2019 season

Watched a few games, that have had only 1 official. At this level it’s embarrassing to the sport not to have Touch Judges, games could be won or lost on those calls which will be missed.

Its a joke SL games using 7 officials when not televised, you surely don’t need a replacement Ref and TJ, one could cover both.

HW

I thought Hunslet would have been stronger they have started but there is a long way to go yet

i saw Thornhill play Skirlaugh twice last year, they were a good side and i thought they’d have done better than they have started 

locally to me I also thought Beverley would be stronger 

My club must be unlucky. We had had two "so called" touch judges at every game we have played so far this season. They might as well stand behind the barrier with us for what use they are. I suppose its pocket money for them?

I love watching NCL games, and have done since 1986, especially when they are evenly matched, no matter what division, but have not seen enough games outside division 3 yet to make a judgement on the standard.

On 12/05/2019 at 16:30, Davo5 said:

The NCL Premier is wide open this season,but like the previous poster disappointing to see the lack of linesmen at the games in Cumbria,is this also happening in Yorkshire & Lancashire?

Never seen this. There were two touch judges at the Stanningley-Saddleworth game last Friday evening.

7 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Never seen this. There were two touch judges at the Stanningley-Saddleworth game last Friday evening.

On 14/05/2019 at 14:29, Celtic Rooster said:

My club must be unlucky. We had had two "so called" touch judges at every game we have played so far this season. They might as well stand behind the barrier with us for what use they are. I suppose its pocket money for them?

I love watching NCL games, and have done since 1986, especially when they are evenly matched, no matter what division, but have not seen enough games outside division 3 yet to make a judgement on the standard.

Roosters didn’t have any touch judges at Hensingham and Gateshead, and I think there was only one (but not sure) at Millom.  One of the home games only saw one TJ too.  Perhaps the system should get a big shake up and TJs should be told that if they continually refuse to travel to any areas their advancement may be affected.  Some of these TJs turn down Cumbria and then turn up in the NWML as a referee - where they get paid more.  

It really doesn’t sit well when you pay between £600-700 for a team to travel to some opponents, only to learn when you get there that the referee is on his own!

Some do refuse to travel I agree but in the main they are often taken off games to referee games in other leagues, without that happening those games would have no refs.

After seeing the appointments sent out this week the majority of games do not have TJs this week as it is the Leeds butlins weekend so a lot of guys who would TJ  got there to referee

Because of referee abuse over the yrs this is why there is not enough referees to go around , Granted the NCL is the top of amateur rugby league , surely local leagues should not suffer having no referee because TJs are needed . Surely if no TJs why can’t teams have nominated TJs ? In case this happens again 

I see good referees and bad referees but I don't believe any are biased. I always try to make a point of talking to referees after games, unless they have been particularly bad, and then I avoid them. I never abuse them. As for touch judges - I would rather not have them personally.

A depleted Thornhill suffered a heavy defeat yesterday which allowed Wath Brow to top the table on points difference from West Hull who have a game in hand and are still unbeaten.

And we finally had 2 linesmen !

image.jpeg

On 26/05/2019 at 18:14, Cumbria1 said:

Good win for the Brow And West Hull looked like the ground out another win. Hope Kells stay up great having 3 Cumbrian teams in NCL premier 

Great set of lads at Kells and not just the players, we always have been looked after and made welcome, would love it if they could stay up. 

42 minutes ago, Rammo23 said:

Great set of lads at Kells and not just the players, we always have been looked after and made welcome, would love it if they could stay up. 

Must win game this weekend at home to Thornhill 

Dewsbury Moor with the result of the day! 

Looks as though Rochdale are struggling without Matt Calland, I know they have had a few players turn pro over the last couple of years due to their on field prowess 

Archived