18 May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull FC KO 3pm

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/05/19 at 14:00

1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Apparently Hull are average according to one Warrington fan, not today sonshine. yet another fan of a so called 'big' team not giving credit to their opponents.

We'll be 4th in the table by days end.

Wakey and Salford losing helps us hugely.

Being at the match you have to admire Hull they got their tactics right and worked hard in defence.  Wire got dragged into a scrappy game with Hull dragging them into a spoiling  game but if I was hull I would have done the same.

Too many players off their game and Price is going to have too earn is money. On side note ben Westwood is on his last legs and should only be used as a last resort. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH, shut up baby, typical flog!

Some might suggest typical RLFans comment.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Congrats Hull.

Can't say much more than that as I didn't see or hear the game.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Congrats Hull.

Can't say much more than that as I didn't see or hear the game.

I listened to it. My summary based on the commentary (and I do rate Richard Stead as a commentator) is that Hull had a purple patch in the first half that really left you shell shocked.

You responded pretty well, and definitely created the more chances, but Hull showed bags of heart and gritted it out. It sounded like you might score at any moment in the second half but we just found a way.

Also came across as an incredibly physical game. Players launching themselves into tackles with no sense of self preservation and a couple of brawls and yellow cards to boot. I reckon both sides might struggle to get themselves back up next week. The good thing is that the occasion of the magic weekend might inspire them a bit more than just a regular game.

14 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

And Radford can't help but have a sly dig at the fans, "you don't kick us when we're down", no Lee, we expect better from you and the team and not getting tonked several times hence why fans are 'kicking you' because we expect better. Don't start again by having a pop at fans, it's you and the team that dictate how the fans react and if you haven't noticed even fans like myself who don't think you're up to the job are still going to support the club, don't bite the hands that feed you!

Probably time for another petition.

19 hours ago, MZH said:

Bit of a punch up and Connor is sin binned.

Commentators suggesting the decision might have come about from the refs having a look at the big screen. Doesn't make the punch right, but it's a bit naughty if they have. It's not a tv game.

18 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

If so then that's outrageous, you can't have refs saying I can't look at the screen to make decisions and then use it another time., it makes a complete mockery of the laws of the game. Connor may or may not be guilty but you can't change the rules to suit your own agenda/wanting to punish someone when the laws say you can't.

Of course, commentators are well known for their accuracy aren't they?

Which commentators made this claim btw?

18 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Which commentators made this claim btw?

Kirk Dixon I believe. 

He didn't actually say that's where the decision has come from. What he said was that they played the incident on the screen (before the referee had given a decision), and he hoped that they hadn't made their decision based on that replay.

I think he said Hicks in particular, who was the touch judge, would have been able to see it as he was heading over to consult with the ref.

21 minutes ago, MZH said:

Kirk Dixon I believe. 

He didn't actually say that's where the decision has come from. What he said was that they played the incident on the screen (before the referee had given a decision), and he hoped that they hadn't made their decision based on that replay.

I think he said Hicks in particular, who was the touch judge, would have been able to see it as he was heading over to consult with the ref.

So it was a baseless allegation based on the fact there us a screen at the stadium? They have screens at many matches and we know the ref looking at the screen is not part of the process.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

So it was a baseless allegation based on the fact there us a screen at the stadium? They have screens at many matches and we know the ref looking at the screen is not part of the process

If he had looked at the screen it would have been a straight red card not yellow. But they were at the far end away from the screen all the replays did was incense the home fans. A match on tv would have stopped the niggle or see the game played with fewer numbers. 

5 hours ago, Faithful1865 said:

Probably time for another petition.

What's the point of your post precisely? Radford has not for the first time criticised the fans, fans criticise the team/coach because of some absolutely shocking performances, the worst in the last 20 years IMHO, we've rolled over far too many times under his stewardship and the fans, not just myself were sick of it. Yet he's had the temerity to have a go at the fans not just this season (at least twice) but last season and the season before as well.

