17 May: SL: St Helens v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/19 at 18:45

It would be scandalous if it wasn't so routine. Once Coote got in Miklauskas' face, every decision was only going one way.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hughsehhh said:

Joke of a decision. 2 knock ons given as trys for saints, can't make this up

The first one was a pass for me, no issue with that. The second one is a shocker of a decision though.

Great game but it looked like a knock on. My only guess is that there wasn't enough to overturn the on field decision. Salford will look back on that and think they could have closed it out though. Ian Watson gets better as a coach, must be near on the best in the league now.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Do any Saints fans on here think that wasn't a knock on?  I don't even see it as a close or debatable decision?  Clear as day.  Would have liked to have heard the video ref explain the decision.  

'Yep lost the ball but the grass has stopped it so he regathered.....'

1 minute ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Great game but it looked like a knock on. My only guess is that there wasn't enough to overturn the on field decision. Salford will look back on that and think they could have closed it out though. Ian Watson gets better as a coach, must be near on the best in the league now.

The thing is, they barely reviewed it. They looked at it about twice, yet everyone of the four commentators agreed it was a knock on. Ditto the earlier peyroux incident 

As a Saints fan couldn't have complained if the winning try had been chalked off.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Ref spoiled the game for me and he certainly favoured Saints and I don’t support either team just for the record. 

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

An absolutely breathless, see-sawing thriller - I couldn't sit still for the last 10 minutes especially. Very tough on Salford.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Harsh as that last try was on Salford, they were 14 points up with less than 20 to play. Cue in the rack?

Absolutely clueless and an insult to both sides, did you even watch the match!!

Again shows the utter farcical nature of the onfield call , which binds the hands of the VR . Surely the idea is to get it right , just hand it over to the VR without any prejudice either way . At times you get poor decisions backed up as the ref has just threw some guess out 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

If that had been say Leigh against Leeds , would it have been given ? 

Make it simpler. If it had been down the other end, would it have been given?

No.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Harsh as that last try was on Salford, they were 14 points up with less than 20 to play. Cue in the rack?

Certainly not cue on the rack. A combination of running out of steam, some great stuff from Saints, and more than a little help from the video ref.

1 minute ago, Keith T said:

Ref spoiled the game for me and he certainly favoured Saints and I don’t support either team just for the record. 

Me neither, but that try would have been disallowed if Salford had scored it to win. Big Club get the decision as happens regularly in RL.

Archived