Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

Samsung Galaxy S6 issues.

Hi folks, 

My Samsung S6 has suddenly decided not to recognise some of my contacts and also my hotmail account has disappeared from the email listings. It may, of course, be something that I've done but it's never happened before so I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm wondering if it's a by product of a software upgrade. Can I do some sort of a system restore on the phone?

This happened to anyone else?

Answers and solutions gratefully received, ta.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

6 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Hi folks, 

My Samsung S6 has suddenly decided not to recognise some of my contacts and also my hotmail account has disappeared from the email listings. It may, of course, be something that I've done but it's never happened before so I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm wondering if it's a by product of a software upgrade. Can I do some sort of a system restore on the phone?

This happened to anyone else?

Answers and solutions gratefully received, ta.

This is not facetious, but have you tried switching off an back on?

My Samsung ( not an S6) froze recently and the old off-on trick sorted it. It's all I have to offer, sorry.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

My phone pre-dates "smartness", so I can't be specific. However, most of these sort of devices have a "Factory Reset" option. You may have to re-install some stuff and try to remember your various logins, but that would be the test. If a reset doesn't work, then professional advice will be required.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Just now, Mister Ting said:

I have a WahWay. No problems.

My secret controller in Beijing wants you to text some more interesting stuff to make his job more fun.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

My secret controller in Beijing wants you to text some more interesting stuff to make his job more fun.

Don't be soft man. He's in Longbenton.

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

He's onto it. You know that TV you've got in your bedroom? Well, it's sharing your antics online as we speak.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I'm now leaning towards it's a problem created by an update, although I would imagine others might have suffered also, hence me putting it out there.

Can't work out why only certain contacts have disappeared, seems a random selection.

And the email icon, well, for my hotmail account to simply vanish is most mystifying.

Oh, and turning it off and on made not one jot of difference, so wipe that mobile IT advisor bit off your CV Tony, mate.

• Haha 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...