The changes have started

glemiln

Reece Hamlett

Position: Centre/Wing
Date of birth: 21/05/1999
Heritage number: 1082
Height: 175cm/5ft 9ins
Weight: 88kg/13st 12lbs
Previous club: Wigan Academy (Wigan St Judes ARLFC)
Representative honours: 
Wigan Debut: vs Wakefield Trinity (H) centre  two tries, lost 22-32, 29/5/17

Profile:

A young centre who made his First Team debut in May 2017 where he scored two tries against Wakefield at the DW Stadium

• Hometown player who joined Wigan’s Academy in 2015
  • Was handed a professional contract with the Club ahead of the 2018 season
  • A double Under-19s Academy Grand Final Winner after featuring in the 2017 Final against Castleford and in the 2018 Final vs Leeds, scoring a try in each
  • Scored 19 tries in 27 appearances throughout 2017 and 2018 for the Under-19s
  • Went on short loan deal to Championship side Toulouse Olympique in 2018

James Worthington

Position: Winger/Centre

Date of Birth: 26/04/2001

Birthplace: Rochdale 

Height (cm): 186 

Weight (kg): 93

Amateur Club: Leigh Minors 

Secondary School: Cardinal Langley RC High School

Honours: Playing for England Youth in 2017

Signed (for Wigan): 2015

A few hiccups with pasting the bl...y info!

11 hours ago, glemiln said:

Reece Hamlett

Position: Centre/Wing
Date of birth: 21/05/1999
Heritage number: 1082
Height: 175cm/5ft 9ins
Weight: 88kg/13st 12lbs
Previous club: Wigan Academy (Wigan St Judes ARLFC)
Representative honours: 
Wigan Debut: vs Wakefield Trinity (H) centre  two tries, lost 22-32, 29/5/17

Profile:

A young centre who made his First Team debut in May 2017 where he scored two tries against Wakefield at the DW Stadium

• Hometown player who joined Wigan’s Academy in 2015
  • Was handed a professional contract with the Club ahead of the 2018 season
  • A double Under-19s Academy Grand Final Winner after featuring in the 2017 Final against Castleford and in the 2018 Final vs Leeds, scoring a try in each
  • Scored 19 tries in 27 appearances throughout 2017 and 2018 for the Under-19s
  • Went on short loan deal to Championship side Toulouse Olympique in 2018

James Worthington

Position: Winger/Centre

Date of Birth: 26/04/2001

Birthplace: Rochdale 

Height (cm): 186 

Weight (kg): 93

Amateur Club: Leigh Minors 

Secondary School: Cardinal Langley RC High School

Honours: Playing for England Youth in 2017

Signed (for Wigan): 2015

A few hiccups with pasting the bl...y info!

You have got the stats totally the wrong way round on those 2 players. ?

Thanks RoryBel - I’m not surprised. The ‘pasting’ process from Wigan’s site at the time was tortuous - well, that’s my excuse!  Hopefully these lads can help give us a much needed lift and preferably upwards.  

I worry that these players will not be good enough for this league (i hope I'm wrong)  it's a big jump from conference to championship, I hope that they are undiscovered talents but it will take a long time to bed them in the squad and we don't have time with Swinton, Barrow and Dewsbury coming up.

It is nice to see rochdale players but i hope Matt Calland is picking good players who happen to be from rochdale rarther than players who come from rochdale who happen to be good. But maybe that is all we can afford. 

6 hours ago, The Lad said:

I worry that these players will not be good enough for this league (i hope I'm wrong)  it's a big jump from conference to championship, I hope that they are undiscovered talents but it will take a long time to bed them in the squad and we don't have time with Swinton, Barrow and Dewsbury coming up.

It is nice to see rochdale players but i hope Matt Calland is picking good players who happen to be from rochdale rarther than players who come from rochdale who happen to be good. But maybe that is all we can afford. 

Both Lewis Sheridan and Reece Hamlett have been at Academy Superleague clubs. With Lewis being at Saints when he was younger and Reece currently at Wigan. Lewis has also had several stints at Hornets previously. I'd like to think that they wouldn't be classed as 'lads that aren't good enough for this league'. 

Matt knows what he's doing, we need to have faith in it. I look forward to seeing who else he is bringing in, he sure has some great contacts. 

53 minutes ago, RoryBel said:

Both Lewis Sheridan and Reece Hamlett have been at Academy Superleague clubs. With Lewis being at Saints when he was younger and Reece currently at Wigan. Lewis has also had several stints at Hornets previously. I'd like to think that they wouldn't be classed as 'lads that aren't good enough for this league'. 

