Sheffield summer bash

Barroooww

Barrow had a go today,but in the halfs an hookers there is no sharpness.passing slow and no real threat when they run,need more pace in these positions. Need a Campbell or Finch type player who wants to take the line on and back up.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shape is poor. 

No creativity in the half’s. 

The pack is good enough but no good being a one out team.

Time for a change it think. I don’t think the club should be happy spending all this money on playing staff and not getting best out of them on the field. 

42 minutes ago, olray said:

Some one needs to be made accountable for the poor rugby and league position we are in . The rugby side of things down at the club along with team selection etc is a total joke  

Your right it is a joke. Just don’t want us to get relegated. We are into a losing habit and it’s not going to change unless we have a change. 

Reading Facebook I see fans are getting slated for wanting a change. The same few every week are blinkered in defending our s###e rugby. Cresta comes out and says the same thing every week. I watched Powell come out and slate the Castleford players after their loss to Hull and he got a reaction out of them vs Leeds maybe we need some of this 

I just dont think changing the coach is the answer.

Id put Cressy in, Brett Carter in. Look at getting maybe 2 new half backs in. Throwing the young half backs in isnt the answer at the moment. The pack more than held its own yesterday. Star needs his hands on the ball more. 

Only my opinion of course. I still believe Cresta is the best man for the job

4 minutes ago, beachy01 said:

I just dont think changing the coach is the answer.

Id put Cressy in, Brett Carter in. Look at getting maybe 2 new half backs in. Throwing the young half backs in isnt the answer at the moment. The pack more than held its own yesterday. Star needs his hands on the ball more. 

Only my opinion of course. I still believe Cresta is the best man for the job

I watched your game on sky and you have a good solid pack but need more inventiveness and creativity in attack , Amean and Ritson look very dangerous but need more of the ball and openings created for them 

All this talk about the coach is very strange. In the last 15 years ish we have struggled. Probably since Cameron Bell's period. We have had Peter Roe, Dave Clark, Darren Holt, Bobby Golding. Gary Schofield. (All these are from memory and there are one or two others). We are on a very limited budget and always have been. Paul Crarey has a good reputation as a coach and is Barrow through and through. If he is to be replaced who would replace him and what would the cost be. Possibly DR might have been the answer but it's too late now.

Totally agree that cresta has been brilliant for the club but if someone would disagree with me and say with the group of players at his disposal we are 100% underachieving? The club has spent money this year on players. 

Something needs to change. There is no creativity in the back line at all. The forwards are doing their job as everyone could see yesterday. 

changing the coach wont suddenly make the halfbacks become creative but changing the halves to players who already have the skills to implement the coaches game plan and add intuitive plays off their own back when opportunities arise will change our fortunes.  of course finding and affording them is the big problem

Just been reading Cresta’s comments on the game the man is deluded. The board need to come out and give some sort of statement as they must know the unrest amongst the supporters. 1 win in 14 . 

2 hours ago, Michael Ashton said:

All this talk about the coach is very strange. In the last 15 years ish we have struggled. Probably since Cameron Bell's period. We have had Peter Roe, Dave Clark, Darren Holt, Bobby Golding. Gary Schofield. (All these are from memory and there are one or two others). We are on a very limited budget and always have been. Paul Crarey has a good reputation as a coach and is Barrow through and through. If he is to be replaced who would replace him and what would the cost be. Possibly DR might have been the answer but it's too late now.

Why is it strange ? He’s not doing his job Barrow through & through or not . He’s out of his depth 

Sorry olray I shouldn't have used the word strange. My points were in the remainder of my message. If Cresta is replaced by the directors what direction would they go in with limited funds. Golding & Schofield were big names but did not bring the results that we crave for. Don't forget last time we were in equivalent of Championship I think we won only one game all season.

The old saying " As strong as the weakest link" In our case as far as I can see and many others is the lack of a 6,7 combination.

Its no good having forwards who can get you up the park then have no creativity on getting over the line.

The only set play I seem to see week in week out is kicking wide to Stack, which does work well,  but we need a lot more.

Who's to blame? I don't know enough of the structure behind the scenes to comment.

Watching the game as a neutral Sunday it seemed like your forwards went well and made ground and got field position but your half backs created nothing as they didn't have the zip to take the line on that Sheffield had in Thackery and neither Barrow winger looked like a natural winger as they didn't know how to finish the chances that presented themselves

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

3 hours ago, gillmeister said:

Watching the game as a neutral Sunday it seemed like your forwards went well and made ground and got field position but your half backs created nothing as they didn't have the zip to take the line on that Sheffield had in Thackery and neither Barrow winger looked like a natural winger as they didn't know how to finish the chances that presented themselves

I think that sums it up .

Who'd be a coach? Keighley have parted company with Craig Lingard, ignore the 12 points deducted and they'd be third. So win, lose or draw they're not safe. 

I'm looking fwd to Sundays game at CP, have to go I've got a Season Ticket, the £15 of diesel is an incidental expense. 

David Taylor

@750VFR

Not sure of who we go for as new coach - David Furner's free or we could go for the more experienced Gary Schofield or Bobby Goulding.

Seriously Shaun Wane is a good coach who's out of a job but even if we could entice him to Barrow would he put creativity in our half backs.

Shipbuilider01.png

Archived