Blackpool Bash

Blind side johnny

A number of questions about this fixture come to my mind:

Will we win again, against all recent form if we were to do so?

How many will be going? (I will be absent for personal reasons and I  also have an inbuilt dislike of the selected location.)

Does the BB fulfil any beneficial function  for Championship clubs ?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

How many will be going? (I will be absent for personal reasons and I  also have an inbuilt dislike of the selected location.)

"and I  also have an inbuilt dislike of the selected location" ? You and me both!

The only benefit I can see is that it’s on Sky TV, so promotes the championship clubs a bit, although I don’t think they promote it very well. Could do much better. That said, my 11yr old daughter is looking forward to it because it’s a day out in Blackpool. 

Roger Ram fan club

I for one enjoy my day trip to Blackpool, a weekend might be pushing it for me though.

If the weather was good like last year, it gives me and my son a few hours to do the seaside things before going to the Stadium for the feast of rugby.

We need more events for Championship clubs to have their day in the sun.

The negative side is, it would be nice to play on a Saturday, and dare I say it, a different opponent  one year might be nice.

4 hours ago, andyram said:

I for one enjoy my day trip to Blackpool, a weekend might be pushing it for me though.

If the weather was good like last year, it gives me and my son a few hours to do the seaside things before going to the Stadium for the feast of rugby.

We need more events for Championship clubs to have their day in the sun.

The negative side is, it would be nice to play on a Saturday, and dare I say it, a different opponent  one year might be nice.

Yes, I can see how it might be attractive for families. For grumpy old gits like me though, less so.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Only 4 places remaining on the coach. If you haven't booked and would like to join us the cost is £12 return.

Pick up times as follows - Hanging Heaton Working Mens Club - 9.15am Timepiece Dewsbury - 9.30am Tesco's Mirfield – 9.45am. The coach will be returning 30 minutes after the last game.

Contact Yvonneashton36@gmail.com

12 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I think its largely positive and did enjoy the occasion the odd time Ive been.  I tend not to go these days cos the games against the Doggies are just too stressful..

If were playing any other team I'd be there...

Like Graham (and others, I guess) I think we shall lose this one. We just never know which team will turn up, but lately it seems to have been the wrong one. 

Batley 22-6 Dewsbury 

Try: Garratt

MoM: Walshaw

Att: 6104

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 14/05/2019 at 08:12, Blind side johnny said:

It's a get out of jail free card for sky so they can argue  they  "DO"  televise the championship

3 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Good to see Sykes’ name in the squad; I just hope it’s not too early for his return. 

I reckon that Sykes and Gabriel won't make the 17, so pretty well the same team that we have been using for the past few weeks. Will there be a different outcome?

I feel that Batley have improved a lot in the last month or so and we have stood stil, at best. I can't see us winning this one but.............

Rams 16 - 22 Dogs

Att: who can tell how many are watching/attending any particular game? For the day it may well be 7000+, or 3000-.

Blackpool has been going through a identity crisis for many years,trying to cater for families & pisssheads.for the old people reading this will remember Blackpool in its hayday,packed beaches,8 deep walking on the promenade,the illuminations were tantalising to see thru a young lads eyes,and was a magical place,from 3 to 7 birthdays were spent at Mrs Scott's boarding house, she'd get me a cake and I can remember the last one she got me ,on top was a cruise ship..and I kept it for many years,fond memories, today's Blackpool is very different,beaches empty,no punch and Judy,no dazzling illuminations ..tower does look better with the neon lights on it, Blackpool is trying to balance bars & family entertainment and losing on both fronts,one of my last visits I saw groups of hen do's and stag nights pisssed out of their heads at 2pm..not a family environment at all.. Blackpool kinda reflect championship rugby league cheap and nasty and doesn't know what direction it wants to go in,a great product but let down by lack of for sight.

We are way off winning any game. Our attack is poor and the defence is even worse. We never run on to a pass, but prefer a standing start  

We scored those late points, but why did we not play like that throughout? I suppose it could be said that Batley had switched off. 

Iggy was my MoM. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

We'd to work very hard for that. You were the better team going into half time but never really got on top. Once we were 3 scores clear the writing was on the wall.. is that 3 - 2 Rams for the BB?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

We'd to work very hard for that. You were the better team going into half time but never really got on top. Once we were 3 scores clear the writing was on the wall.. is that 3 - 2 Rams for the BB?

At this rate they will need to find you new opponents for the BB next year.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

At this rate they will need to find you new opponents for the BB next year.

I thought Dewsbury were solid in defence for a good hour, but woefully lacking in attacking ideas. How many of your team are academy players at other clubs or indeed young lads signed on for you? They just needed leading, and Finn wasn't that man today. I think you are desperately missing Sykes to lead and provide that attacking spark. It could be a two way fight now with Barrow for that other relegation spot, but I sincerely hope you turn it around.

Archived