Remember Lee was behind that dreadful loss to Huddersfield in the play-offs of 2013 after the great win the previous w/e, he was the direct cause of that being the backstabber useless ###### of a coach that he is. that was the final match for Gentle officially being in charge but everyone knew Radford was already the de facto coach by that point as AP had effectively sacked Gentle by then.

He seems incapable of seeing or admitting his own faults/flaws that has resulted in the dross and yet jumps on the fans when we're unhappy/frustrated/peed off at those disgusting performances.

But yeah, people like you come back with a nothing response, at least I acted/reacted for my own sanity to tell the club what I thought about the cruddy state of affairs, the club/AP then actually signed some quality players even if it was only a short term solution. The subsequent CC wins were great, I gave Radford praise when it was due and will continue to criticise when he gets it wrong.

People like you will accept dross/mediocrity and not say a word, that's you, I'm passionate about our club, when we're poop I'm not happy, the coach having a go at fans when he/players are poop is ridiculously childish/petulant.

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

And in Radio Humberside's case, their absolute impartiality.

3 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

If he had looked at the screen it would have been a straight red card not yellow. But they were at the far end away from the screen all the replays did was incense the home fans. A match on tv would have stopped the niggle or see the game played with fewer numbers. 

I'm not suggesting that the card shouldn't have been shown. Maybe it did deserve a red. But I would question if it's right for replays of incidents like that to be shown straight away before the officials have even got together to discuss it. Even if it didn't happen here, it would be very easy for a referee to be swayed by what he saw on the screen, and that isn't supposed to happen when there is no video referee there.

Hull have a big screen aswell, but only really show replays of tries, not all the other stuff.

3 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

What's the point of your post precisely? Radford has not for the first time criticised the fans, fans criticise the team/coach because of some absolutely shocking performances, the worst in the last 20 years IMHO, we've rolled over far too many times under his stewardship and the fans, not just myself were sick of it. Yet he's had the temerity to have a go at the fans not just this season (at least twice) but last season and the season before as well.

Remember Lee was behind that dreadful loss to Huddersfield in the play-offs of 2013 after the great win the previous w/e, he was the direct cause of that being the backstabber useless ###### of a coach that he is. that was the final match for Gentle officially being in charge but everyone knew Radford was already the de facto coach by that point as AP had effectively sacked Gentle by then.

He seems incapable of seeing or admitting his own faults/flaws that has resulted in the dross and yet jumps on the fans when we're unhappy/frustrated/peed off at those disgusting performances.

But yeah, people like you come back with a nothing response, at least I acted/reacted for my own sanity to tell the club what I thought about the cruddy state of affairs, the club/AP then actually signed some quality players even if it was only a short term solution. The subsequent CC wins were great, I gave Radford praise when it was due and will continue to criticise when he gets it wrong.

People like you will accept dross/mediocrity and not say a word, that's you, I'm passionate about our club, when we're poop I'm not happy, the coach having a go at fans when he/players are poop is ridiculously childish/petulant.

After reading your original comment I had a listen to the post match interview on the Radio Humberside website. At no point did I hear him having a dig at the fans. The nearest thing to the comment you put in quotes was a reference to some social media stuff coming out of Warrington during the week. Something that he clearly felt helped to motivate his team.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 hours ago, MZH said:

I'm not suggesting that the card shouldn't have been shown. Maybe it did deserve a red. But I would question if it's right for replays of incidents like that to be shown straight away before the officials have even got together to discuss it. Even if it didn't happen here, it would be very easy for a referee to be swayed by what he saw on the screen, and that isn't supposed to happen when there is no video referee there.

Hull have a big screen aswell, but only really show replays of tries, not all the other stuff.

Replays have been shown at matches for 23 years, I don't think we should change it due to a Hull player getting binned and making people paranoid.

