Great effort

glemiln

An 18-24 loss but, following from afar, the (revised) team effort today augurs well for a better future. In fact we won the second half battle and came very close to securing at least a point.  Good crowd too it seems.  Another well contested game at Blackpool to come and hopefully a win.  Well done to all concerned.  Why the delayed kick-off?

First time I’ve attended for a while, pleasantly surprised with the effort in 2nd half, unlucky not to squeeze a draw but some poor plays and stupid mistakes put paid to that

A better side would have had us out of sight to be honest, but I can’t fault the effort it was a real positive. Great to see Lewis playing again surprised the influence he had on us to be honest as it was him taking us around the park and putting a few kicks in after only a week back with us, not sure what that says about us and current leadership group. Scott Moore surprisingly quiet.

A couple of big mobile forwards wouldn’t go amiss, but all in all a good effort to make a game of it

im sure Matt’s influence will continue to improve us over the coming weeks, still a fair way to go but that would give the lads some confidence 

28 minutes ago, RayH said:

Two points dropped against a weakened York side

Good performance best all season and with a different refs decision would have drawn 

hope Foz does well at worky or wherever he signs as a player 

Best 40 minutes of rugby I have seen all season in that second half, good tackling and our kicking is improving. Ben Moores had a really good game and Brandon Wood deserved to be man of the match but we did squander some good chances when we where on there line. If we play like we did today at the summer bash I think we will come away with the win.

We were 200% better on Sunday than previously. Second half especially, once we got to know each other, we started to look like a team again. On another day we could have got a hand to that loose ball in the in goal area late on and got a draw out of the game.

You could see a team shape emerging and a pattern of play taking shape. It's early days yet but I was encouraged with what I saw. The lads looked to have pride in the shirt again and that's all we ask.

Archived