Matt knows what he's doing, we need to have faith in it. I look forward to seeing who else he is bringing in, he sure has some great contacts. 

Didn't you read the part where I said I hope I'm wrong, it just seems to me that getting players that have been here before and didn't exactly wow isn't the best idea.

And as far has having faith in Matt, how much faith the same as forster. When we start getting wins on the board that's when he's proven to 'know what he's doing'. I just don't see how everyone is suddenly so confident.

24 minutes ago, Excolt 1 said:

I will pay my money to see effort, you will definitely get that with any Calland /Hall teams. It may take a while before we are competing with the better semi pro sides. 

Agreed think it’s going to be small steps at first but as long as the effort is there 

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

york are down to the bare bones injury wise 

19 man squad, incl. loan signing Jordan Baldwinson from Wakefield now until end of season.  Must be a large stack of bones!  Our squad for today not known, publicly.

58 minutes ago, glemiln said:

19 man squad, incl. loan signing Jordan Baldwinson from Wakefield now until end of season.  Must be a large stack of bones!  Our squad for today not known, publicly.

Baldwinson is not on loan, he signed on permanent  last week.

1 hour ago, glemiln said:

Well we have a squad of about 27 plus loanees. I would say any more injuries today and we won’t have a full compliment next week

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

10 hours ago, The Lad said:

Didn't you read the part where I said I hope I'm wrong, it just seems to me that getting players that have been here before and didn't exactly wow isn't the best idea.

And as far has having faith in Matt, how much faith the same as forster. When we start getting wins on the board that's when he's proven to 'know what he's doing'. I just don't see how everyone is suddenly so confident.

You seem very negative ?  I don't think it's a case of everyone being confident. It is a case of realising he is the only one presently that can ensure a positive change is made. Stop being so defensive. 

I thought the team played superb today. Best they played as a 'team' all season.  

6 hours ago, RoryBel said:

You seem very negative ?  I don't think it's a case of everyone being confident. It is a case of realising he is the only one presently that can ensure a positive change is made. Stop being so defensive. 

I thought the team played superb today. Best they played as a 'team' all season.  

I'm a realist we have a limited window in which we  turn things around, we have big games coming up after the summer bash and it is important that we win those games.

He's been in the job two weeks and people think he's going to have turned it around already, I'm sorry but rugby don't work like that. I get the feeling that people think he's superman swooping in and saving us, it's going to take a lot of work to sort out hornets. Again i hope he can do it but having some questions about his choices means I am negative?.

In relation to today I thought we played the best 40 minutes we have all season in that second half really fronted up and took it to them and our in field kicking has greatly improved. But we were out musled in the first half, there was a lot of one man rugby and had 5 good chances over the course of the game were we where camped on their line and got nothing. Overall we played well but we need to convert the chances we make as we could and probably should have won. To over critical?.

9 hours ago, The Lad said:

I'm a realist we have a limited window in which we  turn things around, we have big games coming up after the summer bash and it is important that we win those games.

He's been in the job two weeks and people think he's going to have turned it around already, I'm sorry but rugby don't work like that. I get the feeling that people think he's superman swooping in and saving us, it's going to take a lot of work to sort out hornets. Again i hope he can do it but having some questions about his choices means I am negative?.

In relation to today I thought we played the best 40 minutes we have all season in that second half really fronted up and took it to them and our in field kicking has greatly improved. But we were out musled in the first half, there was a lot of one man rugby and had 5 good chances over the course of the game were we where camped on their line and got nothing. Overall we played well but we need to convert the chances we make as we could and probably should have won. To over critical?.

Exactly right.

if forster was still in job and we lost that, we’d be slating him again saying it should of been won. At least for Matt it was only his second game so let’s hope can turn these “improvements” to wins sooner rather than later but it’s gotta happen this weekend simple as that

On 13 May 2019 at 10:06, RLfan99 said:

Exactly right.

if forster was still in job and we lost that, we’d be slating him again saying it should of been won. At least for Matt it was only his second game so let’s hope can turn these “improvements” to wins sooner rather than later but it’s gotta happen this weekend simple as that

You couldn't compare that second half performance with any of the previous performances I've seen this season.

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You couldn't compare that second half performance with any of the previous performances I've seen this season.

To be quite honest second half you looked a well drilled side who tried to play attractive rugby , keep that up you should beat swinton at the bash .

Archived