Tomorrow’s Game...

Derwent

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Yes excellent result but it doesn’t change , only mask , the issues we’ve faced . Playing with reduced numbers and fitting square pegs in round holes I find quite embarrassing tbh , and we haven’t played 10 games 

This is new start for the team and the coach today, Chris has only been a t the club a  week and already  introduced a new player to the team,  hopefully more to follow this coming week, but a great start for him and the morale of the team.

How a ref can't be consistent is the biggest frustration it's like they are making it up as they go along!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, Annon said:

???? you are aware he isn’t a fullback. But people like you are the reason young lads heads go down. He’s clearly not an awful player if Huddersfield have kept hold of him. Embarrassing 

He maybe missed a couple of tackles but no way could you doubt his commitment he put a great shift in like the rest of them. 

47 minutes ago, JMB said:

This is new start for the team and the coach today, Chris has only been a t the club a  week and already  introduced a new player to the team,  hopefully more to follow this coming week, but a great start for him and the morale of the team.

Fully agree I hope the lads enjoy their beers tonight they deserve them. Its been a torrid couple of weeks but hopefully we have come out of it in better shape. 

10 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Fully agree I hope the lads enjoy their beers tonight they deserve them. Its been a torrid couple of weeks but hopefully we have come out of it in better shape. 

onwards and upwards

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Great effort and attitude in adversity and now we must lighten the load on these guys who are putting in a hell of a shift 

Talking to a friend at the game and he said that missing lads were promised a weekend off by previous regime Who'd have thought getting paid would mean you make yourself available to play throughout season. 

We say it often enough , but what an absolutely fantastic player Olly is . A total leader by performance , presence and inspiration . You always feel better with him out there. Week in week out , in that position , taking hammer he just keeps going and leading by example . Been unbelievable for us since day one . 

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We say it often enough , but what an absolutely fantastic player Olly is . A total leader by performance , presence and inspiration . You always feel better with him out there. Week in week out , in that position , taking hammer he just keeps going and leading by example . Been unbelievable for us since day one . 

Barrow's loss was very much our gain. Mr Wilkes is an inspirational collosus, not just on the field but as a talisman for the Club as a whole. Personally I have him to thank -along with others at Town - for uplifting input during a desperately difficult family period of ill-health.  If anybody deserved a hat trick today it was Ollie ?

1 hour ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Talking to a friend at the game and he said that missing lads were promised a weekend off by previous regime Who'd have thought getting paid would mean you make yourself available to play throughout season. 

Absolutely crazy.

I think today fully justifies the decision to get rid.

14 players gave their all as oppose to 17 against Haven (bar one or 2) who didn’t.

How come Larl Dom or johnno couldn't play? Fantastic performance from 1-80 from the lads today and should all be proud. Buffer, pez, ffmm, Wilkes, scholes, penky. All immense!!

Utt

Fantastic performance from all them 14 lads out there today. To have so many players playing out of position all the odds against us and we come out and do that. I hope this is now a turning point, let’s get some bodies back and get up that table.

Another big game away at Coventry next week, a tough place to go but confident we can fetch those points home.

well done lads! UTT

1 hour ago, Spike said:

How come Larl Dom or johnno couldn't play? Fantastic performance from 1-80 from the lads today and should all be proud. Buffer, pez, ffmm, Wilkes, scholes, penky. All immense!!

Utt

I think Smallwood’s month has ran out. He’s back playing half back at seaton from what I’ve seen on social media. Unsure why Jono couldn’t have a run out. He would still do a job! 

Same scenario, if he plays 1, he has to give up amateur status for 28days. 

I think you need to stop asking why we would need to do this when players contracted are disappearing during season, more of a slight on them and the previous regime allowed and sanctioned this. 

Well done the 14 who played, hearts of lions, siege mentality brought out some real spirit. 

Well done all involved 

What a result that was in the circumstances. I'd like to know how many props have scored a hat trick! I could go on about how has it come to this where a lad who not long ago was playing looseforward finds himself on the wing and two secondrows are playing centre but that's past now and this needs to be a big week for signings. Not stopgaps but where do you get quality players halfway through a season? Hopefully Fieldhouse and Mellor are fit and Pez also limped off .

Looking back on that game big raps should go to Gordon, playing on the wing must have been totally alien to him but I think he took every kick that came  his way, returned them really well and his defence was excellent. Read the interception really well and if somebody had been able to get on his shoulder would have been another score. 

How long would it be between starting training from a very bad shoulder to actually playing again ? I’d guess you have to be careful to get it right  time and conditioning wise , or as we’ve seen it can go again ? 

2 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

What a result that was in the circumstances. I'd like to know how many props have scored a hat trick! I could go on about how has it come to this where a lad who not long ago was playing looseforward finds himself on the wing and two secondrows are playing centre but that's past now and this needs to be a big week for signings. Not stopgaps but where do you get quality players halfway through a season? Hopefully Fieldhouse and Mellor are fit and Pez also limped off .

Think pez as done his groin fingers crossed though utt

It shows you how popular this new competition is, try finding yesterday's results or today's fixtures on any of the usual places. BBC sport., Our League etc. ?

Just watched the game again on twitch tv. For all the rumours of nobody training those guys have got their fitness from somewhere. When tiredness creeps in we generally start making loads of errors but the ball retention and completing sets was excellent. Also our defensive line speed was a lot better which tended to stop their good forward occasions. Wonder when the last time Fui  did about 70 mins in a game. I bet he’s hoping he doesn’t have to do it again!! Just got to hope for a full complement now and play with that same level of desire and commitment and I’m sure the league position will take care of itself.

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

How long would it be between starting training from a very bad shoulder to actually playing again ? I’d guess you have to be careful to get it right  time and conditioning wise , or as we’ve seen it can go again ? 

He has been doing gym work for weeks as part of his rehabilitation. Only the contact stuff that he needs to get back in to. I'd say 2 to 3 weeks. 

Archived