London Skolars - Top of League One

15 hours ago, flyingking said:

It doesn't.......................................................................................................it has TWO mens teams and both successful

London Lions won their first league title this year.

London City Royals appeared at The O2 today in the Play off Finals but were well beaten.

Do remind us what happened to the London Leopards plus their predecessors ? Brief flowerings then . . . . . . 

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, flyingking said:

It doesn't.......................................................................................................it has TWO mens teams and both successful

London Lions won their first league title this year.

London City Royals appeared at The O2 today in the Play off Finals but were well beaten.

Ironically one of the choices on tonight’s Pointless final round was British Basketball League teams.

rldfsignature.jpg

20 hours ago, Sparse Attendance said:

They have done amazing and it’s great to see. Well it is for those who like myself want sides from outside the so called heartlands to do well. The anti-expansionists (who probably haven’t been a game for years), won’t like it and they’ll be the ones moaning saying “what about your real RL clubs in the north”.  

I don't know of anyone who just wants clubs along the M62. These clubs just happen to run academies that produce players, these clubs have the bigger attendances, these clubs have investors in for the very long run, and they put on the show for the Television audience and attract £200Million into the game.

London always did well when heavily backed as did Newcastle (as Gateshead) and Celtic Crusaders too and it appears London Skolars are being heavily backed now Argyle is on board, and they run juniors and Broncos run an academy. Expansion means more investment in the game to capture more TV money to share and more serious player participation and development.

Very few if any are against proper expansion that's also happening in Toulouse. Why have a go at people who don't really exist?

5 hours ago, The Parksider said:

I don't know of anyone who just wants clubs along the M62. These clubs just happen to run academies that produce players, these clubs have the bigger attendances, these clubs have investors in for the very long run, and they put on the show for the Television audience and attract £200Million into the game.

London always did well when heavily backed as did Newcastle (as Gateshead) and Celtic Crusaders too and it appears London Skolars are being heavily backed now Argyle is on board, and they run juniors and Broncos run an academy. Expansion means more investment in the game to capture more TV money to share and more serious player participation and development.

Very few if any are against proper expansion that's also happening in Toulouse. Why have a go at people who don't really exist?

As far as I can find out, little money from the Toronto owner has appeared. There has been a bit of 'in kind' support, so the improvement so far is all home derived. All the more impressive if that is the case. 

8 hours ago, The Parksider said:

There’s no money as yet from Argyll. Success is 100% down to current owners, coach and set up. 

44 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

There’s no money as yet from Argyll. Success is 100% down to current owners, coach and set up. 

i can vouch for that

i can also add we probably have more home grown players than most other teams in all leagues

On 22/05/2019 at 02:33, EssexRL said:

How many of the team would be from non traditional league areas?

How has Tommy Chipchase gone this season, a rugby league name if ever there was one.

On 21 May 2019 at 17:33, EssexRL said:

He's referring to the other London Skolars,the one on planet Parky.

On 21/05/2019 at 17:33, EssexRL said:

I heard the same from the Skolars owner/CEO on either the 5 live or Total RL podcast recently.

On 21/05/2019 at 09:20, The Parksider said:

Very few if any are against proper expansion that's also happening in Toulouse

Except that isn't expansion proper or otherwise.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Excellent - we might be able to pull 500 for a Championship London Derby.

Having seen Skolars in the pre-season game vs Wigan youth - I was very unimpressed.

Is it more the quality of Skolars or a drop in the quality of the other sides?

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Excellent - we might be able to pull 500 for a Championship London Derby.

Having seen Skolars in the pre-season game vs Wigan youth - I was very unimpressed.

How do you measure quality?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Wigan game is really a bit early for us plus we didn't have any of the season loans and DR and a few overseas players hadn't arrived. plus its against a FT outfit that trains FT for at least a month earlier 

5 hours ago, Leonard said:

I think IM2 has accurately answered this. A few new players. Improved fitness. Commitment over 80mins. Not giving up. Players playing to their potential. Great coach. 

By way, we had a pre season friendly with Broncos and got over 600 IIRC. 

We have a two week break now and then WWRs at home so expect us to get back to winning ways. 

Have to say .... nice to see Skolars getting so much attention on this forum and social media more generally. As always key is getting more locals down to New River. 

4 hours ago, EssexRL said:

Have to say .... nice to see Skolars getting so much attention on this forum and social media more generally. As always key is getting more locals down to New River. 

I'll be there on the 15th next month....assume they'll be showing the game from Perpignan in the bar after?

Archived