Raider91

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Toulouse too, I'd imagine a lot of Bradford players are full time as well

at start of season bradford chairman said 22 full time players

3 hours ago, olray said:

Sheffield & York must be full time I would say . 

Both part time but if you remember in 2016 sheffield went full time and  lot of players wanted part time and left some coming to FEV  so from coming third on 34 points in 2015 they came seventh on 16 points in 2016  so full time really worked for them

2017  they went back part time

On 14/05/2019 at 15:47, Barrow RLFC123 said:

They will be on guaranteed money so regardless of performance they will play if fit. There are better amateurs around here than them. We thought we could buy super league cast off then do ok but hasn’t turned out well. Don’t think we have scouted very well....

Go on then...... were all ears ?? 

Sounds like you attend local games, free scouting of local talent is something im sure the club cant pass up. 

Great initiative

There seem to be a few new posters on here who obviously know what’s wrong at the club, if only they had appeared earlier in the year with their expertise then we wouldn’t be fighting at the wrong end of the table.

27 minutes ago, The Vet said:

There seem to be a few new posters on here who obviously know what’s wrong at the club, if only they had appeared earlier in the year with their expertise then we wouldn’t be fighting at the wrong end of the table.

Forum police again ? people pay their money they're entitled to their opinion too many people on here and Facebook shut people's opinions down if cresta gets criticism. Blind faith is no good we're a sinking ship the man can't be immune to criticism just because of his past achievements

No forum police here, I totally agree everyone has an opinion whether they pay or not,  it’s just that time of year again if the team isn’t doing well 3/4 new members appear calling for the coach/new players etc, we win a few games and they disappear, when we start winning a few games hopefully the new members keep posting as it makes for an interesting board?

So you think recruitment has been good? You think performances have been acceptable? I am not coming on here just to slag the club off I don’t want us playing in a pub league next year. That league 1 is a joke. I don’t need to be a scout round the local area I just know that we have payed and are paying over the odds for ex super league players and the 3 PNG players haven’t been up to much either. If your happy with how things are going on the field then fine but as a fan I am not. 

Iv never really mentioned about the playing side of things either good or bad and like everyone else wishes the team was in a better position, just refer to my last post which happens each time the club goes through a tough patch, like I say I hope the new members continue to post when fortunes change?

1 hour ago, The Vet said:

Iv never really mentioned about the playing side of things either good or bad and like everyone else wishes the team was in a better position, just refer to my last post which happens each time the club goes through a tough patch, like I say I hope the new members continue to post when fortunes change?

So what is your opinion on the recruitment, coach and our league position? 

• every signing is a risk whoever it is.

• right man for job.

• probably should be higher, doesn’t help when you can’t put the same team out 2 weeks running.

3 hours ago, The Vet said:

Iv never really mentioned about the playing side of things either good or bad and like everyone else wishes the team was in a better position, just refer to my last post which happens each time the club goes through a tough patch, like I say I hope the new members continue to post when fortunes change

In preseason the club signed:

3 PNG internationals 

Jake Spedding who last season for me gave the best individual display from an opposition player.

Deon Cross who was one of Rochdale’s best last year.

Tee Ritson outstanding young player.

Gareth Hock who may be ageing but was still doing the business at Fev.

maybe others also, there has been others who have joined in the season.

that isn’t poor recruitment, however like I said previous every signing is a risk, some players settle & some don’t, players get injured & some lose form, unfortunately nobody can see the future.

I thought we recruited really well, didn't hear any complaints at the start of the season about who we'd signed. For whatever reason it hasn't the team just hasn't clicked yet, and we've been unlucky again with injuries. A new coach isn't going to change the fact we've got injuries and can't play the same team every week. Just got to get behind them and hope we can pull something out of the bag to stay up. 

Tom Heighton

7 hours ago, Barrow RLFC123 said:

So you think recruitment has been good? 

If you asked any rugby league fan in February how our recruitment was most would say it was fantastic. 

Stating a signing was a bad signing from the beginning in May after a string of bad results is extremely short sighted. 

2 hours ago, Raider94 said:

I thought we recruited really well, didn't hear any complaints at the start of the season about who we'd signed. For whatever reason it hasn't the team just hasn't clicked yet, and we've been unlucky again with injuries. A new coach isn't going to change the fact we've got injuries and can't play the same team every week. Just got to get behind them and hope we can pull something out of the bag to stay up. 

A new coach might be able to drill some discipline in though. Our defence for the most part has been shocking and we're committing the same poor penalties week in week out 

Olray, i dont think bringing him back to give him game time is the answer. he will no doubt be a fine player in the coming seasons, but throwing him into a side performing like they are now could ruin him!

I too like 'the Vet' think Cresta is 100% the right man. hes a good coach and both of us saw a fair few!! Some of our signings may not have turned out to be what we expected but thats the nature of sport. Hopefully we can turn our form around starting with Sheffield at the Bash!!

1 hour ago, Barrow RLFC123 said:

League 1 is a joke. It’s like playing amateur sides it really is. There are better sides in the NCL premier probably. Let’s just hope the players start performing for the coach and the fans. 

West Wales the only whipping boys in league 1 the rest would wipe the floor with any conference side its a lot more evenly balanced since you got promoted 2 years ago

1 hour ago, donald said:

West Wales the only whipping boys in league 1 the rest would wipe the floor with any conference side its a lot more evenly balanced since you got promoted 2 years ago

Haven doing well Donald, keep it up.

Archived