Brexit Party

49 minutes ago, Methven Hornet said:

The irony of your statement being that Nicola Sturgeon is one of the least nationalist politicians of British politics, and leader of one of its least nationalist parties.

Oh purlease!  The Scots Nats are extremely nationalist and always have been, even when they were called the Scottish Nationalist Party!  Independence from the UK is their reason for being; they began life as the Scottish version of UKIP and had the same reputation in their earlier days.  They've changed not one bit and you will hear a goodly amount of anti-English prejudice among their followers if you listen to them long enough.  Heaven knows I had my earful of them when I lived in Carlisle.  

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Oh purlease!  The Scots Nats are extremely nationalist and always have been, even when they were called the Scottish Nationalist Party!  Independence from the UK is their reason for being; they began life as the Scottish version of UKIP and had the same reputation in their earlier days.  They've changed not one bit and you will hear a goodly amount of anti-English prejudice among their followers if you listen to them long enough.  Heaven knows I had my earful of them when I lived in Carlisle.  

You've " had your earful of them"? Yet now you align yourself with the Brexit Party?

I suppose, "If you can't beat them, you join them."?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

1 hour ago, Saintslass said:

I agree. I think a lot of English people have perhaps a misunderstanding of their aims.

They are popular in the north and with those who wish to break up the union. However in the central belt particularly,  Scottish people are very doubtful of them. 

59 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

What's your point?

You've had your earful of one Nationalist party, but now you are aligning yourself with another.

A design guru reacts to the Brexit Party logo in action ... and it's positive for our nationalist collective ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

A design guru reacts to the Brexit Party logo in action ... and it's positive for our nationalist collective ...

You pay an awful lot of money for design this good and it doesn't happen overnight. Where did that money come from, baring in mind this logo will have been completed well before the party was launched and the supposed small donations started coming in?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

A reminder of who you’re voting for.

NHS privatised? “Who cares? BREXIT!”

National Front levels of racism and xenophobia? “Who cares? BREXIT!”

A fundamental cash-grab by some of the richest establishment folk in Britain pretending they care about you? “Who cares? BREXIT!”

I could go on.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

2 hours ago, ckn said:

NHS privatised? “Who cares? BREXIT!”

A fundamental cash-grab by some of the richest establishment folk in Britain pretending they care about you? “Who cares? BREXIT!”

Is it possible to deliver a Brexit that doesn't result in the NHS being privatised?

Likewise, is it possible to deliver a Brexit that doesn't enable "a fundamental cash-grab by some of the richest establishment folk in Britain"?

2 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Is it possible to deliver a Brexit that doesn't result in the NHS being privatised?

Likewise, is it possible to deliver a Brexit that doesn't enable "a fundamental cash-grab by some of the richest establishment folk in Britain"?

The Brexit Party have not published a manifesto.

Other than wanting a 'WTO Brexit' they have no other published policies.

Any claims as to what their policies are on other topics are pure speculation on behalf of the person posting that claim. The things mentioned in the quote above about NHS privatisation and cash grabs are personal opinion not published Brexit Party policy.

19 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

The Brexit Party have not published a manifesto.

Other than wanting a 'WTO Brexit' they have no other published policies.

Any claims as to what their policies are on other topics are pure speculation on behalf of the person posting that claim. The things mentioned in the quote above about NHS privatisation and cash grabs are personal opinion not published Brexit Party policy.

That’s why I point to the man in lieu of policies

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

It will certainly be interesting to see the Brexit Party policy on a number of issues, trying to accommodate such diverse beliefs of Anne Widdicombe to Claire Fox should be fun!

It will be the usual thing that happens when far right parties get a few votes and try to draft a full set of policies. They will realise that the voters and members agree on only a small number of things, have quite a few people flounce off angrily, and be left with a few angry ultras carrying the fight.

See also the BNP, EDL, UKIP, etc.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

39 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

It will be the usual thing that happens when far right parties get a few votes and try to draft a full set of policies. They will realise that the voters and members agree on only a small number of things, have quite a few people flounce off angrily, and be left with a few angry ultras carrying the fight.

See also the BNP, EDL, UKIP, etc.

Being a one trick pony won't help either. Sure, they will do O.K in this EU election but after that their reason for being is gone. Once out of the EU the Brexit Party will be no more. They probably won't ever have to publish detailed policies about anything.

32 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Being a one trick pony won't help either. Sure, they will do O.K in this EU election but after that their reason for being is gone. Once out of the EU the Brexit Party will be no more. They probably won't ever have to publish detailed policies about anything.

That's still an "if" not a "when". Just.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

He had resigned from politics (so he keeps saying) yet Aaron Banks was funding his lifestyle?  Wonder what banks got out of it?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

He had resigned from politics (so he keeps saying) yet Aaron Banks was funding his lifestyle?  Wonder what banks got out of it?

Man of the people bullied in the streets by the metropolitan elites, its a disgrace!

Still, subscribing to the theory I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth, at least we know the Russians arn't funding him!

2 hours ago, shrek said:

Man of the people bullied in the streets by the metropolitan elites, its a disgrace!

Still, subscribing to the theory I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth, at least we know the Russians arn't funding him!

Following in the footsteps of what I've seen from Brexiters watching the recent documentary on the EU, this is a cast iron confession that he is being funded by the Russians.

22 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

You've had your earful of one Nationalist party, but now you are aligning yourself with another.

Well at least you acknowledge that the SNP is a nationalist party, unlike the post I responded to.

Oh look, another one of their candidates who wants rid of the NHS. There seems a bit of a pattern doesn't there?

Nice to see Led by Donkeys @ByDonkeys back in action.

34 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Well at least you acknowledge that the SNP is a nationalist party, unlike the post I responded to.

I was responding to your post which stated that the SNP were a nationalist party, so it's your claim of nationalist that I am referencing, not mine.

Since their name includes the word nationalist, it is safe to assume that they are a nationalist party. However, in my opinion, they are nationalist only insofar as they want Scotland to be independent of the rest of the UK. I do not recognise them as nationalist in the same way as the BNP, EDL, etc. These groups are happy to espouse violence in pursuit of their version of independence. By the way, I am not convinced that UKIP and BREXIT have distanced themselves sufficiently from the EDL/BNP mobs.

Not sure I see the point of the latest Led By Donkeys campaign, if we've learn't anything of late its that those cheerleading the Brexit Party care not what it stands for beyond Brexit or whose standing for it, there only concern is seemingly whatever form of Brexit Nigel is promoting today, not yesterday's version, ie his cheerleading of the "Norway" version, just today's version of Brexit.

1 hour ago, shrek said:

Not sure I see the point of the latest Led By Donkeys campaign, if we've learn't anything of late its that those cheerleading the Brexit Party care not what it stands for beyond Brexit or whose standing for it, there only concern is seemingly whatever form of Brexit Nigel is promoting today, not yesterday's version, ie his cheerleading of the "Norway" version, just today's version of Brexit.

I saw one Instagram thread just now (I thought of all sodding places, that'd be safe from Brexit contamination) where someone I know was thanking the Donkeys campaign for reminding them of the good things these people are saying, this was the picture he posted (Twitter version for simplicity of linking)

Ah well, I hadn't spoken to him in person in 6 years (or so) and only tolerated him as someone I worked with anyway.  That's one person off my "friends" lists then.

Archived