Samsung Galaxy S6 issues.

Hi folks, 

My Samsung S6 has suddenly decided not to recognise some of my contacts and also my hotmail account has disappeared from the email listings. It may, of course, be something that I've done but it's never happened before so I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm wondering if it's a by product of a software upgrade. Can I do some sort of a system restore on the phone?

This happened to anyone else?

Answers and solutions gratefully received, ta.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Hi folks, 

My Samsung S6 has suddenly decided not to recognise some of my contacts and also my hotmail account has disappeared from the email listings. It may, of course, be something that I've done but it's never happened before so I'm not sure what to do about it. I'm wondering if it's a by product of a software upgrade. Can I do some sort of a system restore on the phone?

This happened to anyone else?

Answers and solutions gratefully received, ta.

This is not facetious, but have you tried switching off an back on?

My Samsung ( not an S6) froze recently and the old off-on trick sorted it. It's all I have to offer, sorry.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

My phone pre-dates "smartness", so I can't be specific. However, most of these sort of devices have a "Factory Reset" option. You may have to re-install some stuff and try to remember your various logins, but that would be the test. If a reset doesn't work, then professional advice will be required.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Mister Ting said:

I have a WahWay. No problems.

My secret controller in Beijing wants you to text some more interesting stuff to make his job more fun.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

My secret controller in Beijing wants you to text some more interesting stuff to make his job more fun.

Don't be soft man. He's in Longbenton.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

He's onto it. You know that TV you've got in your bedroom? Well, it's sharing your antics online as we speak.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I'm now leaning towards it's a problem created by an update, although I would imagine others might have suffered also, hence me putting it out there.

Can't work out why only certain contacts have disappeared, seems a random selection.

And the email icon, well, for my hotmail account to simply vanish is most mystifying.

Oh, and turning it off and on made not one jot of difference, so wipe that mobile IT advisor bit off your CV Tony, mate.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived