Match Thread: Featherstone Rovers v York City Knights, Summer Bash, Saturday 18th May 2019

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/05/2019 at 12:25, andyacko said:

Any Fev fans not making the trip - full match commentary on BBC Radio York 666 or 1260am or online on the bbc.co.uk/rugbyleague threads - on air from 5.30pm. Not sure what our WYS colleagues are doing coverage-wise - don't wanna poach their listeners ?

Nothing compares to the RoversTV commentators.

11 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Whoever misses out can feel a bit unlucky.

For me, Render to miss out, unless Goulding plays for Leeds tonight and one of the forwards, as to which one I wouldn't like to say, although at a push I would say Ormondroyd.

I'd think it will be Maskill - King routinely plays such big minutes that it's a bit of a luxury having another 9 on the bench (acknowledging he can play elsewhere at a pinch), and Maskill played for the reserves last night.

11 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I'd think it will be Maskill - King routinely plays such big minutes that it's a bit of a luxury having another 9 on the bench (acknowledging he can play elsewhere at a pinch), and Maskill played for the reserves last night.

Ooops, need my eyes testing, didn't see Maskill's name down! Yes Maskill to miss out for me too.

23 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Interesting that York have made a couple of late loan signings prior to their game against us, one of them is Tyler Dupree who scored for us in the Championship Shield Final last season.

Signed three players on loan. Harry Aldous, Tyler Dupree and Liam Harris

Ford sounding bullish:
"My concern a couple of weeks ago was whether we'd have 17 players," he reasoned. "Now there's more than 17 with good players hopefully coming back soon.

I've been really pleased with our preparation. There's clarity in what we're doing. The vibe I'm picking up from the boys is a pleasing one. We're looking forward to the game."

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityknights/17647763.team-news-whos-in-and-out-for-york-city-knights-and-featherstone-rovers-summer-bash-clash/

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ford sounding bullish:
"My concern a couple of weeks ago was whether we'd have 17 players," he reasoned. "Now there's more than 17 with good players hopefully coming back soon.

I've been really pleased with our preparation. There's clarity in what we're doing. The vibe I'm picking up from the boys is a pleasing one. We're looking forward to the game."

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityknights/17647763.team-news-whos-in-and-out-for-york-city-knights-and-featherstone-rovers-summer-bash-clash/

He's not going to say we have no chance is he?.

17 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

He's not going to say we have no chance is he?.

Except 5 days ago after the Rochdale game he was saying pretty much that!

I get the coachspeak angle - when Jon Sharp was our coach he had a habit of making the bottom team in the league sound like the Sydney Roosters if they were our next opponent - but Ford's mood does seem to have changed appreciably in the last few days with the returning/added players to the squad.

It's true that trainers won't say they have no chance ("it's all about us and how we perform" is about as close as they get) but equally they don't have to enthuse publicly about how well they have been training, I don't think I have ever seen a coach say his team have trained poorly that week.

I still think we'll put our Blackpool losing run to bed this weekend though.

9 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Cant see us beating you but bringing in 3 players help when your down to 16 helps, we are having a far better season than any of us expected, just hope we can give you a game this time and maybe just maybe do a Fax on you. lol

the way we've played in the past that wouldn't be hard but all joking apart  FEV's seventeen on saturday is head and shoulders better than the seventeen who played easter 

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ford sounding bullish:

Think it's more "relief" that we can put out a team due to the loans as we were down to the bare bones. 

6 minutes ago, Shadow45 said:

Think it's more "relief" that we can put out a team due to the loans as we were down to the bare bones. 

And you should be rightly proud where you are given that you have been promoted into a tough league. Should be a good game.

34 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

And you should be rightly proud where you are given that you have been promoted into a tough league. Should be a good game.

Agree, York have brought plenty to the division so far. Always impressed by a team where the whole seems greater than the sum of the parts, which appears to be very much the case with York.

Archived