When the NRL expands, Super League will suffer.

4 hours ago, The Parksider said:

You mean Mr. Perez don't you?. he's the man who finds you guys easy prey because your bored with the game. Maybe Kayakman is bored with paddling his canoe and TWP excites him, fair enough. But the thing that always stinks in these threads is how those who invest in and administer our game here get demonised all the time as "Incompetents". 

The truth is there is a list of people who have great business skills and a great philanthropy towards Rugby League, these people actually deliver TV deals, and develop players at their clubs whom they work hard to keep stable in a very crowded sports market.

These are people actually keeping the game alive, keeping the player production line going, keeping the game on TV with actual paying contracts and you have the bone brained cheek to call that "incompetent"? Your "someone" has come along and has for the last three years showed us exactly what he can do (talk garbage) and show us what he cannot do:-

1. Get anyone in Canada playing Rugby League

2. Run a solvent club without having to draw heavily on a $Billionaire with an open wallet

3. Get any TV interest such that he ends up paying to be on TV.

There is your "new and revolutionary Messiah" The bottom line is we are where we are, and would be nowhere without the "incompetents" running RFL/SL. The good news is if you find it all too boring there's a myriad of alternative sports out there for you to go off and discover.

No, I don't mean Eric Pérez.  His idea is to try blending these new, cashed-up teams with rich backers based in big North American cities with the traditional small-town teams and their small time ways which comprise the existing English pro game, which the past couple of years have shown is an unworkable mix of oil and water.  When I say  something new and revolutionary which would have the fundamentals needed to generate the higher income needed to attract players who'd otherwise be in the NRL or RU I mean exactly that: a franchised league with all franchises located in cities carefully chosen to maximize its appeal to audiences, broadcasters and sponsors, run and presented in a completely professional manner so as to demolish the stereotype of RL just being a small northern sport for northerners.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, dixiedean said:

Not sure where the lack of players comes into it. It is purely a function of supply and demand. Pay people enough and they will emerge.

We need augment our junior playing base.

Some clubs are not doing enough to development juniors.

Some clubs need to stop going for stop gap player solutions and plan for the future with British talent

22 hours ago, Copa said:

Brisbane has 2.3 million people in one of the most RL loving cities on earth. Many of those people do not support the Broncos and I think any new club would target these people. 

It would give Lang Park a game every week and create more SE Queensland derby matches with the Titans, Broncos + the new team.

Thanks Copa, also read the various other responses.Hey, if it works and creates a great rivalry great! 

15 hours ago, The Parksider said:

Excellent honest post in which you reveal just why people like to invent new clubs in their heads, or latch onto any hair brained scheme going. Of course the proposals for clubs in Ottawa, New York, Barcelona or wherever are always going to garner support and enthusiasm from the bored and fed up because the "idea" of something new excites them. It's when they start to turn the dream into a reality in their heads and dismiss the real world problems and issues we have that what becomes genuinely boring is the denial of reality and the invention of various fictions. It's the state of mind that the likes of Salesmen like Perez thrive on, he tells you he can deliver what you want, and you follow without much thought....... 

You mean Mr. Perez don't you?. he's the man who finds you guys easy prey because your bored with the game. Maybe Kayakman is bored with paddling his canoe and TWP excites him, fair enough. But the thing that always stinks in these threads is how those who invest in and administer our game here get demonised all the time as "Incompetents". 

The truth is there is a list of people who have great business skills and a great philanthropy towards Rugby League, these people actually deliver TV deals, and develop players at their clubs whom they work hard to keep stable in a very crowded sports market.

These are people actually keeping the game alive, keeping the player production line going, keeping the game on TV with actual paying contracts and you have the bone brained cheek to call that "incompetent"? Your "someone" has come along and has for the last three years showed us exactly what he can do (talk garbage) and show us what he cannot do:-

1. Get anyone in Canada playing Rugby League

2. Run a solvent club without having to draw heavily on a $Billionaire with an open wallet

3. Get any TV interest such that he ends up paying to be on TV.

There is your "new and revolutionary Messiah" The bottom line is we are where we are, and would be nowhere without the "incompetents" running RFL/SL. The good news is if you find it all too boring there's a myriad of alternative sports out there for you to go off and discover.

Made up rubbish to support a dream,  but it's par for the course.

Players come from areas they have played RL traditionally for decades, they are kids who play at school because those schools play RL, and at junior clubs their dads run because they are RL fans, and they all watch their local clubs, and are inspired by the star players. The ones who are good enough the one or two per hundred are the ones that arrive in the pro-game and have to go through years of pro coaching to hone their skills to be able to deliver a good enough product to be able to charge fans to watch and TV companies to show. Your double the wages nonsense merely fits the dream.

They do not suddenly appear because they can see a massive salary in RL and say Oh I'll play that - it's nonsense.

These terrible threads and posts are all based on a dream of what RL could be which is fine. I do that. But the problem is when people start to believe it and become incapable of talking about their delusions, and can only fire off insults or make up soundbites to excuse the very very real problems our game has. As I say I can count 20 maybe up to 30 such people who congregate on here, but out of this bubble and across the game we have tens of thousands of fans who accept the game for what it is, accept the struggles for what they are and are not "bored" with it all. Yes we must struggle to keep interest in the game, but inventing messiahs, and disparaging people who do the hard yards and put in the effective money, isn't the way to do it is it?

Parksider, im a Warrington fan, and as much as I love the rivalry with you guys in Wigan, and the others....the world is much bigger than the boundaries of our closely knitted neighbourhoods. It IS boring watching wire v wigan 4/5 times a year. Wasted calendar space for internationals, or other fixtures.

....if you do what you always did, you'll get what you always got.... 

Rugby League is in a point of history where it has one of the best opportunities to diversify its spread and business. Yes, do the due diligence. But, don't just dismiss it. I, for one, would be hugely disappointed if we don't look at this as opportunity.

If we stay as a parochial northern played sport, nothing will change. No new audiences, no new tv contracts, no new players (yes, potentially in Canada - it takes a generation.)

You have to start somewhere - don't despise the day of small things.

20 hours ago, dixiedean said:

Not going to argue with most of that, as a lot of what you say is valid. Merely to ask you this. If we were able to increase salaries in RL tenfold by some as yet unforeseen system, do you honestly think there wouldn't be more young players heading into our game? I reckon there would.

Thanks for the agreement and in response, I have to concede that  if the average salary went from say £50K to £500K there would be more quality players becoming available to the game. But the problem is that we do not have the money to increase the salary cap 10 times over. That is with respect a "dream".  Do you see what I mean?

20 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Pérez is trying to blend these new, cashed-up teams with rich backers based in big North American cities with the traditional small-town teams and their small time ways which comprise the existing English pro game.........

When I say  something new and revolutionary which would have the fundamentals needed to generate the higher income needed to attract players who'd otherwise be in the NRL or RU I mean exactly that: a franchised league with all franchises located in cities carefully chosen to maximize its appeal to audiences, broadcasters and sponsors, run and presented in a completely professional manner so as to demolish the stereotype of RL just being a small northern sport for northerners.

I've looked at the introduction of cities to Rugby League. We have introduced the game to Leeds, Bradford, Liverpool (twice), Manchester, Coventry (twice), London (several times), Paris, Cardiff (twice), Sheffield, Newcastle (twice) and Nottingham and nearly formed a side in Bristol. The only successes are in cities with a tradition of the game and sadly where the tradition has been soccer and Rugby Union first we failed.

Your grand plan you pump out daily is not the future, it's actually history and it  failed. You talk about  "fundamentals needed to generate the higher income"  which with respect is a meaningless phrase. Our income comes from a TV deal boring old RL fans tip up subscriptions to  support it,  turnstiles the boring old RL fans still click, and boring old northern businessmen who put in big chunks of cash to make sure the old dinosaur of Rugby League survives.

What is this "Higher income" you talk of??? That is a dream as it stands - do you see what I mean?

8 hours ago, The British Lion said:

Parksider, I'm a Warrington fan, and as much as I love the rivalry with you guys in Wigan, and the others....the world is much bigger than the boundaries of our closely knitted neighbourhoods. It IS boring watching wire v wigan 4/5 times a year. 

....if you do what you always did, you'll get what you always got.... 

Rugby League is in a point of history where it has one of the best opportunities to diversify its spread and business. Yes, do the due diligence. But, don't just dismiss it. I, for one, would be hugely disappointed if we don't look at this as opportunity.If we stay as a parochial northern played sport, nothing will change. No new audiences, no new tv contracts, no new players (yes, potentially in Canada - it takes a generation.)You have to start somewhere - don't despise the day of small things.

