Air Transat

RobertAM

Word out in the financial markets that Air Canada has made an offer to buy Air Transat. Not great news as I am of the opinion that AC is a far inferior operation on many fronts not the least of which is in the area of customer service. Remember the joke going around about the unofficial AC motto "we're not happy until you're not happy"  

but mostly I'm wondering what effect this may have on the sponsorship of the WP??

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

Word out in the financial markets that Air Canada has made an offer to buy Air Transat. Not great news as I am of the opinion that AC is a far inferior operation on many fronts not the least of which is in the area of customer service. Remember the joke going around about the unofficial AC motto "we're not happy until you're not happy"  

but mostly I'm wondering what effect this may have on the sponsorship of the WP??

I HATE air canada,  I really hope this doesnt happen.  as much as Air TransCrap (as my mother calls them)  could improve, I much prefer them to AC.  and with the demise of WOW air, we need more trans atlantic options not fewer!

agree totally...Air Canada I'm convinced is run as a benefit for its fat cat executives. Never had a bad flight with AT and will support them to the hilt as long as they sponsor the Pack. And now Westjet is being sold..sad. Maybe.bring back airships, enviro friendly and fast enough.

I wouldn’t be too pessimistic, if there is a good chance of bums on seats in the hundreds for a good portion of a summer there will be carriers open to that.  Whether folk will be willing to travel Air Canada is another question.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/05/2019 at 17:32, Kayakman said:

My wife says there goes any cheap flights to see the Wolfpack over yonder.

We flew on Norwegian to Dublin to see the summer bash. It was quite a bit cheaper than even Air Transat even factoring in the flight from Dublin to Manchester. 

32 minutes ago, NickWeaver said:

We flew on Norwegian to Dublin to see the summer bash. It was quite a bit cheaper than even Air Transat even factoring in the flight from Dublin to Manchester. 

How did you enjoy the bash?

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 27/05/2019 at 20:13, RayCee said:

How did you enjoy the bash?

It was great. I wish the Wolfpack would have been a later match as we had to leave Manchester early in the morning because it is about 1 and a half hour train ride to Blackpool. 

The games that we watched though were great and the concessions were well priced as well. 

My only complaint was I wish there was a bit more to do around the stadium between the games.

On 28/05/2019 at 00:40, NickWeaver said:

did you do the " BIG" one

The Big One ^ - geograph.org.uk - 1096.jpg

8 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I thought an hour and a half was a short commute to you Canucks?

It is for me as I live a 5 minute bike ride from work

6 hours ago, POR said:

did you do the " BIG" one

The Big One ^ - geograph.org.uk - 1096.jpg

No but we did do the tower which was pretty cool.

Archived