Brexit Party

Thought we needed a new thread for Brexit Party shenanigans. A nice tweet to start it all. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We already had one, but the moderating overlords went all farage on us.  

?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

20 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

We already had one, but the moderating overlords went all farage on us.  

?

I’m trusting you lot. If all else fails, it’ll be a thread for dross that’d contaminate good threads. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

6 hours ago, ckn said:

Thought we needed a new thread for Brexit Party shenanigans. A nice tweet to start it all. 

Godwins Law finally shows up in discussions about the Brexit Party.  What a surprise!

1 hour ago, Saintslass said:

Godwins Law finally shows up in discussions about the Brexit Party.  What a surprise!

I went over that line ages ago commenting that Farage was a fascist. 

1 hour ago, Saintslass said:

10 minutes ago, ckn said:

No, Farage himself crossed that line three years ago when he decided to lead his campaign with a poster that was a direct copy of a Nazi propaganda film.

ClJeYxoVYAE24oL.jpg.b68c42ba69ff902aeb369816a99fbbb8.jpg

It's quite simple, if you don't want to be classed as a fascist, don't use fascist imagery to promote your cause.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

11 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

No, Farage himself crossed that line three years ago when he decided to lead his campaign with a poster that was a direct copy of a Nazi propaganda film.

ClJeYxoVYAE24oL.jpg.b68c42ba69ff902aeb369816a99fbbb8.jpg

It's quite simple, if you don't want to be classed as a fascist, don't use fascist imagery to promote your cause.

_20190512_173628.JPG

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

1 minute ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

_20190512_173628.JPG

An Inverdale of the highest order.

51 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

He can't be a racist because he's boned his way round Europe.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

This image seems to be doing the rounds currently with an explanation saying the guy in front of the flag is a young farage but i can not find out it's veracity - anyone know if it is correct or "fake news" ?

(Picture deleted by CKN, see quote below)

Several people who went to school with Farage have been on social media asserting that's not him in that photo. They do, however, describe the young Farage in the same way Shadow and some of his old teachers have. 

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

9 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

Several people who went to school with Farage have been on social media asserting that's not him in that photo. They do, however, describe the young Farage in the same way Shadow and some of his old teachers have. 

Thanks, this was the only vaguely trustworthy newsource i could find reporting it which is why i was wary - The Independent in Aug16 - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-fascist-nazi-song-gas-them-all-ukip-brexit-schoolfriend-dulwich-college-a7185236.html

21 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

I don't think it looks like young Farage as I knew him either.

27 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

This image seems to be doing the rounds currently with an explanation saying the guy in front of the flag is a young farage but i can not find out it's veracity - anyone know if it is correct or "fake news" ?

(Picture deleted by CKN, see quote below)

I deleted the pic, it's very likely to be a fake and falls right into the libel category.

2 hours ago, ckn said:

I( don't think there's any doubt about that.  If it sounds like a fascist, looks like a fascist, and acts like a fascist it probably is a fascist.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Rover said:

I received a brexit party flyer through the for this morning, going on about how the UK voted to leave in the biggest mandate in UK history. Funny how 52-48 for remain wasn't going to be a big enough mandate for him.

Another indication of fascism.  As Dr Goebbels said, if you tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth,

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

20 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

I received a brexit party flyer through the for this morning, going on about how the UK voted to leave in the biggest mandate in UK history. Funny how 52-48 for remain wasn't going to be a big enough mandate for him.

18 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Another indication of fascism.  As Dr Goebbels said, if you tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth,

Absolutely. An out and out lie. It's not even in the top 5 of "biggest mandates".

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

The echo chamber cabal are in full swing on this thread!

By all means deride Farage and his party, just as on the Tory and Labour equivalents, but face up to reality.

Why has Farage and his party been spawned, phoenix like in the last few months?

Why are millions of people going to be voting for his party, are they all fascists and racists, every one of them?

What do you hope to achieve by derision and ridicule of his supporters other than that holier than though glow after posting a witty response on a rugby forum?

The majority of posters on here just don't get it. They just stick their heads in the sands and don't face up to why millions of decent, normal people will be giving their support to him on polling day. Carry on with your name calling and labelling whilst living in your cosy liberal bubbles, the problem will not go away by posting links to twitter accounts and the like.  

10 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

The echo chamber cabal are in full swing on this thread!

By all means deride Farage and his party, just as on the Tory and Labour equivalents, but face up to reality.

Why has Farage and his party been spawned, phoenix like in the last few months?

Why are millions of people going to be voting for his party, are they all fascists and racists, every one of them?

What do you hope to achieve by derision and ridicule of his supporters other than that holier than though glow after posting a witty response on a rugby forum?

The majority of posters on here just don't get it. They just stick their heads in the sands and don't face up to why millions of decent, normal people will be giving their support to him on polling day. Carry on with your name calling and labelling whilst living in your cosy liberal bubbles, the problem will not go away by posting links to twitter accounts and the like.  

Why are they voting for him then?

Is it because he offers simple soundbites that on closer inspection prove to be lies or at best unworkable?

Is it because we have had 40 years of unchallenged lies from those opposed to our integration and membership of the EU?

Is it because our press and social media is being manipulated by shadowy forces outside our own country?

Or is it because the Public School Educated Neo Fascist Holocaust denying Hypocritcal hate monger is a true man of the people who only has the best interests of the British People at heart?

3 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Why are they voting for him then?

Is it because he offers simple soundbites that on closer inspection prove to be lies or at best unworkable?

Is it because we have had 40 years of unchallenged lies from those opposed to our integration and membership of the EU?

Is it because our press and social media is being manipulated by shadowy forces outside our own country?

Or is it because the Public School Educated Neo Fascist Holocaust denying Hypocritcal hate monger is a true man of the people who only has the best interests of the British People at heart?

This

Clement Attlee.

Archived