10-11 May: Challenge Cup 6th Round (Non TV Games) 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kershaw in at other side. Tough on Widnes.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Horo in. FT 26 6

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

26-6 is the final score. Very pleasing performance from Widnes, be interesting to see why the team was so worked up about the two decisions in the second half.

Dewsbury 6-34 Halifax. Another 2 tries for Chester Butler-5 tries in 3 Games for the Welsh International. Dewsbury struggling to break down Fax. Concerns over the Championships leading Point Scorer Steve Tyrer, who went off injured. Fax easily through to the next round.

2 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Dewsbury 6-34 Halifax. Another 2 tries for Chester Butler-5 tries in 3 Games for the Welsh International. Dewsbury struggling to break down Fax. Concerns over the Championships leading Point Scorer Steve Tyrer, who went off injured. Fax easily through to the next round.

Score is a bit harsh on the Rams as we were close on a number of occasions and had the Finn try not been disallowed in a close first half it could have been a lot closer but full marks to Fax, more clinical in their execution and had more nous in attack, punishing our errors - and thanks for bringing decent support too to give a 1200 crowd. At least we are still in the 1895....

Agree with above. Koppy turned game for wakefield by going back to basics and making the hard yards.

However my mom was Danny Craven he put in a great display of game management with a very effective kicking game.

Well played widnes

25 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Terrible performance from Trinity but Widnes definitely should be proud. 

Trinity won, didn't have to exert themselves too hard, no injuries so I expect Chris Chester isn't too upset. Fairly difficult conditions for handling.

Widnes players feel that Owens grounded the ball first for both the Fifita try and for the disallowed try at the other end, doesn't excuse whatever comment was made to the touch judge though. Couldn't really see either well enough to comment.

11 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

However my mom was Danny Craven

I foresee a fascinating episode of Who do you think you are? in the pipeline.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Agree with others, too many errors from Trinity.

Craven’s kicks were top quality. If Widnes had had more of an attacking threat (or maybe just finishing), we’d have been in a bit of trouble. Felt a bit lucky to be honest. 

It took Kershaw’s 50m break to create the third try and give us a bit of headroom. Until then, it could’ve easily gone Widnes’ way. 

If Owens has given the linesman a mouthful i hope he does get a ban. The mouthing off, wailing & having tantrums by players is becoming tedious. I’d like to see the Official’s sending players back 10yards because of it, then if they do it again either sin bin or send them off. That’ll cut out the backchat (hopefully). 

Wakefield looked pretty hopeless until the last 15 mins or so tonight and could have had more of a mountain to climb had a couple of things gone the other way. Widnes acquitted themselves well I thought.

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Trinity won, didn't have to exert themselves too hard, no injuries so I expect Chris Chester isn't too upset. Fairly difficult conditions for handling.

Widnes players feel that Owens grounded the ball first for both the Fifita try and for the disallowed try at the other end, doesn't excuse whatever comment was made to the touch judge though. Couldn't really see either well enough to comment.

Nowt wrong with Fifita's try as far as I could see, can't comment on the other one.

Probably an easier win than most fans anticipated for Fax but the truth is although Dewsbury competed for periods of the game Fax never really got out of second gear. We seem to have found some form in the last few weeks but the real test will be next week against Bradford.

2 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

Was there many on at Wakey last night. I think we may see in the RL press, the talk of the slump in attendance’s at cup games. I’ve not a clue what the answer is, and i definitely don’t expect them at Red Hall to have one as well. 

Just over 3,000 there last night. 

Stupid RL kick off rule where the scoring team gets it back. I really don’t think Donny have had possession while Catalans have scored their last five tries 62/6 and 44/0 in 33 second half mins

Archived