Tom Halliday

Jemmo

1 hour ago, Jemmo said:

Got 5 tries on his Doncaster debut today

Not surprised.  Only seen him s few times but seems highly competent 

I hope Lee Greenwood has now seen him play as I understand the coach’s reason for not selecting Halliday was because he had not seen him play. 

Those Dewsbury supporters who have seen him know his ability. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Lee saw him play pre-season against York. If you missed it, you can watch him too:

Lee is a professional coach who watches him train three times a week and I trust him to know whether or not he's good enough.

The loan is a great opportunity for Tom, but put me on a wing outside Jason Tali against West Wales Raiders and I'd fancy my chances of getting over for a few.

I hope he returns a better player and continues to develop.

Tom

• 2 months later...

Sad loss for us

Great lad and will always be welcome back at the Rams in the future.

Full of enthusiasm and always gave 100% a proper fan's favourite.

Will always be remembered for 3 things

1. The bald head

2. The tattoo's

3. Knocking the pi$$ & wind out of Johnny Campbell..BOOM BOOM ??

good luck Tom have a super career mate

???????

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Hat trick for Donny today!!  .... have we missed out here? .. considering we had no wingers in Toulouse!!

Yes without a doubt. He was also a winger with speed something which we haven't see for a while.

16 minutes ago, coolie said:

I still maintain to this day

We shouldn't have released him

And should have been given more of a chance.

Oh well, if you say so. ?

Wingers have no chance at Dewsbury with our teeny-weensy pitch. I also believe that wingers have been the least of our problems this season.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Oh well, if you say so. ?

Wingers have no chance at Dewsbury with our teeny-weensy pitch. I also believe that wingers have been the least of our problems this season.

I think “wingers” might have cost us the odd game to be honest but agree about the size of the pitch and of course, as I keep mentioning, we’ve only had one centre all season.  Bring back Marquis Charles and I’m sure any of our wingers would be much happier. 

7 hours ago, NickD said:

I think “wingers” might have cost us the odd game to be honest but agree about the size of the pitch and of course, as I keep mentioning, we’ve only had one centre all season.  Bring back Marquis Charles and I’m sure any of our wingers would be much happier. 

True - along with the other forty something squad members used this year. Say what you like about their defence, but by and large, our wingers have carried the ball in with more enthusiasm and to better effect than those paid to do the job. Maybe Halliday was considered too slight to perform the duties expected of a Rams winger.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

On 06/05/2019 at 16:11, Tom Coates said:

Lee saw him play pre-season against York. If you missed it, you can watch him too:

Lee is a professional coach who watches him train three times a week and I trust him to know whether or not he's good enough.

The loan is a great opportunity for Tom, but put me on a wing outside Jason Tali against West Wales Raiders and I'd fancy my chances of getting over for a few.

I hope he returns a better player and continues to develop.

I still think the coach made the wrong decision releasing him and a couple more too. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/09/2019 at 15:23, Crown Flatter said:

I still think the coach made the wrong decision releasing him and a couple more too. 

Which others do you think he was wrong to release?

Tom's on the wing scoring tries for a very good Doncaster team. We all wish him the best.

Tom

On 18/09/2019 at 08:13, Tom Coates said:

Which others do you think he was wrong to release?

Tom's on the wing scoring tries for a very good Doncaster team. We all wish him the best.

3 Cameron Leeming; a hat-trick and you’re out, when we’ve been short of a centre all season. 

24 Harvey Halas, loaned out, brought back and then released without giving us a chance to see him. 

29 Jack Richardson, never given the opportunity he richly deserved. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

56 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

3 Cameron Leeming; a hat-trick and you’re out, when we’ve been short of a centre all season. 

24 Harvey Halas, loaned out, brought back and then released without giving us a chance to see him. 

29 Jack Richardson, never given the opportunity he richly deserved. 

Again, wish all players the best for the future and it'll be interesting to track their careers.

I don't think Cameron's Championship standard, but seems to be going OK for Oldham.

Harvey's just been released by Keighley and Jack's playing in the Reserves for Fev. It seems they haven't given him his opportunity either.

Harvey did play after coming back from his loan, by the way.

I remember how much of a mistake it was to release Jordan Grayston and how it'd come back to bite us.

Of the players we've released in recently, only one has gone to play at a (marginally) higher level and that's Shaun Robinson, and he was released at a time, in 2013, when we had Austin Buchanan and Dale Morton occupying the starting wing positions.

And even then, he didn't arrive at Fev until after developing for several years at League 1 level.

Can you name any other players we've chosen to release who've gone on to bigger and better things?

The unfortunate reality for Lee, Dewsbury and clubs in the Championship is that players want to play and moving them on is often the only way to give them that the opportunity.

We're in the business of staying up in the Championship and we need players in the 17 ready to perform at Championship level every week. It's brutal, but fact.

Lee utilised the loan system last year to give players on the fringes chance to develop in League 1 and many of them returned to play in the first team, including Harvey Hallas.

He tried to arrange Reserves fixtures, but was knocked back by the RFL.

And remember, many of these were players he didn't sign in the first place.

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom Coates said:

Again, wish all players the best for the future and it'll be interesting to track their careers.

I don't think Cameron's Championship standard, but seems to be going OK for Oldham.

Harvey's just been released by Keighley and Jack's playing in the Reserves for Fev. It seems they haven't given him his opportunity either.

Harvey did play after coming back from his loan, by the way.

I remember how much of a mistake it was to release Jordan Grayston and how it'd come back to bite us.

Of the players we've released in recently, only one has gone to play at a (marginally) higher level and that's Shaun Robinson, and he was released at a time, in 2013, when we had Austin Buchanan and Dale Morton occupying the starting wing positions.

And even then, he didn't arrive at Fev until after developing for several years at League 1 level.

Can you name any other players we've chosen to release who've gone on to bigger and better things?

The unfortunate reality for Lee, Dewsbury and clubs in the Championship is that players want to play and moving them on is often the only way to give them that the opportunity.

We're in the business of staying up in the Championship and we need players in the 17 ready to perform at Championship level every week. It's brutal, but fact.

Lee utilised the loan system last year to give players on the fringes chance to develop in League 1 and many of them returned to play in the first team, including Harvey Hallas.

He tried to arrange Reserves fixtures, but was knocked back by the RFL.

And remember, many of these were players he didn't sign in the first place.

Jimmy Ledgard, Nigel Stephenson, Danny Brough, Dicky Doel.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

54 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Jimmy Ledgard, Nigel Stephenson, Danny Brough, Dicky Doel.

You could throw in Brambani, patch, Brev, Farrell,Everett and Hirst, with  Iggy, Morton and Walshaw to shortly follow suit - if you believe everything PM says anyway. :kolobok_smile3:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

22 hours ago, Tom Coates said:

Big difference between us releasing a player as being surplus and them being taken off our hands by a club prepared to pay more, or a player wanting to move on for other reasons.

What we offer players, and whether or not it's enough, is another debate entirely.

Players dont leave just for money all  the time . I agree that most do,  but in there there a more than a few that dont settle for other reasons. I think a few of the names mentioned at both our clubs are leaving not just for money.  

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Archived