Squad builder

Fenton Knight

• 2 weeks later...

It is on our agenda for the Harrogate Knights meeting on 27th May at 7:30pm at the Empress (excuse the plug). However I have started (Stu Morris) a standing order from my bank for £10 per month if we think we get on average 1600+ regular home fans out of that probably in the region of 1000 adults. If everyone was doing between £5-10 a month thats we would be raking in £5000-10,000 a month which could go a hell of a long way recruitment wise. I am not saying everyone can afford to do that much or that everyone should do that much but a recruitment drive maybe some prizes put forward by club sponsors or even a sponsor of a raffle draw itself as a Squadbuilder draw or similar could help?

• Like 5

Great post Stu. York is a rich place compared to a lot of rugby league towns with great potential. So if we can all sell the Knights and reach out to existing as well as new supporters then I am sure that greater financial support will be forthcoming to take us forward. That, and this amazing new stadium, we will be playing in next season.

81DB7163-5DF8-429E-AF7B-5926E976E34C.jpeg

Edited by White Knight
  • Like 3

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

The York City Knights Squad Builder Fund has today received a cheque from Ron Wagner-Wright in Hawaii. Ron has given this donation in honour of his grandfather, Ernie Wright, who played rugby league in York in the 1920s. Although totally blind, Ron follows the progress of York City Knights from Hawaii.

Andy Gomersall.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...

While I was in Toronto, I met John,  Jack and David Williams who had travelled from Los Angeles California to watch York City Knights play. They expressed interest in supporting York City Knights through the YCK Squad Builder Fund. John Williams has been in touch with me by email today and promised to send a cheque to help with our current recruitment drive.

Andy Gomersall.

• Like 6

On 21/05/2019 at 16:36, HarrogateKnights said:

It is on our agenda for the Harrogate Knights meeting on 27th May at 7:30pm at the Empress (excuse the plug). However I have started (Stu Morris) a standing order from my bank for £10 per month if we think we get on average 1600+ regular home fans out of that probably in the region of 1000 adults. If everyone was doing between £5-10 a month thats we would be raking in £5000-10,000 a month which could go a hell of a long way recruitment wise. I am not saying everyone can afford to do that much or that everyone should do that much but a recruitment drive maybe some prizes put forward by club sponsors or even a sponsor of a raffle draw itself as a Squadbuilder draw or similar could help?

Great stuff. What’s a few quid a month when you know it’s going to a great cause in player recruitment? Might just make the difference between finishing in the play offs and top of the pile next season.

• Like 2

I have had a message from Mike Miller (Mick the Miller) asking for information about our York City Knights' fans in Los Angeles and Hawaii as he is visiting both places in the near future. I do not know how to reply to this message.

I can provide email addresses for both the Los Angeles and the Hawaii contingents if I am contacted via ycksquadbuilderfund@yahoo.co.uk.

Andy Gomersall.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Squad builder and it’s importance got a mention following the James Green signing. 

“I’d like to thank the efforts of our supporters and specifically squad builder for their hard work and continuing commitment, which is enabling us to plan and build for what will hopefully be another successful season.”

• Like 2

On 21/05/2019 at 16:36, HarrogateKnights said:

Fev have something similar which now has over 200 members. Come on Knights fans...

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/centenary-squad-builder-reaches-over-200-members-ro8Z6

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I would like to thank KISS for their contribution to the York City Knights Squad Builder Fund at the Fans' Forum last night.

The fund accepts many one-off payments and monthly standing orders from fans, who include one in Hawaii and one in Los Angeles. The only outgoings from the fund are to York City Knights referenced to a named player. All of these payments are approved by a majority of the four trustees of the fund. From the current squad, the fund has helped with the acquisition of Matty Marsh, Liam Salter, Connor Robinson, Will Jubb, Kriss Brining and Jordan Baldwinson.

If anyone else would like to contribute to the fund, they can contact me on ycksquadbuilderfund@yahoo.co.uk. I will then provide the bank account details.

Andy Gomersall.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Blake Wallace......

Blessed with a larger-than-life personality and scintillating sidestep, Blake Wallace’s journey to becoming a permanent member of the Wolfpack team has been one of hard-work and determination.

Hailing from Wollongong in Australia, Wallace has been on the Wolfpack roster since their inaugural season and scored the Club’s first ever try. Since then he has proven himself as an elusive runner that never fails to step up to every challenge.

2019 will always be a memorable year for Wallace, not least of all for the stunning try that set Lamport Stadium alight during the Playoff Final. With the season on the line, Wallace gave everything in a push for the line that left defenders in his wake and sparked the Wolfpack into life and inspired a famous victory that secured Super League promotion.

Wallace pulled on the Wolfpack jersey 22 times in 2019 and collected an impressive total of 132 points, including 16 tries. A player that has gotten better with each passing week during his time in Toronto, Wallace is primed for the Club’s maiden Super League campaign and will be integral in their desire to not just perform at the top level but to challenge for the title.

After a strong junior career in Australia, Wallace made his professional debut with the Wolfpack in 2017 as a 24 year old and immediately showed his worth to the fledgling side. He has become a favourite with both fans and players as a result of his energetic personality and hardworking attitude, traits that saw him one of the first picked by Brian McDermott each week in 2019. Ready to take his game to another level in 2020, the product of Wollongong in Australia will be one to watch on the biggest stage.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Please note the new email address for the York City Knights Squad Builder Fund is squadbuilderfund@yorkcityknights.com

Any offers of donations or enquiries about the fund would be welcomed as James and Jon prepare the squad for the 2022 season.

Andy Gomersall.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/08/2021 at 06:38, AndyG said:

Please note the new email address for the York City Knights Squad Builder Fund is squadbuilderfund@yorkcityknights.com

Any offers of donations or enquiries about the fund would be welcomed as James and Jon prepare the squad for the 2022 season.

Andy Gomersall.

Just thought I should remind Knight fans that every little helps, please donate what you can, onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

YCK Squad Builder now has a new website too! https://yorksquadbuilder.com/ 

Single, or Regular Donations can now be made through the website... using PayPal (Card or PayPal Transfer). The usual Standing Order, or Direct Debit is still available too. 

Please feel free to check the site out, and share in the community. 

Edited by YCK Squad Builder
spelling mistake