Leigh away

IanMac

6 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

The draw was a shambles, they started recording before they were ready and probably didn't know they were on air, it was embarrassing!! 

And then they put along the bottom of the screen Leigh versus Newcastle Thunder!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

The only saving grace is that both Leigh and ourselves don’t have a fixture on the 2nd June so hopefully can play it on that date. We then have west wales away on the following Saturday.

Saturday was a great morale booster but we would probably been better off out of it. Midweek trip to Leigh and no money at stake what a shambles this comp is. Luckily I don't think we have a fixture either side of the game. 

2 minutes ago, IanMac said:

The only saving grace is that both Leigh and ourselves don’t have a fixture on the 2nd June so hopefully can play it on that date. We then have west wales away on the following Saturday.

It would make sense

19 minutes ago, silverfox said:

where is the full draw ,and where can you see all the results from yesterday and today in the 1895 cup .looked on BBC and SKY  websites but nothing .shows what they think of this cup 

The draw is on the general page of totalrl pal. 

3 minutes ago, townie88 said:

I'd quite happily turn up with the cleaner at full back and a load of volunteers making up rest of the squad. Get out of it asap. And get back to the league

Yeh we should rest players that day !

Don t think Chris Thorman will see this match the way some do . He will want us to keep moving forward maybe try a few new things , the more he sees us playing matches the more he will see where we are lacking .

9 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Don t think Chris Thorman will see this match the way some do . He will want us to keep moving forward maybe try a few new things , the more he sees us playing matches the more he will see where we are lacking .

If we want to move forward, we have to try to win every game, with our best side out. We're not Saints or Cas, we can't afford to rest players. If this season is going to get going for us, we need to have the right attitude every match, like we did on Saturday. I'm absolutely sure the players will believe that, no matter how the odds are stacked against us. Hopefully, we'll have a few more players by then!

14 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

the good thing about the results this weekend is how quiet its been from haven fans, haven directors and ex Town directors. Peace perfect peace

Don’t provoke them Jim its been a nice peaceful weekend. 

16 hours ago, silverfox said:

where is the full draw ,and where can you see all the results from yesterday and today in the 1895 cup .looked on BBC and SKY  websites but nothing .shows what they think of this cup 

Only 200 and odd at Donny and Huns nearly 900 at Oldham they must have let them in for nowt, they don't get that many for League games. 

27 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Only 200 and odd at Donny and Huns nearly 900 at Oldham they must have let them in for nowt, they don't get that many for League games. 

Thought Oldham was just over 300.

Regardless as to how this competition is received i don`t understand the very very poor crowds . We have so few fixtures this season i would have thought fans would have wanted to see their Teams playing whatever the opposition , i certainly would .

Archived