Potential new signings

Raider91

On 18/05/2019 at 18:38, the man said:

Willie Minoga lands back in the country on Tuesday and I have almost agreed terms with a club for a season loan for another player, I'm 95% sure I will get the deal over the line. After that we are still talking about another player to their club and I'm hopefully we can get something agreed . Sometimes things go really slow then bang you have your signing.

For tomorrow, we are probably at the strongest we have been for ages. Aspinwall, Stack and Walne return whilst Josh Johnson is now fit having played when he could hardly walk at Halifax. 

Is there any further news please Steve?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid I've had a bad last 24 hours. The player I was 95% certain of signing has changed his mind. On Tuesday morning we had everything agreed and produced the forms to sign. 24 hours later and the player had changed his mind due to a rival offer. 

The second signing isn't dead but it is a loan signing and his club picked up injuries at the weekend and need some to clear before the deal is done.

On the plus side Willie Minoga landed safely, we picked up no injuries at the weekend and Danny Morrow has been declared fit to add to the squad.

We will keep trying.

BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

I'm not prepared to say who it was. I believe I am open and honest with the majority of club matters but I don't want to disrespect the player or club by naming them after they did a U-turn

And of course we are going to try to stay up. 

BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

3 hours ago, the man said:

I'm afraid I've had a bad last 24 hours. The player I was 95% certain of signing has changed his mind. On Tuesday morning we had everything agreed and produced the forms to sign. 24 hours later and the player had changed his mind due to a rival offer. 

The second signing isn't dead but it is a loan signing and his club picked up injuries at the weekend and need some to clear before the deal is done.

On the plus side Willie Minoga landed safely, we picked up no injuries at the weekend and Danny Morrow has been declared fit to add to the squad.

We will keep trying.

Thanks Steve - appreciated!

On 23/05/2019 at 17:27, the man said:

We will keep trying.

Any news on the proposed loan deal? Has this fell through or still in with a shout? Hopefully Saturdays win and performance will help attract a player or two. 

Archived