Furner Sacked

Well after that Bradford game I have no reservations about Furner getting sacked. He had a full pre season and half a season and he coached a pathetic team who are clueless. Yes maybe you can blame recruitment. But their is no excuse for the defense and the lack of structure. 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/05/2019 at 11:33, Rupert Prince said:

Mr Lizzard...   Given that they only gave Furner 14 games it's hard to criticize them for not spending time to look for a replacement in tbat time.

It strikes me of being some player power in the background.  But the other issue might well be a sort of Perfect Storm where events ruled everything.  

But the haunting spectre of relegation was the perhaps the driver.  The sooner relegation is dropped and dropped for good the better. 

Let's scrap relegation,it's too upsetting for Leeds.

20 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Let's scrap relegation,it's too upsetting for Leeds.

Relegation is a bad idea made compounded by the increasing commitment to Reserve and Academy players and costs. Reluctantly i believe the way forward is 14 teams and no relegation, with the possibility of 16 in the future.

Scrapping relegation doesn't alleviate those problems, all it does is give teams more time for mediocre displays, waiting for turning the corner, more in hope. One thing wrong with that is taking your supporters for granted, hoping that they'll support the club no questions asked. As for using finances for a reserve and academy set-ups, isn't that what all clubs should be aiming for. At least you have a chance of bringing your own players through instead of players from overseas. Of course that's reliant on the coaching skill set at the club. 

Archived