18 May: Betfred Championship - Summer Bash Day 1 Match Thread

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

To be fair ,he isn't built for tackling 

Roll the clock back a few years Gubby, neither was my mate Mick Hogan but he would try to bring down a charging buffalo!

I was going to say Rhino but that may have confused everyone, it could be mistaken for one of those from Headingley and everyone knows they have no chargers these days. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Just out of interest, where is the Championship Grand Final being played?

At a neutral ground probably. 

Iceland or Greenland it is then.

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

I don't know why people are disappointed seems a fine match to me.

Your easily pleased Oxford, I don't even like watching my team in one sided games never mind watching others, as others have prooved the way to take Toronto on is to get into their faces and rough house them.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Your easily pleased Oxford

I just like RL enough to enjoy it as the best game in the universe. I think you're easily disappointed!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Considering there is only a week between the semi's and the final, there woukd not be enough time for fans to arrange travel etc, if Toronto or Toulouse are that team.

Exactly. To be fair though that is what happened last year in the MPG with London having to go to Toronto.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Considering there is only a week between the semi's and the final, there woukd not be enough time for fans to arrange travel etc, if Toronto or Toulouse are that team.

Away fans are unimportant Harry , you know that 

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

I just like RL enough to enjoy it as the best game in the universe. I think you're easily disappointed!

I agree with your assessment of the sport, but then we have varying degrees of entertaining matches, this for me is not a competitive game.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

this for me is not a competitive game.

So? Many of them aren't .... next you'll be expecting refs to be consistent!

I just see each one as unique.

2 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Exactly. To be fair though that is what happened last year in the MPG with London having to go to Toronto.

Yes but that had been the ruling for the previous MPG's, This is effectively a knockout competition being a top 5 play-off and previous finals have been played at neutral venues.

Nearly over now but, barring the 1st 15 minutes of the 2nd half, TWP have worked TO over.  Good to see Kay back and he gives them good attacking options.

Disappointed in TO.  Didn’t seem to want to carry on mixing it and neither half back got a grip of the game. Barthau tried but Ford didn’t seem to fancy it. I thought Keirilla was away, on his interception, but amazed to see him caught quite easily.

Only 1 all between the 2 teams.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Very droll.

Thank you I'm available for any event and each gig is different from the last!

Archived