'Gentleman' Johnny Whiteley

Dave Woods BBC podcast this week chats with rugby league royalty....fabulous!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p078g5c4

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

4 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I feared the worst.

It must have crossed the mind of a few of us, I think.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I’ve heard this recording before but still interesting listening.  Signed on for free a promise of £8 a win £5 a loss and the signing was for life!  

Also, on signing guaranteed a 1st team game and he was in the 1st team for the next 15 years. Never dropped.

They are replaying the interview at HT on Radio 5 Sports Extra right now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived