Who's coming to magic?

My sixth one and first since we came back in SL

Doing both days and most looking forward to dumping Leeds to the bottom of the table and bring one of about 20 Broncos goading 6000 Whinos after.  Will also be rooting for Salford and Hull (guess why ?)

Bringing 2 non RL mates (well one now is actually)....it's going to be mustard can't wait!!

Who else is going ?

Been every year but alas due to the incompetence of the RFL staging it on the same weekend as the Liverpool Marathon (I have done this run and there are 10,000 entries) I can't go.

I tried to book a hotel in January and all booked up. Any other weekend or venue would have been fine but no they had to choose the only one where no accommodation is available.

I know many who aren't going for the same reason and you will most likely see the worst attended weekend to date and not because of a lack of interest but due to the short-sightedness of an organisation that never ceases to amaze me.

Just now, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Doing both days and most looking forward to dumping Leeds to the bottom of the table and bring one of about 20 Broncos goading 6000 Whinos after.  Will also be rooting for Salford and Hull (guess why ?)

Were you a soccer fan before finding RL? If it's good spirited teasing, fine. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Been to every one and will be there again this year, barring any personal disasters.

Looking forward to Liverpool as much as any of the others I've been to, tbh. Plenty of negative stuff from RL folk (as usual) but it's a great city and I'm hoping for another positive reaction from both the locals and Derek Hatton. ?

Anybody fancies a meet up, I'll be with RoyBoy and one or two others, but don't let that put you off. Hell, it would be even nice to meet Steve Reed and it would be one of the shorter trips for him to watch his faves play so you never know....

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Been to every one and will be there again this year, barring any personal disasters.

Looking forward to Liverpool as much as any of the others I've been to, tbh. Plenty of negative stuff from RL folk (as usual) but it's a great city and I'm hoping for another positive reaction from both the locals and Derek Hatton. ?

Anybody fancies a meet up, I'll be with RoyBoy and one or two others, but don't let that put you off. Hell, it would be even nice to meet Steve Reed and it would be one of the shorter trips for him to watch his faves play so you never know....

Hoping to make it over there, depends on work. I'll contact you to see where you are for a pint or two!

i'll be there with a group of ex uni RL players.... been to the last 4 or so in a row, a bbit less enthused about this as I liked newcastle but will be a good weekend with good mates. 

For anyone who couldnt find accomodation we always use air bnb and get a flat for the 4-5 of us (6 last year and i think this) and its always been good, sometimes the price increases but not always (as some people havent a clue whats going on) and normally good accomodation, plus its a flat so we can hang around in the morning if we cant be bothered to get up and go for a wonder. 

10 minutes ago, Swansea Jack said:

Maybe the wife will let me visit the Cavern again.

Be great to meet you.

Are you Paul or Ringo?

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Be great to meet you.

Are you Paul or Ringo?

It might be Bruce Wayne! ?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I’m going. I never miss it. Why would I want to miss an event for my favourite sport where I can watch 3 games in one day for £20?

Must admit though I’m not looking forward to it as much as usual, Liverpool is bad place for it, anfield is an awful stadium for it, and Wigan won’t take anywhere near as many fans a week after Barcelona...

But I still won’t be moaning about empty seats while sat at home. 

Sadly not. Me and the boy were going too (and cheer the other London team on) but chose Barcelona instead. Can’t afford both unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Roy Boy said:

It might be Bruce Wayne! ?

Thought he hung out in the Bat Cave. ?

22 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Thought he hung out in the Bat Cave. ?

I think you'll find they are one and the same! ?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

I have not been since it was moved from Cardiff. I have got a ticket for the Kop on Sunday, but I will only be nipping down the road to watch Salford and then I will probably collect a speeding fine trying to get back and not miss too much of the Swinton .v. Dewsbury game.

Giving it a miss. 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Archived