Toronto Wolfpack: Marketing Genius

Well Toronto and the Wolfpack have done it again!!!!!  Great vision here accessing a multi-billion dollar market and leading the way internationally.  This could turn into a huge money maker with some of the profits going towards player development.   When are some of the other clubs going to get inventive and start generating the big bucks like Toronto?

TORONTO, Ontario, May 12, 2019- Toronto Wolfpack RLFC (“Toronto Wolfpack”) is set to become the first professional sporting team to enter the thriving CBD-infused products marketplace. Toronto Wolfpack and its 100% owned subsidiary HowlBrands Inc. have entered into a definitive agreement with ICC International Cannabis Corp. (CSE: WRLD.U)(FWB:8K51)(OTC: WLDCF) and Organic Flower Investments Group Inc. (CSE: SOW)(FWB:2K6)(OTC: QILFF) to launch a suite of athlete-focused cannabidiol products to market. 

Toronto Wolfpack and HowlBrands plan to release their inaugural CBD-infused topical cream, ‘Rugby Strength’, in the coming months. Rugby Strength is custom-formulated to combat acute aches and pains and absorbs quickly to deliver strong and deep-seated relief. It is made with full-spectrum CBD extract from 100% organically grown hemp and blend of natural ingredients, containing zero THC and therefore has no psychoactive effects. 
This new venture sees the Wolfpack stepping into the CBD market that has been estimated to reach US$22 billion by 2022, while looking to modernise the way not just athletes but everyone deals with pain. 

HowlBrands
HowlBrands is a branding and product development company at the nexus of sports and wellness with a special focus on CBD. David Argyle, Chairman of the Toronto Wolfpack spoke regarding the unprecedented venture:

“HowlBrands aims to interact with consumers within, across and beyond rugby and sports. In the same way that one does not have to be an athlete or play sports to wear Nike shoes, one does not have to be an athlete or play sports to use Rugby Strength or other HowlBrands products. Anyone who experiences pain, soreness or physical discomfort can use Rugby Strength.” 

Eva Allouche, Head of Global Brands for HowlBrands, discussed the goal of the partner-ship:

“Our goal is to bridge the gap between professional sports and CBD to offer athletes, active people and anyone who experiences physical discomfort, a range of unique wellness products that deliver the indisputable therapeutic benefits of hemp-based CBD. Howl-Brands is about more than offering a pain solution for athletes and active people, it is about deepening the meaning of wellness through brands that open up the discourse around holistic approaches to taking proper care of ourselves. HowlBrands is about enriching the lives of people.”

Go-To-Market Strategy
HowlBrands launch strategy will be executed online in the US and UK and will leverage an expansive distribution network of 80,000 retail outlets and pharmacies as well as GMP certified facilities.
International Cannabis and Organic Flower are critical to a worldwide distribution plan that will see several CBD-infused product lines becoming available through HowlBrands. This includes topical creams, therapeutic relief balms, sport pain tinctures, soaks and roll-ons, all uniquely engineered to be fast-absorbing and deeply penetrating.
In line with the core values of the Toronto Wolfpack, a portion of the proceeds from Rugby Strength will be reinvested into the development of rugby around the world.

Manufacturing
All HowlBrands products, including Rugby Strength, are developed and formulated by a team of medical professionals and natural health experts and are manufactured with THC-free, CBD extract from organically grown hemp. Our manufacturing partners comply with the industry’s highest standards and provide full, batch-specific documentation. All results are corroborated by rigorous third-party testing and all our products come with THC-free, non-GMO, gluten free, vegan and organic accreditation. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Copa said:

Looks good.

Does the product work?

Does athlete drug testing only test for the THC in marijuana products?

1 hour ago, ojx said:

Sounds like snake oil to me. But if they can make some cash, good luck to them.

1 hour ago, Barry Badrinath said:

No, cbd oil

Can't make the stuff quick enough over here since they legalized it...flying out of the pharmacies...big shortage...people swear by it, especially those with arthritis.  people say it takes the long term ache right away.

Sheesh, CBD cannabis oil is not snake oil & for a vast number of consumers it is a life saver. Not everyone is being bent over anymore by the big pharma. 

Well done Wolfpack for introducing a viable product branded for athletes as well as for the general health market,

Are the Wolfpack trying to entice Zak Hardaker to sign for them?

