Ryan Hall

42 minutes ago, Allora said:

Too big at his age to be a top flight Winger, pace has gone and his injury will have exacerbated that.

He will struggle, you cant survive on crash over tries from 20 meters out in the NRL for long.

Could be, and this type of injury is a confidence shaker but he knows how to get over the line.  Robinson would have known he wasn’t as fast as a few years ago anyway.  I think he be ok.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Farmduck said:

B-Moz and Hall were both expected back this week or next. Big incentive for Hall to play and play well before B-Moz comes back.

Slightly off topic but it was interesting to note that Bevan French has been playing reserve grade footy this year. I know he’s slight but he’s electric. He’d be a good pick up for a SL club 

8 hours ago, Allora said:

Too big at his age to be a top flight Winger, pace has gone and his injury will have exacerbated that.

He will struggle, you cant survive on crash over tries from 20 meters out in the NRL for long.

Yeah but you stated the Roosters were wasting their money when they signed Cronk,let’s see how he goes before writing him off

14 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Hall must have packed on 2 stone since he started playing which suits his bustling hand offs style that he's good at. However if I had a newly made ACL and was thundering down the wing I'd want less weight than 16.5 stone on it...especially at 32

just peaking

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

8 minutes ago, foozler said:

........is thinking that whatever happens in Aus, even if he spends his time playing bush rugby, it has to be far better than being part of the worst Leeds team in decades.

You got that right.

6 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Pretty mixed first half. Great offload but an error at the end. Has smashed and been smashed. 

Decent enough I think he’ll just be glad to get a few games under his belt. 

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Decent enough I think he’ll just be glad to get a few games under his belt. 

You have to give him a few games to get back in form...PERFECTLY REASONABLE FOR A PLAYER OF HIS QUALITY.

19 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Why don't just wait and see how Ryan Hall goes in an actual NRL game, before making baseless speculations?

If posters followed your advice, it'd be pretty quiet on here! ???

I listened to the ABC commentary stream at work and, going by what they said, a solid but unspectacular return to action. Plenty more to come, if his body permits it, with fitness returning and more familiarity with the Roosters' playing style.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I thought he was poor. He didn’t break the line or get involved enough to outweigh his errors. When they get their first choice wingers back, he will be back in the NSW Cup. 

To be fair to Hall the Broncos kept Roosters' left edge pretty quiet for most of the game. Mitchell was unMitchell-like added to which the ball rarely made it out to Hall. 

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I thought he was poor. He didn’t break the line or get involved enough to outweigh his errors. When they get their first choice wingers back, he will be back in the NSW Cup. 

First game back after 9 months and posts these stats....

Not really 'poor' was he? Also, how can he be 'back' in the NSW cup - he's never played in it? 

He put his hand up and played relatively last minute in a new comp, in a new team, against some of the best outside backs in the game after a massive injury. Your bias against him is glaringly obvious.

image.thumb.png.30f2dcbe65195d3c2453d0accd684e07.png

I thought he did ok.  One fantastic offload to Mitchell and when he dragged the Broncos player into touch off a deflected kick were the high points. Also won the ball back off a high kick which set up good attacking position.  Made some good yards on carries - as shown in the stats above.

He didn't get much ball as the game was played in the middle (and what a game it was) with the forwards bashing the hell out of each other.

After such a long time out and against such a good opposition I think he will be satisfied with how it went.  Better to come.

48 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

First game back after 9 months and posts these stats....

Not really 'poor' was he? Also, how can he be 'back' in the NSW cup - he's never played in it? 

He put his hand up and played relatively last minute in a new comp, in a new team, against some of the best outside backs in the game after a massive injury. Your bias against him is glaringly obvious.

image.thumb.png.30f2dcbe65195d3c2453d0accd684e07.png

Each to their own, but I watched the game and that was my view. Happy to re visit this in a few weeks, but having seen every Roosters game Sky has shown, he did nothing to  suggest he was better than the other first team wingers. I wish him neither well nor ill, but would be surprised if he makes a success of it at the Roosters. 

1 minute ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Didnt really impress at all. Maybe needs a few more games, but has plenty to do if he wants to play first grade going off todays performance.

Doesn’t have to, it’s Robinson he has to impress.

Coming back from, what used to be, a career ending injury is just as much psychological as physical over the injured term. His stats today will give him more confidence.

If he gets back to form he’ll start, if he doesn’t he won’t.

On 16/05/2019 at 13:50, Allora said:

I wonder why someone much more qualified than you decided to recruit him?

He's clearly not the player of old, Leeds had his vintage years, and yet your premiers still want him.

He must be some talent to do that. Seriously what other player has gone to the NRL from SL for their final big pay day?

I watched the game and he coughed up one or two which is uncharacteristic but forgivable given the circumstances!

This is essentially his first preseason game and his first game back from a long lay off! The performance, given the intensity of the game and his lay off was very good.

He is absolutely made for the NRL. I'm not talking flashy but he's sound defending kicks, has great awareness and field position, will physically dominate his opponent including in D and makes metres for fun.

Archived