Mr. Lion, Warrington's attendances pre-Superleague 5,380, Warringtons bored to tears attendances today 9,458. You may be bored but the figures say otherwise, and my word would you prefer to watch Wire play TWP again given how pathetic that cup game was when they did actually meet? What was exciting about that? What exactly do you mean by "best opportunities" "spread the business" "new opportunities" "new TV contracts" "new players"? 

We are three years into this fantastic "opportunity" and there are no new players, and no system to develop them now and therefore not even in several generations, the only new TV contract is one in which TWP pay to be on TV not the other way round. Explain to me what these "opportunities" are? TWP are nothing of any substance without Argyle and Perez is trying to repeat TWP this time without Argyle!!  Then we have Wilby from Huddersfield.

With the deepest respect to you, it is the case that fans here are bombarded with sensational headlines about the game expanding all over the world supported by 20 odd people on here who like to think it's all real and the future is bright, but believe you me, there sadly is nothing of any substance at all in any of it it apart from a piece of leather folded over and sealed by a clip.

And that is David Argyles wallet.  None of this nonsense and daydreaming would exist without that wallet? All he uses it for is to pay the massive bills he runs up pretending RL has taken off in North America. That's just a dream as was a world cup in America. See what I mean??

37 minutes ago, The Parksider said:

Mr. Lion, Warrington's attendances pre-Superleague 5,380, Warringtons bored to tears attendances today 9,458. 

Nothing to do then with a new stadium, major investment, both on and off the field, from a major millionaire backer and actually having a successful team winning competitions.

4 hours ago, The Parksider said:

I've looked at the introduction of cities to Rugby League. We have introduced the game to Leeds, Bradford, Liverpool (twice), Manchester, Coventry (twice), London (several times), Paris, Cardiff (twice), Sheffield, Newcastle (twice) and Nottingham and nearly formed a side in Bristol. The only successes are in cities with a tradition of the game and sadly where the tradition has been soccer and Rugby Union first we failed.

Your grand plan you pump out daily is not the future, it's actually history and it  failed. You talk about  "fundamentals needed to generate the higher income"  which with respect is a meaningless phrase. Our income comes from a TV deal boring old RL fans tip up subscriptions to  support it,  turnstiles the boring old RL fans still click, and boring old northern businessmen who put in big chunks of cash to make sure the old dinosaur of Rugby League survives.

What is this "Higher income" you talk of??? That is a dream as it stands - do you see what I mean?

Of course those past attempts failed, they were based on trying to fit them into the small-time existing structure which was the wrong foundation.  That foundation has only one broadcast partner (Sky) putting any real money into it and a second (the BBC) which puts in a relative pittance and no prospect of other bidders coming in.

The major North American pro leagues aren't in that position, they all have a number of broadcast partners and all pay good money to be involved.  I have in mind is something which should be able to line of several broadcast partners, but (for the most part) all in different countries rather than a number in the same country so that even though none of the contracts would pay as much individually as those broadcasters currently pay to other leagues which they broadcast all the contracts together would pay significant money.  That in turn would be worth serious money from sponsors who want be part of such a revolutionary new venture in sports.

I get that you can't see that potential because all you've ever known is dependence on what you call "boring old RL fans" because of the game's poor image with other Brits.  Clearly the game needs something capable of changing all that.

10 minutes ago, TheConductor said:

Don't forget there is a nice stadium on the Central Coast doing nothing so a Sydney team club needs to move ?

Which one?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

5 hours ago, TheConductor said:

Don't forget there is a nice stadium on the Central Coast doing nothing so a Sydney team club needs to move ?

Relocating a Sydney club to the CC would be absolutely pointless.

Not only would it fail to address any of the problems that the NRL has with the amount of clubs in Sydney, it's lack of presence in major markets across the country, or it's geographical spread, it's also extremely doubtful that they would even be able to support a club independent of eating into the Sydney market anyway, especially when considering that they can't even support an A-league club, which in of it's self totally undermines the point of rationalising Sydney anyway.

The only reason that a team would relocate to the CC would be in the event that the NRL take up a policy of actively rationalising Sydney, and it'd be in an attempt to avoid either being cut from the competition and/or being forced to relocate further afield, exactly as the Bears attempted to do back in the day when they tried to relocate to the CC.

