How can it be right?

How can it be right that scouts from Super Greed clubs can tell the parents of a 14 year old to take him away from the club he has been at since he was 7, and the mates he has played with since he was 7, and go and play for a better placed team 10 miles away because he has talent and the Super Greed club want to monitor him at a higher level? I understand that this might give the player a better chance (not a certainty) of being signed up by the Super Greed club but, this is not a one off case. They are sending players from different clubs to one selected club to create Super teams that are unbeatable. How does this develop the rest of the game? I remember this happening at youth level many years ago and BARLA stepped in to stop the creation of super teams by ruling that players had to play within the boundaries of their own district leagues. What changed? I am not talking about a specific player by the way. We lost two this way last season and I see it happening regularly.

If there is, it is not being adhered to or policed. Super Greed clubs just do what ever they like. I just watch youth games. I am not involved as much these days so I don't know all the rules but this cannot be right. When I was involved only two transfers were allowed and they had to be to clubs within you're own district league. Club scouts should not be dictating what clubs youngsters play for.

Obviously they are not strictly enforced. I am involved with a club and although not directly involved with the youth teams (not aware of transfer rules these days) I keep the records for every team at the club and have done for 20 years. Many years ago we had a lad who lived in Salford but he was told to go and play for a club in Wigan, which was against the laws but, they got round it by saying he had gone to live with relatives in Wigan. The lad went on to play for Oldham and Rochdale amongst others. As I go through my records now I now, especially the last 2 or 3 years, I notice that a player who was scoring 3 tries per game isn't playing any more. When I enquire what happened to him I get told he was told to move to Oldham! If you are fishing for me to name players and teams involved you will be waiting for ever. I am well known in amateur RL circles and have good friends at all parties. I don't blame them - I blame the Super Greed clubs. I could not give a toss if you believe me or not? It's happening but, it's typical RL to bury heads in the and make like an Ostrich. Lets just say I dreamt it all up eh. I could not care less what anybody thinks. I just want to let people know that it is happening. Up to you if you want to believe it or not?

On 10/05/2019 at 12:20, Celtic Rooster said:

How can it be right that scouts from Super Greed clubs can tell the parents of a 14 year old to take him away from the club he has been at since he was 7, and the mates he has played with since he was 7, and go and play for a better placed team 10 miles away because he has talent and the Super Greed club want to monitor him at a higher level? I understand that this might give the player a better chance (not a certainty) of being signed up by the Super Greed club but, this is not a one off case. They are sending players from different clubs to one selected club to create Super teams that are unbeatable. How does this develop the rest of the game? I remember this happening at youth level many years ago and BARLA stepped in to stop the creation of super teams by ruling that players had to play within the boundaries of their own district leagues. What changed? I am not talking about a specific player by the way. We lost two this way last season and I see it happening regularly.

I've been banging on about this for over 10 years, it first came to my attention when we had kids parents being told at service areas that if they wanted their child to go further they need to be joining club X ,

"What changed"

The wisdom of the RFL dash for mini elite players to be under one roof within a district changed, as I've told in the past, the then CEO of Doncaster RLFC phoned me during a break he was having at a meeting with the RFL and the other pro clubs about juniors and directing the better players towards the one club within a district.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

1 hour ago, Celtic Rooster said:

Obviously they are not strictly enforced. I am involved with a club and although not directly involved with the youth teams (not aware of transfer rules these days) I keep the records for every team at the club and have done for 20 years. Many years ago we had a lad who lived in Salford but he was told to go and play for a club in Wigan, which was against the laws but, they got round it by saying he had gone to live with relatives in Wigan. The lad went on to play for Oldham and Rochdale amongst others. As I go through my records now I now, especially the last 2 or 3 years, I notice that a player who was scoring 3 tries per game isn't playing any more. When I enquire what happened to him I get told he was told to move to Oldham! If you are fishing for me to name players and teams involved you will be waiting for ever. I am well known in amateur RL circles and have good friends at all parties. I don't blame them - I blame the Super Greed clubs. I could not give a toss if you believe me or not? It's happening but, it's typical RL to bury heads in the and make like an Ostrich. Lets just say I dreamt it all up eh. I could not care less what anybody thinks. I just want to let people know that it is happening. Up to you if you want to believe it or not?

No dreams, the knock on for this stealth poaching had teams folding because it left them with a lack of numbers (We lost two teams who are now 21 and 23 year-olds)

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived