Leeds try to sign Danny McGuire

1 minute ago, The Daddy said:

What's Jamie Peacock doing these days? 

You reckon he can play in the halves? 

Actually, given that the alternatives are Sutcliffe, Myler or Lolohea, it's not a bad shout.

23 minutes ago, RayCee said:

Desperate times demand desperate measures. Why did they ever let him go?

Spent most of 2016 injured and had a poor start to 2017 but came good in the second half of the season. In hindsight though he’s still a lot better than what we’ve got atm. I remember him being interviewed when he announced he was leaving saying “it’s time for the Jordan Lilleys to step up”...

Theres a guy at Toulouse whose the best passer of a ball ive seen since Wally Lewis and a stand off ....how Leeds or anyone else in SL haven't signed him ill never know ! I aint gonna say his name but you should all know !

10 minutes ago, The King Of Leon said:

Theres a guy at Toulouse whose the best passer of a ball ive seen since Wally Lewis and a stand off ....how Leeds or anyone else in SL haven't signed him ill never know ! I aint gonna say his name but you should all know !

I’d be astonished if Ford is a Toulouse player next season, assuming they don’t get promoted. Him and Mark Kheirallah would be great signings for pretty much every side in Super League. 

1 hour ago, MZH said:

500k for Connor rejected. 40k for McGuire rejected. I wonder who they will go for next? 

Could probably get Schofield for 10 pints of Tetleys and a bag of pork scratchings

1 hour ago, Mr Plow said:

Hull KR reject a 40K bid apparently 

I've seen some s##t on this forum but that takes the biscuit.

To be fair I can understand this to an extent. We are totally devoid of leadership on the park. Myler has been the most vocal player in the team yet can't do it all himself. As JP said on Saturday you need leaders all around the park and we just don't have that.

7 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

I’d be astonished if Ford is a Toulouse player next season, assuming they don’t get promoted. Him and Mark Kheirallah would be great signings for pretty much every side in Super League. 

Ford’s going to be 30 when the 2020 season kicks-off. I’d be shocked to see him in Super League anywhere else but at Toulouse. 

9 hours ago, The King Of Leon said:

Watch him when the going gets tough, he is absent albeit still on the field. 

9 hours ago, The King Of Leon said:

Ford is exciting to watch and has a lot of natural ability, but he also takes a lot of bad options and has a tendency to go missing. Too erratic to be a good SL player.

Also, best passer since Wally Lewis? Really?

If he was half as good as you say, a SL would indeed have snapped him up by now, but he isn't. Very entertaining player that I enjoy watching, but not the man for this job.

Archived