No sports team should be entering into a partnership with manufacturers of recreational drugs. This is an absolutely terrible look. I hope that UK Anti Doping take note of this and target the Wolfpack players for extra testing when they are in the UK. I like the Wolfpack but this partnership sends out completely the wrong message.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

2 minutes ago, flyingking said:

No sports team should be entering into a partnership with manufacturers of recreational drugs. This is an absolutely terrible look. I hope that UK Anti Doping take note of this and target the Wolfpack players for extra testing when they are in the UK. I like the Wolfpack but this partnership sends out completely the wrong message.

Totally Wicked Stadium is far worse.

not a recreational drug. Do some reading instead of this village mentality. What about the needles players get during games where they suddenly come back on like Latrell Mitchell in Brisbane yesterday. He could hardly walk and then hey presto he's back on! If you wanna talk about drugs talk about those!

Stop talking sense Copa. How many die on our roads or domestic, public violence induced by alcohol for example? Haven't heard one person dying from cannabis. It is really criminal how the governments & their big pharma buddies have demonised cannabis. Even conservative USA are waking up & legalising it. Shows why RL is looking to the North American market given how backward the UK has remained.

2 minutes ago, Heritage XIII said:

not a recreational drug. Do some reading instead of this village mentality. What about the needles players get during games where they suddenly come back on like Latrell Mitchell in Brisbane yesterday. He could hardly walk and then hey presto he's back on! If you wanna talk about drugs talk about those!

They don't get it...they don't understand.   There is a huge market for this product....shows just how leading edge and right to the minute thinking/marketing can do.  I think the Wolfpack just might make a fortune off of this stuff....people swear by it.

11 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I’ve got no problem with Toronto selling CBD oil. It’s not marijuana, it’s trendy, harmless snake oil.

If they can make money out of it, great. More fool the buyers of the stuff.

We will soon be getting interest from Rimmer and the RFL to buy a large lot and send samples to the other clubs for the players to use.

Leigh have requested a double order...one for the Club...one for Beaumont.

10 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Will this help Toronto not bottle it in games that matter? ?

Yes...plus it will give us extra cash to bring in the best players from Australia etc.  We are making so much money over here we don't even know what to do with it all, no one is even counting it anymore..  Maybe we will pay extra and bring in more guys from the NRL.

I think it is also time to get rid of the salary cap.

For the benefit of all the naysayers here, a local friend of a friend who is a retired firefighter has suffered from severe neck and head pain ever since hitting his head while carrying someone to safety down the stairs of a burning house.  He has since suffered from chronic pain and he can get relief from only one source, cannabis.  The Wolfpack deserve nothing but commendation for this initiative.

3 hours ago, flyingking said:

According to what I understand, this is a comes from a non intoxicating compound found in cannabis that it doesn't get a person high. To me the problem is the headlines that will follow. As I can see, this isn't like recreational cannabis, it doesn't have the intoxicating effect.

OK, so ICC International Cannabis make products for medicinal, industrial and recreational use. The last of the three isn't legal in many countries and has a negative image. It seems the WP is in involving itself in the first area. Does that send out the wrong message?

I have spoken to parents who have had their adolescents start using cannabis and seen first hand young adults taking it up and I don't agree with the recreational use one bit. However, this venture is well away from that and the product concerned isn't anything to do with recreational cannabis or getting high.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Just now, SL17 said:

Aye, it must have a intoxicating effect or you wouldn't bother with it.

Lets gets real.

If it has any healing properties without getting someone high, people will use it. 

Just now, SL17 said:

Healing? Do you mean relaxing!

"CBD aka cannabidiol is a non-intoxicating compound found in cannabis, meaning it doesn't get a person high".

That's what they claim.

I presume healing means it helps in the healing process of an injury.

38 minutes ago, SL17 said:

You mean it takes the pain away, or actually rectifies the issue?

I did some basic checking and came up with what I've stated, focusing on the aspect of whether it had intoxicating effects .

I also said "If it has any healing properties"...

My using the term "if" when describing healing properties clearly shows your questioning me for more detail is misdirected. If you want more detail on how effective it is regarding its healing properties you should write to them directly for more information.

32 minutes ago, SL17 said:

If it had "healing properties" it would be classed a medicinal drug. Its a relaxent not a cure.

David Argyle said "for recovery and inflammatory pain management CBD products are very, very effective”. 

If it helps with recovery, I assume that would some under the broad description of healing properties, be that through relaxing or in other ways. One definition of heal is "to treat (a wound, etc.) by assisting in its natural repair". 

Perhaps they will be somewhat vague about what it can do because the article went on to say:

"It’s not legal to make health claims about weed products ...even on the medical side, clinical evidence is needed to make health claims." 

So rather than getting bogged down in what its likely benefits will be, we need to wait until clinical evidence is produced. As I said earlier, my interest was primarily on another angle anyway. 

Archived