So yeah if (and it's a big if) there is going to be relocation then the CC shouldn't even be on the short list of places considered to receive a relocated club.

The OP falls into the trap that a few posters have, thinking we live in a static world where there are only a fixed number of players.  The reality is that we live in a dynamic world where things are changing all the time.

So, assume the NRL does add 2 more teams - I'd guess that means there would be more money coming into the game.  If they need an extra 60 players some will be sucked in from NZ where they could increase their footprint some from the Pacific as well as some SL but the money may also convince some players from other sports like Union or Aussie Rules to switch codes.

So SL may lose a small number of players but they will be replaced again from a number of sources.  All the players playing in SL will still be SL quality although the overall quality may well go down for that year but it doesn't end there.  If RL continues to expand globally more people can get sucked into the game pushing up quality

..and I love the way Parksider criticizes some people because of their new ideas just to get us all excited.  God forbid that anything like that should happen. 

9 hours ago, themainbrace said:

The OP falls into the trap thinking we live in a static world where there are only a fixed number of players.  The reality is that we live in a dynamic world where things are changing all the time.  If they need an extra 60 players some will be sucked in from NZ, some from the Pacific as well as some SL but the money may also convince some players from other sports like Union or Aussie Rules to switch codes. So SL may lose a small number of players but they will be replaced again from a number of sources.  ..and I love the way Parksider criticizes some people because of their new ideas just to get us all excited.  "God forbid" that anything like that should happen. 

What you have posted along with many keyboard warriors is straight off the top of your head, easy to take a couple of minutes to type out and then declare a brilliant idea.  No, the more pro-clubs you create does not then automatically result in more quality players at all. This is a silly "cause and effect" idea that the more skilled jobs you have for your business the more skilled workers will appear out of thin air. Look at the quality players we have - it has taken each of them years in junior and youth RL latterly working hard under professional coaches to get there and those that made the grade are only a small percentage of those that tried.

In 2006 Les Catalans created a pathway for French players to be paid professionally and develop towards being Internationals. 13 years on despite the money and opportunity France has failed to increase their quality talent pool, Les Cats import nearly a whole SL team and the international side is very poor indeed. The same goes in America the more clubs they create the more the player shortage increases as there are no RL players to be "sucked in" as in reality the "conversions" you talk about so naively did not happen did they? and nor did any junior leagues. "God forbid" we have to listen to all this pie in the SKY stuff again with NY and Ottawa.

20 hours ago, Big Picture said:

The major North American pro leagues all have a number of broadcast partners and all pay good money to be involved.  I have in mind is something which should be able to line of several broadcast partners,  all in different countries rather than a number in the same country so that even though none of the contracts would pay as much individually as those broadcasters currently pay to other leagues which they broadcast all the contracts together would pay significant money.  That in turn would be worth serious money from sponsors who want be part of such a revolutionary new venture in sports.

I get that you can't see that potential ...............................

Well according to you even Eric Perez and David Argyle can't see the potential for this idea you float daily, yet like Mr. "whatmichaelsays" you boast a brilliant business brain to match his self confessed brilliant sales and marketing skills. Why don't you two get together and start this league? At least Ricky Wilby and Eric Perez are actually following their pipedreams not tapping them out on a bedroom keyboard.  

23 hours ago, Damien said:

Nothing to do then with a new stadium, major investment, both on and off the field, from a major millionaire backer and actually having a successful team winning competitions.

Yes it's all to do with Mr. Moran's investment Damian and his work to engineer a great new stadium. But what is your point? Mr. Argyle is many times more wealthier than Mr. Moran but Argyle has a rubbish rented stadium, pumps vast amounts of money into TWP for no return at all, doles out free tickets like confetti, and cannot develop a single player nor get a paying TV deal - he pays to be on TV.

So where is the connection with Mr. Moran?  Mr. Moran's club has started to develop some fabulous local players to pro level, and Mr. Moran's club are a major draw card for SKY's paying TV audience, which they weren't in the Wilderspool days when people on here were always laughing at them and their coach Mr. Cullen. I sincerely thank you very much for a sensible reply rather than you just posting your usual  mocking "smiley" because it does open up debate. Mr. Moran has put his ££Millions where it actually counts and benefits the game.