15 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Hull to announce 

Josh jones

Joe burgess

Matt parcell

Adam cuthbertson 

Ryan Hampshire 

In the next week to 10 days

(Apparently obviously) 

Plenty of rumours doing the rounds but thats the first time I have heard any of the last 3 mentioned, and why would we want them?

Jones sounds nailed on to me. I also think Glenn, Mellor and Swift are seeming pretty likely.

28 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Hull to announce 

Josh jones

Joe burgess

Matt parcell

Adam cuthbertson 

Ryan Hampshire 

In the next week to 10 days

(Apparently obviously) 

I’ve read about Jones on Twitter, but none of the others.  Let’s say they’re all Kosha signings:

Burgess - yes, ok, good player regaining confidence.

Parcell - ok.

Cuthbertson - no.  We need grafting, tackle machines in the 2nd row to show the way a couple of young lads coming through.  He ain’t one of those.

Hampshire - good player.  Like him, but where will he play?  3 good halves now and 2 good fullbacks.  Unless, we’re letting one of those halves go???

Edit:  Seems we’re keen on Mellor from Huddersfield.

I would like to see Kyle Turner from Souths though.

27 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I’ve read about Jones on Twitter, but none of the others.  Let’s say they’re all Kosha signings:

Burgess - yes, ok, good player regaining confidence.

Parcell - ok.

Cuthbertson - no.  We need grafting, tackle machines in the 2nd row to show the way a couple of young lads coming through.  He ain’t one of those.

Hampshire - good player.  Like him, but where will he play?  3 good halves now and 2 good fullbacks.  Unless, we’re letting one of those halves go???

Edit:  Seems we’re keen on Mellor from Huddersfield.

I would like to see Kyle Turner from Souths though.

The strangest of the lot for me would be Parcell. He is a decent enough player, but why would we use a quota spot (and he won't be on peanuts either) when Houghton is going to play 80 minutes week in week out anyway? It also sounds like Litten is going to stay.

Cuthbertson of 3 years ago would be a great signing, but has he still got that sort of form in him because 2018/19 Cuthbertson would be a total dud?

Hampshire would add something to the squad, but he wouldn't be first choice in any position. Is he really going to go to Hull to play reserve rugby when he could be an important player for another team?

I would be surprised if any of the 3 are true, but to be fair to Hullfan, he(?) has been right about things in the recent past when I had just dismissed them.

9 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

What do you mean by "people like me". You know nothing about me or my feelings towards Lee or Adam. Its just that I don't shout my mouth off at every opportunity or attempt to organise a ridiculous petition to boost my ego. I've supported this club since long before you were born so I don't need a lecture from you as to how I should behave. You've already been banned from one forum because of your irrational remarks so carry on and we'll hopefully be losing you from this one.

On 19/05/2019 at 13:48, ELBOWSEYE said:

So the disciplinary have spoken and no punch was thrown at all. "Opponent pushes player. Player promotes open hand towards opponents face."

Sounds like it was kicking off a bit, Connor was just doing Connor things and goading Bryson Goodwin, and was unfairly carded.

If only they had looked at the screen. ?

7 minutes ago, Hughsehhh said:

That video suggests a shoulder to the jaw, isn't that classed as illegal?

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:36, MZH said:

The strangest of the lot for me would be Parcell. He is a decent enough player, but why would we use a quota spot (and he won't be on peanuts either) when Houghton is going to play 80 minutes week in week out anyway? It also sounds like Litten is going to stay.

Cuthbertson of 3 years ago would be a great signing, but has he still got that sort of form in him because 2018/19 Cuthbertson would be a total dud?

Hampshire would add something to the squad, but he wouldn't be first choice in any position. Is he really going to go to Hull to play reserve rugby when he could be an important player for another team?

I would be surprised if any of the 3 are true, but to be fair to Hullfan, he(?) has been right about things in the recent past when I had just dismissed them.

Hampshire has been offered a 3 year contract at Trinity (or so the rumour goes) as you say, he probably wouldn't be first choice in the Hull squad.

Archived