Joel Edwards

Andy Knight

39 minutes ago, Thunder fan said:

hi guys, joel edwards a good signing for us? seen clips of him on the net looks a real good player.

Class act Joel , will do you proud .

8 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

I don't understand why we're loaning players who can't get into L1 sides. Is it just a case of there is absolutely nobody else available or what?

Quite possibly. Alot of Super League sides are either down to bare bones with injuries or have a dual reg agreement in place. Unless you are Toronto or possibly Bradford you don't have that many spare players. Potentially some decent players on offer in league 1 might not fit the current coaches plans but can fit around our squad, as long as willing to work hard definitely an option worth considering in my book. 

This is the write up off the Thunder website definitely a worthy target if confirmed "

The younger brother of fellow Thunderman Jack, Harry has been a mainstay of the clubs second row for the past three seasons after joining from Hull KR’s U19 set up back in December 2015.

With an all-around skill set making him a hugely valuable asset within the squad, Harry is one of the quiet men off-field.

A committed and aggressive player, his excellent running lines in attack provide his side with plenty of go forward, while his formidable attitude in defence regularly sees oppositions irresistible forces met head-on with a strong immovable object.

Now up to 71 appearances for Thunder as of the end of 2018, he is set to close in on the magic century mark in 2019 and is certain to be a key figure in Thunder’s push for promotion to the Betfred Championship"

36 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

This is the write up off the Thunder website definitely a worthy target if confirmed "

The younger brother of fellow Thunderman Jack, Harry has been a mainstay of the clubs second row for the past three seasons after joining from Hull KR’s U19 set up back in December 2015.

With an all-around skill set making him a hugely valuable asset within the squad, Harry is one of the quiet men off-field.

A committed and aggressive player, his excellent running lines in attack provide his side with plenty of go forward, while his formidable attitude in defence regularly sees oppositions irresistible forces met head-on with a strong immovable object.

Now up to 71 appearances for Thunder as of the end of 2018, he is set to close in on the magic century mark in 2019 and is certain to be a key figure in Thunder’s push for promotion to the Betfred Championship"

Think Salford were looking at him a couple of years ago, at least it gives one of our players a rest this week, the last thing we want is a player playing on Saturday who is already injured and making it worse, or us turning up at Blackpool without a full squad, John and James are doing their best for the Knights and they are not doing a bad job, third in the table, thats from the top not the bottom which we would have been pleased with, up the Knights.

19 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Think Salford were looking at him a couple of years ago, at least it gives one of our players a rest this week, the last thing we want is a player playing on Saturday who is already injured and making it worse, or us turning up at Blackpool without a full squad, John and James are doing their best for the Knights and they are not doing a bad job, third in the table, thats from the top not the bottom which we would have been pleased with, up the Knights.

Couldn't agree more. I genuinely thought going into the season it be a long season scrapping for points but couldn't be more proud of the boys and achievements made at only halfway through. Can't wait to enjoy the 2nd half of the season 

18 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Harry Aldos has joined York on a months loan

Can’t see anything else on this SK. Nothing  on official site or Twitter or YEP. Not saying it’s not true but just looking for confirmation.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

I presume his agent would have offered Edwards to the Knights first and would have been a good signing for the rest of the season and it would have given a rest to some of the Forwards up top.

I find the news about Edwards and Roche both strange and disappointing.  Both are proven at York and are exactly what we need.  I mean losing out to Newcastle Thunder????  Of the two, Roche is probably preferable as he was available on a long-term basis, but I guess we can;t compete with Mr Kear and his penchant for collecting players.   The club need to start planning for next year - this one could well be the last for Benny, Graham and Tim. 

On 15/05/2019 at 17:04, White Knight said:

Can’t see anything else on this SK. Nothing  on official site or Twitter or YEP. Not saying it’s not true but just looking for confirmation.

Hes signed and so has Tyler Dupree a prop from Leeds, another signing soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2019 at 14:32, Fax Knight said:

I find the news about Edwards and Roche both strange and disappointing.  Both are proven at York and are exactly what we need.  I mean losing out to Newcastle Thunder????  Of the two, Roche is probably preferable as he was available on a long-term basis, but I guess we can;t compete with Mr Kear and his penchant for collecting players.   The club need to start planning for next year - this one could well be the last for Benny, Graham and Tim. 

Fordy unlike Kear only signs good players, I know who I would rather have.

On 27/05/2019 at 10:57, spanishknight said:

Fordy unlike Kear only signs good players, I know who I would rather have

The Bulls signings for 2019 were

Jake Webster,Jy Hitchcox, Rhys Evans,Connor Farrell,Matty Wildie,David Foggin-Johnston, Colton Roche, Jon Magrin

Wouldn't you say the majority of the above are good signings? Experienced Championship players too.

55 minutes ago, Bcfc2014 said:

The Bulls signings for 2019 were

Jake Webster,Jy Hitchcox, Rhys Evans,Connor Farrell,Matty Wildie,David Foggin-Johnston, Colton Roche, Jon Magrin

Wouldn't you say the majority of the above are good signings? Experienced Championship players too.

Foggin-Johnson has gone backwards since he left the Knights, Webster is well past it, you let your best player go to Featherstone what a stupid mistake.

3 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Foggin-Johnson has gone backwards since he left the Knights, Webster is well past it, you let your best player go to Featherstone what a stupid mistake 

Foggin-Johnston has actually been one of our better players recently. As for Webster 4 of our 7 defeats have come when he hasn't played. He is a good leader for our young team. They was a lot of off the field stuff with Dane which wasnt made public.

Archived