Ryan Hall

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Farmduck said:

The big question is why are the Bears playing at Henson Park in a double-header?

I have thought about this for a few hours and still don't see it as the big question.

Hope Hall does well.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I have thought about this for a few hours and still don't see it as the big question.

Hope Hall does well.

If he is fit and healthy he will do well, in fact, I think he would do better than well.

16 hours ago, Farmduck said:

The big question is why are the Bears playing at Henson Park in a double-header?

Apparently there was 4K+ last weekend or the one before for Newtown.

it wasn’t even their festival match, which last year drew a bigger crowd the Manly on the same day.

Roosters recruit Ryan Hall will come into contention for a long-awaited NRL debut after Daniel Tupou was ruled out of Friday's clash with Brisbane.

While Latrell Mitchell (groin) will be right to go at Suncorp Stadium, the Tricolours short turnaround sees Tupou sidelined after he was hospitalised with a neck injury sustained in Sunday's win over Canberra.

Coach Trent Robinson confirmed that Tupou would have no long lasting effects and could return as early as next week.

Hall himself is on the comeback trail from an ACL rupture, with either a straight swap with Tupou or shuffling Mitch Aubusson into the backline Robinson's main options for Friday.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/casualty-ward--late-mail-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news/

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

If he is fit and healthy he will do well, in fact, I think he would do better than well.

I think he's too old to make the transition to a faster more skilful league. Throw in the fact he's had a serious injury which likely will change him for the worse permanently anyway I fear he'll struggle....I hope I'm wrong as I like him

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

Roosters recruit Ryan Hall will come into contention for a long-awaited NRL debut after Daniel Tupou was ruled out of Friday's clash with Brisbane.

While Latrell Mitchell (groin) will be right to go at Suncorp Stadium, the Tricolours short turnaround sees Tupou sidelined after he was hospitalised with a neck injury sustained in Sunday's win over Canberra.

Coach Trent Robinson confirmed that Tupou would have no long lasting effects and could return as early as next week.

Hall himself is on the comeback trail from an ACL rupture, with either a straight swap with Tupou or shuffling Mitch Aubusson into the backline Robinson's main options for Friday.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/23/casualty-ward--late-mail-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news/

It’s a bit of a gamble throwing him back in after so long out with no prior games but perhaps needs must. 

He might struggle to keep Tupou out going forward though, as he’s been very good this year and a lot more consistent 

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I think he's too old to make the transition to a faster more skilful league. Throw in the fact he's had a serious injury which likely will change him for the worse permanently anyway I fear he'll struggle....I hope I'm wrong as I like him

Maybe, but he is similar in many ways to the Morris twins and they are both still first-grade standard. They are a couple of inches shorter and 5kg lighter but are a year older than Hall and have both had some bad injuries. A winger doesn't have to be Usain Bolt. He just has to be faster than the guy chasing him.

If Hall was prepared to move into the back row he could easily do another 3 years.

A lot of wingers' work is done on tackle 1 and 2 and Hall's size makes up for any loss of speed in that area.

13 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

It’s a bit of a gamble throwing him back in after so long out with no prior games but perhaps needs must. 

He might struggle to keep Tupou out going forward though, as he’s been very good this year and a lot more consistent 

There's not much depth at the Chooks. Their reserve grade team this week has Hall and Bernard Lewis on the wings. Lewis is 22 and has never played NRL so he's no whiz kid.

Lke the nrl.com article says, they could shuffle Mitch Aubo around so he could cover for Hall if Hall doesn't go the distance.

8 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Hall must have packed on 2 stone since he started playing which suits his bustling hand offs style that he's good at. However if I had a newly made ACL and was thundering down the wing I'd want less weight than 16.5 stone on it...especially at 32

He might have dropped some weight and got leaner over there..........either way we’re just speculating atm 

Just now, Farmduck said:

There's not much depth at the Chooks. Their reserve grade team this week has Hall and Bernard Lewis on the wings. Lewis is 22 and has never played NRL so he's no whiz kid.

Lke the nrl.com article says, they could shuffle Mitch Aubo around so he could cover for Hall if Hall doesn't go the distance.

Is Brett out for a while? 

When you say not much depth, they still have 4 class wingers in Morris, Tupou, Ikavalu and Hall

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Is Brett out for a while? 

When you say not much depth, they still have 4 class wingers in Morris, Tupou, Ikavalu and Hall

B-Moz and Hall were both expected back this week or next. Big incentive for Hall to play and play well before B-Moz comes back.

2 hours ago, Farmduck said:

A good rap from someone who knows him.  Granted he hasn’t shoved tries away like he did in his early to mid years at Leeds, but he’s a champion player.  If he gets back his fitness and confidence he will be an asset.

Just hope the Australian VRs treating a little better than last time out!

6 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

What do Canadians know about Rugby League anyway?

Beware self proclaimed prophets in the wilderness pretending they know everything. 

The answer to your question is 'enough' to know that if Hall gets his speed up on the wing you had better take him low.

It says alot about the difference between Englands forwards and backs that Hall is seen as having a good chance of making the 13 rather than being a guaranteed starter.

Bateman has gone down under and is a star turn! 

He, Hall, is a very experienced talented England player with a good work ethic yet for him to make the 13 week in week out will be seen as a big thing. 

Backs is the real difference between NRL and SL I feel. Look at who would challenge his opposite number for his Jersey between England and Oz. Theres a big difference between the forwards and backs. 

I hope Hall takes his chance well. I feel he's a very smart player and did not go down under to play reserve grade so I expect him to force his way into the side on a regular basis. They must have looked at him as a way to make up for the loss of Blake Ferguson as both players are very good metre makers coming away from their lines. 

Lastly, I feel he offers great value as a bench player, as can clearly play second row if needed. 

As good as Hall is, i think his age is against him. I hope he does well though.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

50 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Beware self proclaimed prophets in the wilderness pretending they know everything. 

The answer to your question is 'enough' to know that if Hall gets his speed up on the wing you had better take him low.

Haha, touché K’man, just having a bit of fun with you.

Always been a big fan of Hall. Wish he came to Aus 6 years ago!

4 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Here's hoping....England need him 

Do you really think so?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Too big at his age to be a top flight Winger, pace has gone and his injury will have exacerbated that.

He will struggle, you cant survive on crash over tries from 20 meters out in the NRL for long.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Archived