A magic alternative

Just now, JonM said:

Should clarify that those were questions - I don't know what, if any, promotion there has been in Liverpool.

And as an RL fan you should be blown away by contact, image and offers.

And at no time should tou have to ask those questions.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 hours ago, superten said:

I would like to see super league at Blackpool 3 double headers on  may bank holiday . Two games Saturday , two sunday and then two Monday .

Three days in Blackpool? I couldn t think of much worse!!

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

And as an RL fan you should be blown away by contact, image and offers.

Fairly sure I've had multiple emails from SL, although I don't support a SL club. I was thinking more about the local promotion that was done for yesterday's game.

1 minute ago, JonM said:

Fairly sure I've had multiple emails from SL, although I don't support a SL club. I was thinking more about the local promotion that was done for yesterday's game.

Yep the Liver should be full of it too!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I feel like there is room for both, or at least, I don't feel like Sky is going to let Super League just get rid of Magic Weekend anytime soon.

Anyway, it would be great if every Super League team could play at least one game a season at a bigger venue and try and turn it into a blockbuster.  Potentially it could be a shared match between both teams, ie. Wigan v Saints will be played 3x times this year, you have one at Totally Wicked, one at DW Stadium and then the third could be taken somewhere else and made into its own unique event, not just the same fixture again and again.

Where that is, and whether it is close enough for fans to be prepared to travel, or whether the clubs involved can engage the local community is another matter, however, if the match is a joint promotion from both clubs, it means you can consider doing things like this:

• Giving all members of both clubs tickets to the game
  • Sharing all promotion costs, venue hire, etc but also sharing then any revenues

Using say Wigan and St Helens again, you would potentially be starting with what 15-20K before you actually have to go and sell a ticket? Provides a good basis for selling it as an 'event' 

Anyway, if Magic is kept, then Magic also needs to be moved away from where these 'big matches' could take place.  ie.  There is no point playing Magic at Anfield, when arguably Warrington v St Helens could be played there that same year (or in the same vicinity). 

Firstly it reduces the neutrals who might attend either 'event' as they'd possibly only go to one game at Anfield in the year and secondly it can arguably create embarrassment for the sport if single club game draws the same or more than one of the days for Magic.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

On 18/05/2019 at 19:33, doc said:

Been to Liverpool today. Saw plenty of flags for women s hockey world cup. Saw nothing for the Magic weekend. I'm assuming that the RFL think people will just turn up.

Let's blame the right people. This is not the RFL's event to promote. 

It's a Super League event and, given that SL is essentially a consortium of the clubs, it's up to them to promote it. 

On 18/05/2019 at 19:33, doc said:

Been to Liverpool today. Saw plenty of flags for women s hockey world cup. Saw nothing for the Magic weekend. I'm assuming that the SL think people will just turn up.

That better?

magic may look better on tv if there wasn't 3000plus  outside the ground while games are on drinking tinnies as to avoid rip off prices for sub standard dishwater in plastic glasses, stadia/arena = rip off

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Archived