Beer

Stirlin

We should get together with City to ensure there are some decent Keg beer to enjoy at the new stadium , we already have Knights ale but we should steer away from awfull J.Smiths and the J.Smiths of this generation....Doom Bar. 2 breweries in York plus Turning Point , Bad Seed , Brass Castle , Roosters on the doorstep and a few others as I am sure you will remind me of , maybe employ Ben our current part time sponsor go between to sound out said brewers for some Knights/City ale.....or just a York ale. Nothing worse than drinking insipid rubbish when you are celebrating your teams win or having a crack with opponents supporters when you lose. Not forgetting Lager, tons of stuff out there that is far better than the normal fare , community stadium that will be used for concerts etc that would demand a better choice so let's get in on the ground floor and ensure that ALL users of the new stadium have some decent quoff.

32 minutes ago, paul said:

Would rather drink Lager than Smith's.Maybe issacpoad could do a York City beer ?like the Knights ale and sponsor both teams for next season

Better a York city beer came from Brew York or York Brewery .

Five Lions Ale/Lager ?.

The chap behind the very excellent local made ainsty ales (well worth checkng out if u come across it!) is a YCFC fan and i know hes had talks with the football club about workng with them, so there is hope!

I suspect it will be keg. It keeps longer - real ale starts to deteriorate after 4-5 days. I loathe John Smiths - tasteless, metallic mass produced rubbish.?It’s owned by Heineken UK and has been the highest selling bitter in the UK since the mid 90s. Much of that is smooth flow and Heineken has pretty much cornered the market due to its ability to last once its tapped. They also own Strongbow cider and Heineken lager too. ?? You find it everywhere.

I know Tadcaster is only a dozen miles down the road but this is YORK community stadium not the Heineken UK stadium.

Brew York do some lovely keg beers and they would be my first choice. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

A person who has a brewery pump clip for his logo has to be taken seriously. I’d love it to be a local York brewery. Brew York has its brewery in the city walls and has recently expanded so suspect meeting demand would not be a problem. They, too, would be my vote, but Isaac Poad appeals too given their sponsorship of the Knights. I don’t know if they do keg, as I’ve only ever seen cask. Same with York brewery. Only ever seen cask.

John Smith’s smooth, Deano. An old man’s drink.? We need to future proof the stadium. A lot of the kids attending our matches now may be drinkers themselves in 10 or so years time. I would be very surprised if they will want to drink smooth. ?

18 minutes ago, Fenton Knight said:

John Smith’s smooth, Deano. An old man’s drink.? We need to future proof the stadium. A lot of the kids attending our matches now may be drinkers themselves in 10 or so years time. I would be very surprised if they will want to drink smooth. ?

Nowt wrong with being old David.

45 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Think they should cater for the majority and not the odd individual who likes real ale?

True, but times they are a changing. Craft beer is becoming more popular by the day. Choice for all I say.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

45 minutes ago, Fenton Knight said:

A person who has a brewery pump clip for his logo has to be taken seriously. I’d love it to be a local York brewery. Brew York has its brewery in the city walls and has recently expanded so suspect meeting demand would not be a problem. They, too, would be my vote, but Isaac Poad appeals too given their sponsorship of the Knights. I don’t know if they do keg, as I’ve only ever seen cask. Same with York brewery. Only ever seen cask.

York Brewery is now owned by Black Sheep.

4 hours ago, Fenton Knight said:

They won’t know what their missing 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

On 10/05/2019 at 19:40, Stirlin said:

We should get together with City to ensure there are some decent Keg beer to enjoy at the new stadium , we already have Knights ale but we should steer away from awfull J.Smiths and the J.Smiths of this generation....Doom Bar. 2 breweries in York plus Turning Point , Bad Seed , Brass Castle , Roosters on the doorstep and a few others as I am sure you will remind me of , maybe employ Ben our current part time sponsor go between to sound out said brewers for some Knights/City ale.....or just a York ale. Nothing worse than drinking insipid rubbish when you are celebrating your teams win or having a crack with opponents supporters when you lose. Not forgetting Lager, tons of stuff out there that is far better than the normal fare , community stadium that will be used for concerts etc that would demand a better choice so let's get in on the ground floor and ensure that ALL users of the new stadium have some decent quoff.

Cask. ??

Archived