Anyone going on Friday....

Therein73

18 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

image.png.b10d4e73ead93fdefa770dcda5360bd1.png

No Luke Hooley .... so is it Morton or Gabriel at full back??

Kilner another prop on loan from Wigan ... guessing Iggy will continue at centre

Another prop / second rower.  Cracking???

Ok so this time the Power of prayer didn’t deliver- too many errors like the Morton off load and Gabriel uncertain under the high ball but some bad luck too - no idea why the Finn try was chalked off which could have made a difference- and another big show of heart from Sammy and Daniel. We are still too inconsistent and miss Sykes. 

6 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

Ok so this time the Power of prayer didn’t deliver- too many errors like the Morton off load and Gabriel uncertain under the high ball but some bad luck too - no idea why the Finn try was chalked off which could have made a difference- and another big show of heart from Sammy and Daniel. We are still too inconsistent and miss Sykes. 

Finn and Sykes were a great mix when you beat us at Fev and its that combo that The Rams are missing in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Finn and Sykes were a great mix when you beat us at Fev and its that combo that The Rams are missing in my opinion.

I agree Phil. We desperately need Sykes back. I came away tonight obviously disappointed but I couldn't say the lads didn't give their all. OK a couple were off their game but the desire was there. We currently just don't have the personnel to compete with teams at the top end of this division. We may win the odd game but it is more down to the opposition having an off day. We have some lads who will be cracking players in another couple of seasons but that's for the future. I think we just have to accept at Dewsbury at the moment we are going to struggle and if we can stay in the division it's job done. It doesn't thrill me as a supporter but hey ho.

We seem to lack leadership and finishing power, but can make ground when we feel the need. Our tackling at times is good and  bad in almost equal measure, but one big worry of mine and seen tonight, is the terrible passes thrown. 

I thought the new lad, Kilmer made a good start with us and got through some hard work and Iggy was certainly our top player, but Gabriel is no full back.   

The referee tonight made silly mistakes, seeing things we supporters didn’t and missing those we did see, but his input made no difference to the result as our opponents were, not for the first time, much better than us. 

I think our season, once again, will peter out (might already have done so judging by recent performances) with us just surviving in this division, I hope. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived