Challenge Cup Quarter Final draw (Merged Threads)

Hudds/Saints v Wakefield

Bradford v Halifax

Hull KR v Warrington

Hull FC v Catalans

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Huddersfield/St Helens v Wakefield
Bradford Bulls v Halifax
Hull KR v Warrington
Hull FC v Catalans

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Can we merge this with the other thread quickly, to avoid confusion, please?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Huddersfield/St Helens v Wakefield
Bradford Bulls v Halifax
Hull KR v Warrington
Hull FC v Catalans

None of them seem box office, but could all be compelling.

Just now, Dave T said:

From a atmosphere and crowd point of view I think Bradford Bulls v Halifax and Hull KR v Warrington would be best for the TV BBC ties.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Well, we all watched the financial crisis v the existential crisis from Odsal yesterday, and it was thrilling.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Couldn't have gone any better for the Bulls there!

Nearly as good for Halifax, too. Both will fancy their chances of a trip to Bolton.

I'll take Catalans at home. Will be a hard fixture, and they may even be favourites after last time we met (and being cup holders). Current cup holders vs previous cup holders. Should be a cracker. Just glad we avoided Saints and Wire.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Lots of good-natured cheering from the attendant Warrington fans for each mention of Bradford. It has caught the neutrals' imagination as a feel-good story.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• John Drake changed the title to Challenge Cup Quarter Final draw (Merged Threads)
9 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Aye! ?

Celebratory hangover worn off, then?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Lots of good-natured cheering from the attendant Warrington fans for each mention of Bradford. It has caught the neutrals' imagination as a feel-good story.

Or they were cheering because they wanted Bradford in the draw. As happens at every draw when the perceived “worst” team gets pulled out. 

12 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Or they were cheering because they wanted Bradford in the draw. As happens at every draw when the perceived “worst” team gets pulled out. 

Er, no.  Just Saints - and we know how that finished.

Interesting draw. Bradford and Halifax is little between the two sides. However Bradford should be favourites especially at home etc.

Hull and Catalans could go either way. Catalans not too solid away from home. Hull can be Hot and cold too. Difficult to call.

Wire away at Hull KR should still see Wire through, but it could be closer than many think. Depends which Robins team turns up!

Would think St.Helens too strong for both Giants and Wakey. 

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Couldn't have gone any better for the Bulls there!

Nearly as good for Halifax, too. Both will fancy their chances of a trip to Bolton.

I'll take Catalans at home. Will be a hard fixture, and they may even be favourites after last time we met (and being cup holders). Current cup holders vs previous cup holders. Should be a cracker. Just glad we avoided Saints and Wire.

As omens go it couldn't be better for Hull. Knocked the Dragons out at home in both 2016 and 2017.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I fancy Halifax to burst the Bull's bubble.

Hull were very impressive against Cas but Catalans will surely present a better challenge. Can't pick a winner here.

Rovers v Warrington it's hard to look past Wire but if some of Rovers missing pack become available it will be a very good contest.

Hudds/Sts v Wakey. I suppose you'd have to favour Saints to be part of the fixture and to then progress to the semis.

Looks like it’s Hull’s Cup to lose this year ?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Archived