Good luck (Hornets)for the Blackpool Bash

glemiln

1 hour ago, DaveButt said:

You have to give Matt time and I'm sure he will do it.

I remember years ago there was a certain Scotts man at Manure Shited who was on his last game to turn things around.

He certainly did that and and in over 20 years. turned out to be probably one of the best in the game managing one of the best teams in the league

I think everybody realises what a task Matt's taken on. He's got my backing and we all need to be patient. There's still a lot of the season to go.

Your goalkicker is very good! Surely one of the best in the division on yesterday's showing. 

From a Swinton point of view the first half was abysmal, completing at 35% and 12 errors in our own half. That we weren't out of the game on those numbers would be a worry for you guys. I expect any other side in the league would have put 50+ on us playing like that. Second half we improved and got on a roll as your team faded really badly and came away with the points. In the end the goalkicking made it look closer than it really was in terms of tries.

You looked a more determined side than good Friday (when it looked like a few gave up) but I don't know if the improvement will be too little too late for you, it's not easy to improve fitness at this stage of the season.

Honestly as a Swinton supporter we saw too poor sides yesterday - yes Swinton got the win - but didn't fill me with any confidence for the rest of the season and clearly Rochdale with a new coach are still work in progress. Good luck to both our sides for the rest of the season.

Currently viewing Dewsbury v Batley and earlier some of the Barrow v Sheffield game and there is not a lot between those teams. Haven't yet been able to see anything of our game to compare with those teams.  Power, speed, craft & fitness are the key ingredients, but Hornets' rebuild and getting the right mix at this stage of the season could be an impossible task. A coach on today's commentary team made the comment that it's fine having big fellas, but they can work against the team if they are not at the right fitness levels, especially part-time.  This especially with warmer conditions and dry pitches.  The step up too, eg from part-time with League 1 or indeed Mayfield to the Championship is huge, especially v experienced/full-time sides.  Good luck to Matt.

Next week's game with Barrow will be a huge test.  They gave it all today and some of their better players are back. Jono was the usual pocket battleship and shows no sign of slimming!

I was shocked at Ainscough he is carrying some timber for a semi pro winger.  I hope it works out for Matt but I think the championship is too tough an act for Hornets.  On the subject of previous coaches it does nobody any favours to carry on the diatribe especially given the fact you never know when you may bump into him.

24 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

I was shocked at Ainscough he is carrying some timber for a semi pro winger.  I hope it works out for Matt but I think the championship is too tough an act for Hornets.  On the subject of previous coaches it does nobody any favours to carry on the diatribe especially given the fact you never know when you may bump into him.

Well there's a lot of calories in Soreen so I'm told.

50 minutes ago, mickhornet said:

Hope youre right Gavin, a win would have been so good,

Sunday will be a great indication wether we have improved in the last month with a change and signings. Let’s hope for a win! 

A game of two halfs, i  thought that first half was the best we have played all year, we were fast, aggressive and really took it to swinton who didn't want any of it. They were lucky to get 10 points in that half. But again we let good chances go and could of be in the 30s going into the second half.

But the second half was a mess,  we gave away silly penalties and didn't look like the side that put 24 points past them earlier. We let them run onto us, we played one man rugby and lacked a killer instinct in the final third. I think fitness was a big problem we put so much  into the first 40 that we didn't have anythung to give in the last 15 mins and that is what cost us.

I thought the ref had a poor game and the quality of refing this season has been low, but this is not the reason why we lost.

I think we may have to wake up to the fact that Carl forster's fitness "training" my not be fixable with the time we have left, it was fitness that got us over the line at Dewsbury and was a big factor to us winning the last two games last year. But we are the least fit team in the  competition and while the gap in skill and player quality is massive between the top and bottom half of the league, when we played the bottom half last year (teams that theoretically have the same skill as us) it was our fitness that got us the points but now we don't have that.

On love rugby league six things we learned from summer bash, one of the points was a lot of work to do for rochdale. We have barrow next week, Dewsbury after that and York after that. If we don't get at least a win and a draw out of them then it maybe to much work to do.

