Coventry

Spike

25 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

How is it a fiasco? Lets have some perspective. Also Ash had took a step back, it was in the paper. Ex member of staff was let go. He's not gona show love is he

Maybe not to you Jim, but from being 6/4 fav to win the league after the victory at Oldham to where we are at this point in time, unable to field 17 players and losing games, with all due respect to those opponents, we shouldn’t be losing its hardly all sweetness and light is it. I sincerely hope that the new coach can instil his obvious professionalism and ideas into the team and we can turn a corner, but to do that we will also need new players to at least give us a fighting chance of putting 17 bodies on the team sheet. Whilst our injuries have had a serious impact on the team we should never have been in a position with so few numbers in the squad. I, like you no doubt, wish the club nothing but the best but this current slump will hit hard where it matters and that’s through the turnstiles. I will be there on Sunday giving my support as I have done for 50+ years but I am sure anybody who was enticed back in the early part of this year may not be so keen to spend their cash having seen the recent run of form. I hope I’m wrong. UTT

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Big Yin said:

Building local has worked so far for Haven the only lads who live outside of Cumbria are the winger & centre unlike town who’s travellers couldn’t care less about town just hear for a final payday. 

One of whom the outgoing coach told he didn’t want Cumbrian players.

1 hour ago, Big Yin said:

Building local has worked so far for Haven the only lads who live outside of Cumbria are the winger & centre unlike town who’s travellers couldn’t care less about town just hear for a final payday. 

You are just what we needed ?

31 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

You are just what we needed ?

Aye cheered me up no end ?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 hours ago, Big Yin said:

And you are the "Town fan" who emerges at times like this claiming you've been out of the loop due to work commitments in Outer Mongolia or some other media -starved outpost then starts shovelling on the negativity.  Billy Connolly you ain't!  

26 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Couldn't the new coach try and convince Clayton Sutton and anyone else to give it another go?

Hasn’t even been turning up for Distington last couple of matches,was asked to play Saturday gone, but for whatever reason not interested, shame sure he could have done a job

2 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

Hasn’t even been turning up for Distington last couple of matches,was asked to play Saturday gone, but for whatever reason not interested, shame sure he could have done a job

Was telling me he's working away a lot. 

22 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

I’ve just watched match of the day and could put a Liverpool and Man Utd analogy to this.

I'm old enough to remember when Fergie didn't have the best season at the beginning of his managerial career with Man Utd and the fans were wanting him out. 

Was that the analogy your were hinting at?

On 12/05/2019 at 11:36, townie88 said:

One of the most ludacris posts ever. Lads know the commitment when they sign. They know where workington is. 

Aye and if you're semi-pro then your Rugby has to fit in with your shift patterns. The Club also know the day jobs of the players when they sign them. 

If it's easy for the team to meet up, after a number have put in a shift at Sellafield, in South Lakes then why not give it a go?

On 11/05/2019 at 22:49, Flimby Blue said:

Are some of the teams in this division just better than we believed they were?

Is it not possible that they have improved somewhat?

This!

If the team talk prior to the game had the attitude of some of the fans. 

- No need to turn up lads. They're rubbish. You've already got this one won. 

Followed by:

- Oh! You didn't turn up. I wonder why we lost. 

On 12/05/2019 at 16:14, THMS said:

I think Moi moi has done well for us. 

Aye and I thought Hopkins was doing alright in the last couple of home games I was at. 

In the video posted of the game above - Moi Moi was one of our players pursing and almost catching the breaking player for one of the tries. 

I can't believe how bipolar some of the Town Fans are. Our team are world beaters one week, a couple of injuries leading to poor results later and all of a sudden we're yowsless and the players are only in it for the cash!

19 minutes ago, Worky said:

I'm old enough to remember when Fergie didn't have the best season at the beginning of his managerial career with Man Utd and the fans were wanting him out. 

Was that the analogy your were hinting at?

That some of our players are underperforming. unless you’d disagree with that?

11 minutes ago, Worky said:

This!

If the team talk prior to the game had the attitude of some of the fans. 

- No need to turn up lads. They're rubbish. You've already got this one won. 

Followed by:

- Oh! You didn't turn up. I wonder why we lost. 

Lost me there mate!

1 minute ago, Flimby Blue said:

Lost me there mate!

I was agreeing with your comment. 

I consider Coventry a good, well run, mid-table side for our division and improving. As such we need to take them seriously. 

When we're at full strength we shouldn't fear anyone in this division - the Oldham away result demonstrates this - but neither should we be taking any team lightly as Skolars (now joint second) and the Coventry matches show. 

24 minutes ago, Worky said:

Aye and if you're semi-pro then your Rugby has to fit in with your shift patterns. The Club also know the day jobs of the players when they sign them. 

If it's easy for the team to meet up, after a number have put in a shift at Sellafield, in South Lakes then why not give it a go?

Then we give the few remaining local lads another good reason to go up the road. 

11 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

That some of our players are underperforming. unless you’d disagree with that?

Genuinely not sure. 

I agree with the comments that our team has been unbalanced and we're paying for that now we have injuries to key players. 

I'd also agree that the fitness for some (but not all) of the players could be improved. 

Saying that they don't try or don't care - I'm not sure I would agree with that and I've been to all but one home game so far this season. 

Biggest criticism for me this season is that we have tended to force the play rather than playing out a set of six to calm things down after defending a number of back to back sets. Not smart but also not the action of a team that can't be bothered. 

1 hour ago, Worky said:

Genuinely not sure. 

I agree with the comments that our team has been unbalanced and we're paying for that now we have injuries to key players. 

I'd also agree that the fitness for some (but not all) of the players could be improved. 

Saying that they don't try or don't care - I'm not sure I would agree with that and I've been to all but one home game so far this season. 

Biggest criticism for me this season is that we have tended to force the play rather than playing out a set of six to calm things down after defending a number of back to back sets. Not smart but also not the action of a team that can't be bothered. 

I don’t recall saying that though having seen quite a bit this season our heads seem to drop quite easily.

Maybe terrified that it was their last game for the club and were playing with fear.

In my opinion it's the injuries in the backs that's the problem, and not a big enough squad. We not any back up cover,  have  to play forwards out of position.  Coventry n London are improving teams  and no one is to be taken for granted. I'm sure the bod are trying there best(and don't need the criticism some have mentioned) And Chris thorman has only had 1 full week with squad, Iam sure he knows where the problems lie, with his experience now. We all need to get behind the team, through this bad spell and be there Sunday,  get behind Chris and the boys and get back on track. I travel 70 plus miles round trip to every home game. Utt

8 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

I don’t recall saying that though having seen quite a bit this season our heads seem to drop quite easily.

Maybe terrified that it was their last game for the club and were playing with fear.

Jesus they're not infants, is that the reason they didn't go training incase that nasty man shouted at them? After hearing that the board and leon hadn'tbeien seeing eye to eye for most of the season something had to be done. Let's just get on with the season now, we are on the bottom of the rollercoaster at the minute let's see if we can climb back up. 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

5 hours ago, David69 said:

In my opinion it's the injuries in the backs that's the problem, and not a big enough squad. We not any back up cover,  have  to play forwards out of position.  ......

Simple as. All this about players not trying is just cobblers. We have no centres crucial positions, a winger who is just all at sea and no one knows where they will be playing one week to the next. Great to see Fieldhouse back but will take awhile to get up to speed and that alone won't be enough. I'm not sure what else could be expected...and as has already been said its not going to be easy drafting in new players let alone 'local players' most of whom have already gone and well before Pryce. Play-offs long way off at present. However I'm still looking forward to the Hunslet match UTT.

Archived