Mr. Argyle throws his $$Millions away on a dream that is having no beneficial returns for Superleague and never will. Like the French and Les Catalans, the Canadians and TWP will not stimulate the growth of RL in Canada and won't contribute anything to a paying TV deal, and before you post that ? that's the opinion of SL chairmen and Mr. Chalmers.

It's a hard concept to grasp but how you invest is everything and Mr. Moran's investment has been highly beneficial to the game but Mr. Argyles investment produces no returns and if he is allowed to take TWP into SL they just become another waste of space we cannot afford like Mr. Chalmers says Catalans are. I think Argyle will be tolerated but will be pressurised to invest here instead where it actually counts, and there is the start of that with a 25% stake in Skolars.  Thanks again for a discussion.

19 hours ago, TheConductor said:

I lived on the Central Coast for around 20 years. They don’t see themselves as Sydneysiders or Novacastrians, they are simply from the Central Coast. If they get a team they need their own team from scratch.

I’ve almost lived in Canberra as long as I was on the Central Coast. From my experience the Central Coast has more rugby league fans than Canberra, has a better stadium than Canberra and it’s a shorter trip for most away fans to the Central Coast when compared to Canberra. So I think they could support a team but it’d have to be their team.

If a team was relocated to Gosford it would most likely be considered a Sydney team playing away by many on the Central Coast and would suffer as a result.

It's not when the Telstra Premiership expands, it's IF, a big IF...... Established Clubs won't take a smaller share of the NRL Grant. Mid Table Clubs won't want more competition in the fight for Top8 or in the Player Signing market. Ultimately the Commission has to obey the Clubs because a Super Majority of the Clubs can sack them. 

Super League is already a feeder League to the NRL. Despite TV Deals, NRL Clubs can self fund pro RL because their Club houses are basically casinos. Where our top clubs rely on the occasional millionaire sticking a few extra quid in, their Clubs are casino operators and property owners in themselves. 

One thing we should do is look at their Club membership model, rather than just simply selling season tickets.

15 hours ago, Damien said:

More irrelevant nonsense from Parky, it's just a reminder why I seldom bother replying because a serious discussion is beyond him.

Same old same old Damian, when you come on here dreaming and get called out for it, you just post garbage like this above, Same garbage that your hero/messiah was peddling nearly four years ago.

3rd. October 2015

Perez is confident he can talk quality sevens and rugby union players into crossing over. And just as Australian rugby league star Jarrod Haynes jumped to the NFL, Perez says Canadian football players can transition easily to rugby league.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/2015/10/03/local-group-looks-to-bring-rugby-league-to-toronto.html

6th. May 2016

Perez: “Our goal is to build a competitive Super League level club from day 1 but also focus on investing in player development here in Canada so that we can build our home grown talent” 

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Global/Issues/2016/05/06/People-and-Pop-Culture/Hangin-With.aspx

2019 and not a single Canadian RL player in development and no structure for any Canadian development whatsoever. 

Here is the Superleague view as articulated by Eamon McManus recently, he said "there is a huge difference between teams in France and North America, no comparison, in France there is meaning and infrastructure.......whereas Toronto is a team of English and antipodeans  owned by an Australian. They face strong opposition from Rugby Union there and the climate is a massive problem (when) they can't play home games, you cannot change the rules to suit one (phoney) club.

You "seldom bother replying" because you cannot face nor answer reality.?......

11 hours ago, Omott91 said:

I think those outdated quotes above are enough of a reason to not warrant a reply.  

That and the fact he's a complete door handle who gets away with derailing thread after thread.

19 hours ago, Davo5 said:

That and the fact he's a complete door handle who gets away with derailing thread after thread.

Well here we go again, another dreamer come tough keyboard warrior. You have the facts as regards the total inability of the North American dream to deliver a single player to the game now or ever set out above, let me discuss with you the other issue of their inability to add anything to the TV revenues.........

8th. October 2017

Perez on TV revenues: "We are looking to make Super League the most commercially viable competition, to do that you need to have more North American clubs, at least five or six clubs in Superleague in the next 10 years."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/41544831

2nd February 2018

'TV revenues'

“The Wolfpack has an unusual TV arrangement whereby it films its own home matches and gives the footage free to CBC Online and cable channel Game TV. They lose money on the operation

Lidbury "We hope that in year three we would be able to start driving some TV rights revenues”. (didn't happen)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42702631

Not only can't the North American dream deliver a single player to the playing pool, it can't deliver a single dollar to the TV revenue either. Read your Messiahs's lips he tells you there is no chance of American TV money without half of Superleague being phoney North American clubs.

