Sign this petition!

no

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Unfortunately, the media give rugby league a low profile because it is largely played in the north and it isn’t well attended so not enough people will care to read about it.

Yes, the mass media will report on the Grand Final, Challenge Cup Final, Magic Weekend and Internationals but Warrington playing Wigan unfortunately won’t sell papers (especially when they’ve played each other for the 10th time a season or whatever). 

But the media will report on interesting stories; Catalans winning the Cup, Toronto playing out of a British league or even Ben Flower being sent off in the Grand Final, they’re not going to start reporting on rugby league because a few people sign a petition unfortunately.

38 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Unfortunately, the media give rugby league a low profile because it is largely played in the north and it isn’t well attended so not enough people will care to read about it.

Yes, the mass media will report on the Grand Final, Challenge Cup Final, Magic Weekend and Internationals but Warrington playing Wigan unfortunately won’t sell papers (especially when they’ve played each other for the 10th time a season or whatever). 

But the media will report on interesting stories; Catalans winning the Cup, Toronto playing out of a British league or even Ben Flower being sent off in the Grand Final, they’re not going to start reporting on rugby league because a few people sign a petition unfortunately.

They will probably report on a 4 name petition though.....??

3 hours ago, Spike said:

http://chng.it/Yk9d7RCybx

Make the BBC acknowledge rugby league and make us more important!

At least you’re making an effort.   If everybody in RL (me included I’m just as guilty) actually starting doing more to challenge the bias we might see more change.   I guess apathy breeds subservience, and eventually we accept such biases as the norm ?

Spike, I tried to sign it, but it wouldn't accept my attempts. What do I need to do, to register my support? If others are having the same problem it could be the reason why the count is so low.

On the subject of pressing them to do more, I reckon the rugby league community up and down the country must be massive contributers to the BBC license fee pot. To deliberately ignore our sport is a crass failure on their part at best, at worst, its an institutional bias. Either way we deserve a lot better. Get off your knees and sign the petition!

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

At least you’re making an effort.   If everybody in RL (me included I’m just as guilty) actually starting doing more to challenge the bias we might see more change.   I guess apathy breeds subservience, and eventually we accept such biases as the norm ?

If it was coherent, detailed and correctly punctuated, it might be seen with a tad more positivity..

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not saying there’s anything wrong with this but if people really want the BBC to take notice they need to visit their website, comment on articles, likeTweets the BBC tweet and so on. 

33 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If it was coherent, detailed and correctly punctuated, it might be seen with a tad more positivity..

Yeah I'm sorry spike, but the wording of the petition isn't professional enough. Got to be honest that's why I never signed it, in an attempt that it won't become anything. I am not the one that could word it any better by the way, but someone could.

BBC does more for RL in a week than it does for (general) cycling in a year and that's something that occurs nationwide and (despite low modal share) is still done for commuting/utility purposes by a couple of million people, RL is minute compared to just bog standard cycling (as in non racing/non competition) and is far less important in the grand scheme of things.

So, you're onto a loser.

4 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Spike, I tried to sign it, but it wouldn't accept my attempts. What do I need to do, to register my support? If others are having the same problem it could be the reason why the count is so low.

On the subject of pressing them to do more, I reckon the rugby league community up and down the country must be massive contributers to the BBC license fee pot. To deliberately ignore our sport is a crass failure on their part at best, at worst, its an institutional bias. Either way we deserve a lot better. Get off your knees and sign the petition!

You need to enter your email address and when it asks to share and chip in there is a small skip button at the bottom. Don't pay but try and share ??

9 hours ago, Spike said:

http://chng.it/Yk9d7RCybx

Make the BBC acknowledge rugby league and make us more important!

It's rubbish that they keep referring to RU as just rugby. It's usually rugby union; in any case it is the original, if RL did what i say it would be more popular, meaning the BBC would take RL more seriously. The product on the paddock needs improving. Too much kicking and too many on the pitch. Ban kicking in a forwards direction and go to 12-a-side. Get rid of the scrum. Make pitches 95m long, maximum; with  7m deep in-goal areas. 

37 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

It's rubbish that they keep referring to RU as just rugby. It's usually rugby union; in any case it is the original, if RL did what i say it would be more popular, meaning the BBC would take RL more seriously. The product on the paddock needs improving. Too much kicking and too many on the pitch. Ban kicking in a forwards direction and go to 12-a-side. Get rid of the scrum. Make pitches 95m long, maximum; with  7m deep in-goal areas. 

That would be the end of the sport. Stupid ideas

14 minutes ago, Spike said:

That would be the end of the sport. Stupid ideas

Rubbish. It's called rugby league not association football. You'll still have conversions and penalties obviously, i'd have conversions as drop-kicks. Start match with a play-the-ball on the 20 metre line, opposition line up on the 30m line. 

34 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

Rubbish. It's called rugby league not association football. You'll still have conversions and penalties obviously, i'd have conversions as drop-kicks. Start match with a play-the-ball on the 20 metre line, opposition line up on the 30m line. 

That would make the game even more repetitive. Kicking forwards and kickoffs make the play more diverse.

45 minutes ago, Blackpool rl said:

That would make the game even more repetitive. Kicking forwards and kickoffs make the play more diverse.

There's far too much inane kicking, and far too many tries scored from kicks, frustrates me. I want to see territory stats mean something. 

12 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

There's far too much inane kicking, and far too many tries scored from kicks, frustrates me. I want to see territory stats mean something. 

I'm genuinely puzzled by this, what do you propose teams do on the last tackle if they can't kick, especially when the set ends around midfield? 

When you watch NRL teams kick on the last and really turn the field, you realise what a skill it is and how much better, on average, their halves are at kicking. 

Just now, Toby Chopra said:

I'm genuinely puzzled by this, what do you propose teams do on the last tackle if they can't kick, especially when the set ends around midfield? 

When you watch NRL teams kick on the last and really turn the field, you realise what a skill it is and how much better, on average, their halves are at kicking. 

The quality of the kicking is better in the NRL, we all know that. But there are too many tries scored form chips to the sideline, which should be easy for a professional halfback, and up and under's should be caught every time by a fullback unless there is a challenger for the ball in the air, nowadays. Pre-1995, fine, there wasn't a guarantee that a fullback would catch the ball, and that the halves would put the ball on a dime, but, it's expected today.    

Archived