Hunslet at home

Bearintown

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sticklebricks said:

But as I say I think we might play games on the reds, or so I believe??

It would be good to see another game at DP played 2 games in the eighties Wigan in the Cup 86 I think 5k there. And Bramley in 81 it was another good crowd on a Friday night. 

26 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

It would be good to see another game at DP played 2 games in the eighties Wigan in the Cup 86 I think 5k there. And Bramley in 81 it was another good crowd on a Friday night. 

Was it Bramley where clogger took the ball in and got hammered got up and played the ball to them, poor sod didn’t know where he was lol

56 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Remember it .. Elland Road when Kay scored four tries I believe 

Tore them apart that day one of best away performances I've seen

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Remember it .. Elland Road when Kay scored four tries I believe 

Oh for a Tony kay for Sunday, once he opened them legs there was no catching him he was unreal that match..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

10 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

I remember the Bramley match, Hopkins ran length of field to score, only for Lindop to bring him back for a town penalty in the 25. Later on town get a penalty on half way, Hopkins was going to go for touch but Lindop talked him into going for goal, which he kicked

9 hours ago, anok4u said:

Oh for a Tony kay for Sunday, once he opened them legs there was no catching him he was unreal that match..

Brings to mind the late great David Coleman commentating on a women's race. I can't remember the athlete but as she hit the front on the last lap he uttered the immortal words "she opens her legs and shows her class" ?

5 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

I thought it was Dave Lowden.

Ok this was it............6th December 1993.....Regal Trophy Round 2......Hunslet 12 v Town 34.

Town scorers...Tries: Tony Kay 4, Dave Lowden 1.

Goals; Dean Marwood 7.

Town team: Mulligan, Penrice, Kay, Burns, Bond, Carter, Marwood, Riley, Roskell, J.Pickering, Oglanby, Armstrong, Hepi. Subs:Lowden, Schubert.

Attendance; 1225

3 hours ago, Chrome Dome said:

Ok this was it............6th December 1993.....Regal Trophy Round 2......Hunslet 12 v Town 34.

Town scorers...Tries: Tony Kay 4, Dave Lowden 1.

Goals; Dean Marwood 7.

Town team: Mulligan, Penrice, Kay, Burns, Bond, Carter, Marwood, Riley, Roskell, J.Pickering, Oglanby, Armstrong, Hepi. Subs:Lowden, Schubert.

Attendance given as 1,000.

I'm sure Lowden scored 4 at Elland Road Keith. Must've been another game.

53 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I'm sure Lowden scored 4 at Elland Road Keith. Must've been another game.

Go to the top of the class for that, apologies I was looking at the JP Trophy match.......Town did also win at Hunslet 34-11 that same season in the league Div 3...and yes David was the try star.

And same seasonTown won 40-19 at Derwent Park v Hunslet....guess what ...Paul Burns scored 4 tries...blimey.

11 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Brings to mind the late great David Coleman commentating on a women's race. I can't remember the athlete but as she hit the front on the last lap he uttered the immortal words "she opens her legs and shows her class" ?

He hit the front, it was Alberto Juanterino at the 1976 Olympics

37 minutes ago, Brookie said:

He got 4 earlier, Kay got 4 on debut

Nope Tony Kay didn't score on his debut.

Which was in an earlier mentioned clash with Hunslet on 11/10/1992......Town 40 v Hunslet 19. Attendance 1526.

Town scorers...Tries; Burns 4, Bond, Lowden, Hepi... 1 each.

Goals; Marwood 6

Town team;  Mulligan, Lowden, Kay (Town debut),  Burns, Bond, Wear, Marwood, Armstrong, Roskell, McGuirk, Buglass, Oglanby, Hepi. Subs; Scott, Riley.

Anyway if any of today's players are reading this thread 4 tries tomoz from anyone would be great...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Archived