18 May: Betfred Championship - Summer Bash Day 1 Match Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

York very disappointing today. Fev have absolutely outclassed them today. What a shame.

Why is it a shame? Fev haven't won one of their Blackpool games until today.  They broke their duck.  I don't reckon that's a shame.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

How can the touchie not see him in touch looking right down at him ? But then again in the first half a guy put his foot on the deadball line twice and he didn’t put his flag up

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

How can the touchie not see him in touch looking right down at him ? But then again in the first half a guy put his foot on the deadball line twice and he didn’t put his flag up

The ref shouted held too early so when he went into touch they just tried to ignore it. 

Match officials had a poor game. The result is massive for Fax who could not afford to lose this, if they wanted a top 5 finish.How good is it to have so much Rugby League on TV and Online (Congrats Greece)? The game has so much positive things to offer and the Summer Bash is part of that. 

Webster has a lot to offer but he completely lost it in the last 10-15 minutes. In fact quite a few of the Bulls players seemed to have let last week go to their head and begrudged being tackled.

Halifax were very good. Murrell might sport a belly that wouldn't look out of place on the South Pier, but he is certainly a clever footballer.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

25 minutes ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Match officials had a poor game. The result is massive for Fax who could not afford to lose this, if they wanted a top 5 finish.How good is it to have so much Rugby League on TV and Online (Congrats Greece)? The game has so much positive things to offer and the Summer Bash is part of that. 

yep, some "bloomers" but I was amused by the commentators going on about Bradford would have been hard done by when Halifax player bundled into touch and Halifax got to PTB... eeeh maybe I heard things but ref shouted Hold clearly heard on TV... after which Bradford bundled player into touch... he shouted hold so taking play back to PTB was right...  Commentators got it wrong

Hopefully your not including that decision in your comment

15 minutes ago, redjonn said:

yep, some "bloomers" but I was amused by the commentators going on about Bradford would have been hard done by when Halifax player bundled into touch and Halifax got to PTB... eeeh maybe I heard things but ref shouted Hold clearly heard on TV... after which Bradford bundled player into touch... he shouted hold so taking play back to PTB was right...  Commentators got it wrong

Hopefully your not including that decision in your comment

The Will Sharp no try was the big one. I just get annoyed at the inconsistant Calls. Fax v Bradford had a few. I dont expect match officials to not make mistakes but just please be consistant.

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

Why is it a shame? Fev haven't won one of their Blackpool games until today.  They broke their duck.  I don't reckon that's a shame.

Because I was expecting to watch a more competitive game and York just didn't turn up until the last 10 minutes.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I would love to see a foot race posts to posts between Steve Crossley and Scott Murell, who do you reckon would win, and what time could it achieve?

Depends how long they'd stop for oxygen ?

9 hours ago, redjonn said:

Thought the rugby was excellent over the day... Halifax and Bradford just notching the better game

Yeah and Fax were well worth their win.

And still more to come!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

9 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Because I was expecting to watch a more competitive game and York just didn't turn up until the last 10 minutes.

Why were you expecting a more competitive game between Rovers and York?  We beat them by a similar score on Good Friday.  Why weren't you disappointed by Toronto hammering Toulouse?   Do you like many other members of this forum have a down on Fev?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Why were you expecting a more competitive game between Rovers and York?  We beat them by a similar score on Good Friday.  Why weren't you disappointed by Toronto hammering Toulouse?   Do you like many other members of this forum have a down on Fev?

Jesus H Christ he was just expecting a bit more from York, thats all! Why all the paranoia?

Anyway, for the first 36 minutes and last 10 minutes York competed really well. The two tries just before HT were a sucker punch.

Three lads on dayboo after we were down to 16 fit players on Wednesday meant it was always going to be tough. We are missing Ben Cockayne's leadership around the park and aggression in attack - we've had 4 different half combos in the last month, hopefully Connor Robinson and Liam Harris can build a rapport now, with Matty Marsh going back to full back. Sam Scott, Kriss Brining & Graeme Horne to come back soon too.

Still, we're in the play-off places after Bash weekend. I'd have taken that at the start of the year! ? 

14 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Webster has a lot to offer but he completely lost it in the last 10-15 minutes. In fact quite a few of the Bulls players seemed to have let last week go to their head and begrudged being tackled.

Halifax were very good. Murrell might sport a belly that wouldn't look out of place on the South Pier, but he is certainly a clever footballer.

Murrell is different class but our problem is he has been carrying the team for too long with Marshall seemingly unwillig to bring in a quality scrum half to compliment him. We looked better with the ball last night than we have done in a while and will only get better as Grix and Murrell get game time together.

12 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

don't know what you were expecting FEV put forty past them at easter and the seventeen on show saturday was head and shoulders better than the seventeen who played good friday  as for the last ten  FEV had put their cue in the rack and were just waiting for the hooter

22 minutes ago, POR said:

don't know what you were expecting FEV put forty past them at easter and the seventeen on show saturday was head and shoulders better than the seventeen who played good friday  as for the last ten  FEV had put their cue in the rack and were just waiting for the hooter

Mind you, Fev have taken decent teams to the Bash before... ? 

Are they the last club to break their Blackpool duck?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived