Sheffield summer bash

Barroooww

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who are the local players that could go from playing amateur to top flight championship rugby? People forget that although we are in a better position financially than last year our budget is a fraction of other clubs. We aren't that far from getting a win and if we can just hang in there this year, next year there is no duel reg and we can compete on a more level playing field. C'mon Cresta!

Cresta is not to blame all the time, it's certain individuals that let him and the side down and are not good enough to play at this level! I.e Spedding! He can't tackle he runs with the ball n stops! he's done nothing since signing, very poor and time to release! 

2 hours ago, BarraFan said:

Cresta is not to blame all the time, it's certain individuals that let him and the side down and are not good enough to play at this level! I.e Spedding! He can't tackle he runs with the ball n stops! he's done nothing since signing, very poor and time to release! 

He still consistently picks the likes of spedding charnock and Riley who are all dreadful

As a Swinton fan reading posts on your page, Batley, Dewsbury, Rochdale I think all our clubs have the same problem - small budgets and therefore cannot sign the "quality" players needed - so in Swinton's case we have and continue to rely on DR for certain key positions - which is far from ideal. Members of the squad then go out on loan as they cannot get into the team. I see the DR players in the team whether they  merit it or not, which cannot be right.

We gambled on signing some older players this season - due to their availability and cost ( I imagine) and that hasn't worked out due to injuries, the younger players don't get selected when the DR players are available.

I cannot see an end to the constant struggle to stay in the division - but York seem to have a business model that works and you get decent crowds - so maybe it can be done...……...

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:24, Michael Ashton said:

Sorry olray I shouldn't have used the word strange. My points were in the remainder of my message. If Cresta is replaced by the directors what direction would they go in with limited funds. Golding & Schofield were big names but did not bring the results that we crave for. Don't forget last time we were in equivalent of Championship I think we won only one game all season.

last season we were in the championship and won more than one game.

Archived