18 May: SL: Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors KO 3.30pm (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/05/19 at 14:30

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dragons on form, on a big occasion. Wigan coming off a big win. 

Dragons to win this one by 10 pts and start a big party and keep the season building. 

Wish I was at this, however with Kids and life and responsibilities wasn't able to do it. 

Hopefully will be repeated in years to come prehaps v another team who travel with big support such as Leeds or Wire or Saints. 

1 hour ago, Southerner80 said:

Dragons on form, on a big occasion. Wigan coming off a big win. 

Dragons to win this one by 10 pts and start a big party and keep the season building. 

Wish I was at this, however with Kids and life and responsibilities wasn't able to do it. 

Hopefully will be repeated in years to come prehaps v another team who travel with big support such as Leeds or Wire or Saints. 

I wish. 

In any case, I'm going to this one so it's a surefire Catalans win.

3 hours ago, wackojacko said:

I wish. 

In any case, I'm going to this one so it's a surefire Catalans win.

Apologies! It was very close and I remembered the result wrong. Wigan are in some form compared to early season I meant.

On 15/05/2019 at 08:05, Harry Stottle said:

Just a word of advice for all the Wigan fans going to Spain for this game, Pie-ella is full of rice not meet n' prayta?

The cerveza will be cold, they will be there ... and you won't.  

2 hours ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Relieved Sam Tomkins not playing. Also I still miss him.

Will enjoy watching on TV at home.

No idea who will emerge victorious.

As a Dracs fan, this is a big big loss. Sam has been in form and making a match winning difference. Do you know what the injury is? 

Gigot will be more important than ever here to pull strings and deliver the win. 

I still see Dragons winning without Sam, however more likely 6pts will be the margin. 

How will Catalans arrange their halves with Tomkins and Smith out?

I would think that Gigot will partner Langi in the halves, with Mead going to full back and Whitley going  to the centres with WIlliame. Yaha and Tierney on the wings.

Any other move -- like the failed experiment of having Greg Bird at No 6, will lose Catalans the game for sure.

2 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

As a Dracs fan, this is a big big loss. Sam has been in form and making a match winning difference. Do you know what the injury is? 

Gigot will be more important than ever here to pull strings and deliver the win. 

I still see Dragons winning without Sam, however more likely 6pts will be the margin. 

Back spasm

9 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Estamos deseando estar con ustedes. 

Shouldn't that be "Estem desitjant estar amb vostès."

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

This is a massive game for Lam. In 16 games, we have managed to beat Leeds, London, Catalans and a depleted Cas at home. Plus, against the odds, Salford away twice. We have managed to lose every other game, including the 4 do or die ones. Lose tomorrow and I for one will have seen more than enough to show that he isn’t up to it.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Neither will you by the sound of it. 

Unlike some I cannot travel hundreds of miles and hundreds of pounds at the drop of a hat.  Good luck to those that do.   My holiday was booked months ago.  And if say Leeds were going to Spain I would not be taking the p!$$ out of them. 

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Unlike some I cannot travel hundreds of miles and hundreds of pounds at the drop of a hat.  Good luck to those that do.   My holiday was booked months ago.  And if say Leeds were going to Spain I would not be taking the p!$$ out of them. 

Me too, although my excuse is the DWP won't pay for an Interview in Barcelona that weekend!

5 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Bloody hell Rupert you are very touchy aren't you, I was having a bit of fun, 7 people agreed and put the laugh symbol on the post, call it a bit of intertown rivalry if you like, it happens between Wigan and Leigh folk and not just regarding the rugby. 

Sorry to hear you are under financial restrictions, enjoy your holiday.

19 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

This is a massive game for Lam. In 16 games, we have managed to beat Leeds, London, Catalans and a depleted Cas at home. Plus, against the odds, Salford away twice. We have managed to lose every other game, including the 4 do or die ones. Lose tomorrow and I for one will have seen more than enough to show that he isn’t up to it.

Three of those were Saints and Warrington away and the WCC. In and amongst that were a string of injuries. 

The Challenge Cup was away to Warrington and a very close result worthy of the final and widely regarded as the best game of the season so far (bar the WCC?).

Wigan have had regular runs of bad results under Wane.  Usually coinciding with injuries.  As an example under Cas we see a string of poor results. But their coach is long established.

It will take an inventive coach and some big signings to make much of a dent in Lams so far average record. No matter what plans you have, there are as Macmillan said "events dear boy, events".

Archived