Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Plow

Warrington rebrand?

10 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Yes but it’s not in your club name is it? No more than dreadnowts is Wakefield or the steam pigs were Bradford or at least I can’t see it anywhere ie I’ve never seen you referred to as Warrington Wire in the media.

it May be more than a nickname  fair enough but it’s not your name, Trinity and Northern is/was our name.

Roughyed is the nickname of anyone from Oldham and so the rugby club became known, unofficially, as the Roughyeds.  The problem is how do you promote/market a Roughyed? We were on BBC a few years back and the commentator said "Roughyeds, what a great name for a rugby club" . It is , but our mascot is a lion called Roary.  🤨

14 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Yes but it’s not in your club name is it? No more than dreadnowts is Wakefield or the steam pigs were Bradford or at least I can’t see it anywhere ie I’ve never seen you referred to as Warrington Wire in the media.

it May be more than a nickname  fair enough but it’s not your name, Trinity and Northern is/was our name.

Great stuff, how are you monetising it or using it for publicity?

14 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

double post

Edited by Barry Badrinath
double post