An there is no chance of that as both McManus and Pearson have recently explained quite clearly (happy to set it out for you if you don't read anything up yourself?). SL may well put up with Argyle in Superleague as they eventually want his money spent on clubs in this country, and if you care to look at fact rather than dream of fantasy, Argylle's London Skolars are all of a sudden in the top spot in League One and heading for promotion. 

Wake up from your dreaming Davo and smell the coffee...............................

On 19/05/2019 at 21:25, TheConductor said:

Dunno wait for Nick to pop off then Roosters can leave the whole Eastern Suburbs to a back at home Bunnies or maybe Bulldogs or Manly but think that Northern Beaches need a NRL presence despite having a dump of a ground.

Relocating a Sydney team to CC is pointless. These are rusted on RL fans. They have clubs already. To ask them to back a club they consider a rival, simply because of relocation is futile.

The Central Coast can only proceed as either a new club or a new Bears club.

On 15/05/2019 at 14:09, The Great Dane said:

I totally agree with what you have said, however I think it's important to stress the point that the group of people that don't follow the Broncos in Brisbane aren't just randoms that have shown no prior interest in RL, they are in fact a relatively large portion of the population that are massive RL fans but at the same time hate the Broncos with a passion and refuse to support them.

What you haven’t addressed with our colleague is why these people hate Brisbane and the reason why a newly created second Brisbane club wouldn’t be met with similar disdain.

5 minutes ago, Jean Capdouzey said:

West Coast Sea Dragons would be a great name for a Western Australian team.
Something different.

Unfortunately the Leafy Sea Dragon is the official marine emblem of South Australia. Also merchandising might be a problem. How do you make products that look like this:

Leafy-Sea-Dragon-Rapid-Bay-Smaller_WEB.j

The official fish of WA is the Whale Shark and the official animal is the Numbat, which is a good-looking animal:

numbat2.jpg

and certainly better than the previous emblem, the Numbnuts

032187-chris-franklin.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_

Just now, Farmduck said:

Unfortunately the Leafy Sea Dragon is the official marine emblem of South Australia. Also merchandising might be a problem. How do you make products that look like this:

Leafy-Sea-Dragon-Rapid-Bay-Smaller_WEB.j

The official fish of WA is the Whale Shark and the official animal is the Numbat, which is a good-looking animal:

numbat2.jpg

and certainly better than the previous emblem, the Numbnuts

032187-chris-franklin.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_

The bloke at the bottom could work as the mascot. lol
The Sea Dragon is native to WA waters too.

21 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

What you haven’t addressed with our colleague is why these people hate Brisbane and the reason why a newly created second Brisbane club wouldn’t be met with similar disdain.

Yes I did. . .

I'll even quote the post where I addressed those things for you:

On 15/05/2019 at 19:57, The Great Dane said:

There're a bunch of reasons, to the point that basically every person you ask would have a slightly different reason.

The Broncos effectively murdering the BRL (and effectively destroying all the BRL clubs with histories as old and as storied as any NSWRL club) soured a lot of people, the brutal corporate nature of the Broncos turns a lot of people off, the fact that the Broncos have systematically undermined further attempts of the NSWRL/ARL/NRL to expand not only in Brisbane but in South East Queensland as a whole pisses a lot of people off, the key role they played in the Super League war ###### a lot of people off, the way that they take Brisbane and the fan base in Brisbane for granted annoys a lot of people, the way that they act as a law onto themselves and demand all sorts of things of the Queensland taxpayers irritates some people, the way that they basically murdered the Crushers gets some peoples panties in a bunch, honestly some people just hate them irrationally, etc, etc.

For only being 30 years old there's a lot more history there then you are making out.

And all of those people in Brisbane support someone else as well(the current incarnations of the old BRL clubs, QLD cup clubs, the Maroons, even other NRL clubs), I thought saying that they were "massive RL fans" made that pretty obvious...

However many (if not most) of those people have been calling out for another top tier Brisbane club to follow since the day that the Broncos were admitted, even if it's only so they have direct access to top flight footy in Brisbane other than the Broncos, and all of them could be converted into a fan base for a new Brisbane club pretty easily if the NRL and the new Brisbane club/s played their cards right.

Archived