6 minutes ago, The Lad said:

A game of two halfs, i  thought that first half was the best we have played all year, we were fast, aggressive and really took it to swinton who didn't want any of it. They were lucky to get 10 points in that half. But again we let good chances go and could of be in the 30s going into the second half.

But the second half was a mess,  we gave away silly penalties and didn't look like the side that put 24 points past them earlier. We let them run onto us, we played one man rugby and lacked a killer instinct in the final third. I think fitness was a big problem we put so much  into the first 40 that we didn't have anythung to give in the last 15 mins and that is what cost us.

I thought the ref had a poor game and the quality of refing this season has been low, but this is not the reason why we lost.

I think we may have to wake up to the fact that Carl forster's fitness "training" my not be fixable with the time we have left, it was fitness that got us over the line at Dewsbury and was a big factor to us winning the last two games last year. But we are the least fit team in the  competition and while the gap in skill and player quality is massive between the top and bottom half of the league, when we played the bottom half last year (teams that theoretically have the same skill as us) it was our fitness that got us the points but now we don't have that.

On love rugby league six things we learned from summer bash, one of the points was a lot of work to do for rochdale. We have barrow next week, Dewsbury after that and York after that. If we don't get at least a win and a draw out of them then it maybe to much work to do.

Don’t we have a conditioner in Miles Greenwood?

these players train 2/3 a week together, which I appreciate they should be doing tough sessions but these individuals should be keeping/getting fit in their own time. 

Didn’t a Carl Forster team beat Rochdale 38-0 in the cup last year? Was they unfit?

Think people are looking for everyone to blame, fact is... we have the smallest budget, worst squad because of that budget. So we find ourselves in a position we’re we belong.

Yes, Matt should of been given the job at the beginning of the season, probably should of got it the last 10 years he’s gone for it, but he hasn’t for one reason or another. Time to just get behind the lads, stop pointing fingers and get on with it.

We beat barrow last time, quite convincingly, improve like we are doing then we should win. 

36 minutes ago, The Lad said:

I'm not blaming the ref for the loss either but I thought the incident were a Swinton player went in head high to prevent a possible try scoring chance in the second half was a yellow card professional foul all day long. Especially when we've had players sin binned in the past for holding onto the ball for a few seconds too long !

27 minutes ago, RLfan99 said:

Don’t we have a conditioner in Miles Greenwood?

these players train 2/3 a week together, which I appreciate they should be doing tough sessions but these individuals should be keeping/getting fit in their own time. 

Didn’t a Carl Forster team beat Rochdale 38-0 in the cup last year? Was they unfit?

Think people are looking for everyone to blame, fact is... we have the smallest budget, worst squad because of that budget. So we find ourselves in a position we’re we belong.

Yes, Matt should of been given the job at the beginning of the season, probably should of got it the last 10 years he’s gone for it, but he hasn’t for one reason or another. Time to just get behind the lads, stop pointing fingers and get on with it.

We beat barrow last time, quite convincingly, improve like we are doing then we should win. 

Hahahaha so no criticism allowed, I do love the dubble standard as we all know if forster was still in charge no one would be defending him, a poor half is a poor half and it can be called as such.

As far as training 2/3 times a week it don't matter how many times you train its what you do in the traing session that matter, and for far to long it seem they weren't doing much.

Smallest budget don't mean dropping balls, poor defences and no clue in attack resulting in throwing away a game we should have won. However I will be the first to say we have improved over the last 2 or 3 weeks.

As far as referencing Whitehaven, I can't comment I wasn't there, but on saturday we were out for the last 15 mins and that was the biggest factor.

I think if we play like the second half against York and the first half against swinton we will have a good chance but we need to do it for 80 mins.

The tern getting behind the lads is a great way of making this a them vs us argument, those who don't say a bad word or who blindly look at the good only because they like who's in charge are the only true fans, and the ones who are critical as trying to bring down the club. 

On 20/05/2019 at 19:00, RayH said:

Completely outplayed barrow last time in very poor conditions.

Should be a comfortable win on Sunday according to the level of improvement made

54-10, you were half right it was a comfortable win.

Archived