11-12 May: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

And the Cru once again show how good we are at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

It was a close, tense game that could have gone either way. We shouldn’t have given 6 penalty points away. It felt like a top of the table clash. 

Fans singing “now you’re gonna believe us, we’re gonna win the league” bit tongue in cheek but lots of positivity at Skolars so who knows. 

On 07/05/2019 at 14:58, EssexRL said:

I’m really looking forward to the London v Cru game. Both sides improving. Agree it’ll be close but think we’ll win. 

Bears to beat Town. 

On 07/05/2019 at 15:01, Yorks Tim said:

SATURDAY 11th MAY
London Skolars 26 v 20 North Wales Crusaders

SUNDAY 12th MAY 
Coventry Bears 20 v 18 Workington Town

Bears to pull off another notable win with a fully refreshed squad after the extended break. There have been some close games between the two sides.

Heeeyyy!!!

Bears were excellent today using all the space of a longer(?)/ wider(?) 'home' pitch to brush aside a sluggish Town side.

Tries came from slick passing moves and 100 yard interception sprints.

We've been close to getting a first win over Workington and it all came good today.

3 hours ago, EssexRL said:

It was a close, tense game that could have gone either way. We shouldn’t have given 6 penalty points away. It felt like a top of the table clash. 

Congrats to skolars, really seem to be pulling it together.

Unlucky for us Crusaders fans, but need to keep spirits up cos we were so close to a 3rd win on the bounce. Keep the faith, we're on the up 

Brilliant performance from the Bears today. The scoreline actually flattered Workington in what was a dominant performance throughout. The players really put their bodies on the line defensively and scored some excellent tries in attack. This team have pace in abundance and it showed against a big Workington team. 

All in all one of the best performances I've seen from the Bears. The list of beaten established northern teams keeps getting longer and the belief is there with this group of players that they can take on anyone. 

Special mention to Workingtons players, staff and supporters. Definitely one of the friendliest teams in the league. 

6 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Great to see the progress Scolars and Coventry are making this season,the league is wide open but what has happened to promotion favourites Workington?

Skolars with a "k"

14 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

This league is there for the taking by a team that could, I don't know, go on a ten match winning run? Please.....

Noted by the most-ignored,but highly adored,expansion club West Wales Raiders.

Commencing 26th of this month - at your place,Doncaster. ?

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

14 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Why did this have the Coventry game down for today? 

The game would have been played today had it been at our usual home - Butts Park Arena - but was moved to Broadstreet RFC due to pitch upgrade work.

21 hours ago, Hughsehhh said:

Congrats to skolars, really seem to be pulling it together.

Unlucky for us Crusaders fans, but need to keep spirits up cos we were so close to a 3rd win on the bounce. Keep the faith, we're on the up 

If Keighley wasn’t deducted points you would be second to bottom, you have won 2 games out of 7 and knocked out of the challenge cup by an amateur side. How do you feel you are on the up? And that’s a general question not me having a go. I thought your team showed plenty of promise a year or 2 back. 

1 hour ago, RLNew said:

If Keighley wasn’t deducted points you would be second to bottom, you have won 2 games out of 7 and knocked out of the challenge cup by an amateur side. How do you feel you are on the up? And that’s a general question not me having a go. I thought your team showed plenty of promise a year or 2 back. 

Yeah some fair points there and there are some cru fans on here to better answer. My view is that it is signs and shoots of recovery and promise. Had we have scored 2 more points yesterday, we'd be 6th, so small margins. Plus skolars are a form team and up there in the league, so the fact that we took it to them is positive. The early season form was poor, but even then we were playing some good stuff in patches

27 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

Yeah some fair points there and there are some cru fans on here to better answer. My view is that it is signs and shoots of recovery and promise. Had we have scored 2 more points yesterday, we'd be 6th, so small margins. Plus skolars are a form team and up there in the league, so the fact that we took it to them is positive. The early season form was poor, but even then we were playing some good stuff in patches

There have been some games that could of gone either way, but I guess that’s how it goes and as you say could of been a different story 

1 hour ago, RLNew said:

Understand what your saying, and just looking at the table you make a fair point. However, if this game was 75 minutes long instead of 80, we would have beaten Keighley and Skolars, ?.

Joking aside, we have been far more competitive this year than we have been for perhaps three or four years. A win by just one point yesterday would have put us in sixth place, which also shows just how open league one is this year.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

Archived