To the players

EQUALIZER

Well done lads what a disgrace most of you are. Thanks a lot for mugging us off in front of an handful of dog fans and thousands of sky viewers. When we talk about needing players we need a scrum half that is interested .Absolutely disgrace its along time since the team got booed of the field and unless you pick up it wont be the last. To the   5 players that tried you played for the shirt and to you top respect.

6 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

Well done lads what a disgrace most of you are. Thanks a lot for mugging us off in front of an handful of dog fans and thousands of sky viewers. When we talk about needing players we need a scrum half that is interested .Absolutely disgrace its along time since the team got booed of the field and unless you pick up it wont be the last. To the   5 players that tried you played for the shirt and to you top respect.

Good post till you brought Batley fans into it. 

There is no lack of effort. There are maybe one or two players who aren't maybe up to standard, but our attacking organisation needs to be a lot better. When we got near the Batley line we had no idea, our only move seems to be Finn's pass round the back to Hooley, which is so predictable, they might as well post the opposition a letter. And why don't we ever try and put a kick into the in goal and force a drop out? If we score, it puts pressure on the opposition. Confidence is low but either we don't practice moves near the opposition line or we do and just need more composure near the line. Lee Greenwood shares some of the responsibility. 

I don't think any of the players weren't trying. Like Wakefield Ram said there was a lack of organisation and creativity when we got near the Batley line. It's always disappointing to lose a derby but in the wider scheme of things we're still in a reasonable league position and showed at Widnes and Featherstone, as well as at home to Toronto, that we can compete with the best in this division. Reading Lee Greenwood's interview after the Batley match, it sounds like he's trying to mould the younger and less experienced players into what he wants. That will take time and this coach and crop of players deserve patience from the fans. Before the start of this season (given the crop of relatively unproven players)  I would happily have taken 10th spot and four pints clear of relegation (with a game in hand) at this stage.
Plenty of reasons to be optimistic. Onwards and upwards.

If I understand correctly LG is spending a lot of time coaching technique and systems, quite rightly. What we also need is someone, an assistant maybe, who can coach hunger, desire and belief; a will to win, a bit of edge, call it what you will. If we see the players leaving the pitch defeated but drained, exhausted and bitterly disappointed we can take that. When it looks like just another day at the office that is when it hurts.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Listening to the edited interview with Lee Greenwood on Radio Leeds, it seems like he is prepared for defeats as he tries to build a team for next season.

I heard a couple of shouts at Blackpool of “Greenwood out”, but I don’t subscribe to that  

We must remember that he came to the club at probably the wrong part of the season and had to acquire players where he could, some not ready (or good enough) for our division and has had to offer them out to clubs to give them game time and or match experience. I read that Martyn Reilly has played with Wakefield reserves to give him some contact in a match. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

54 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

If I understand correctly LG is spending a lot of time coaching technique and systems, quite rightly. What we also need is someone, an assistant maybe, who can coach hunger, desire and belief; a will to win, a bit of edge, call it what you will. If we see the players leaving the pitch defeated but drained, exhausted and bitterly disappointed we can take that. When it looks like just another day at the office that is when it hurts.

What coaching? Why was sykes put in the squad if not fit to play? who is trying to kid who?If we lose the next two both greenwoods can go for me.   But we are trying to compete against full time teams with pots of money and others with huge parachute payments from sl.      Also Ottawa and new york on there way ,voted in by clubs like Dewsbury  i suppose.   Turkeys voting for xmas.  SL will not want all these in there league.May be SL 2 on it's way.

When the going gets tough it seems what some brain dead people want is to get rid of the head coach. A coach who runs one of the best rugby academies in the country - just look at the number of young lads signed on for Super League teams who have come through Lee’s academy. He knows how to develop players. 

What the hell do fans want? Where do you think Dewsbury should be in the table? This is the toughest Championship that’s ever been. 

Do fans honestly expect him to come in and have the Rams in the top 5?! 

The best time to analyse a new head coach is probably halfway through his second season - when he’s had chance to build a squad of his own. 

Keep the faith and get behind the lads for christ’s sake. 

3 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

When the going gets tough it seems what some brain dead people want is to get rid of the head coach. A coach who runs one of the best rugby academies in the country - just look at the number of young lads signed on for Super League teams who have come through Lee’s academy. He knows how to develop players. 

What the hell do fans want? Where do you think Dewsbury should be in the table? This is the toughest Championship that’s ever been. 

The best time to analyse a new head coach is probably halfway through his second season - when he’s had chance to build a squad of his own. 

Part of the frustration is our performances vary between great (Fev Widnes) to dismal (Batley games). I'd be happy with 10th at the end of the season. But last season's Championship was far tougher than this year, there were more FT teams and some better funded PT teams.

4 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

Every one that I know that travel home and away support the coach 200%.he will get it right. In his own words had we hung onto beat Toronto,Sheffield and York plus losing a point at Barrow.We would have been pushing top 5.He would have hade a coach of the month award.We didn't so we are were we are.The lads doing alright for his first season and he wont be happy till he competes in every game.Dont ever blame fans for getting upset at losing to Batley in the way we did. Its called rivalry and some times the team needs reminding what a derby game means.

Lee is a winner. It would have been very simple for him to come in and say 'as long as we finish above Rochdale and Barrow I'll be happy', but, as he's said many times, he puts a plan in place to win every match. A bit more composure in the early season games and the Rams would be pushing for a top five place which would be quite incredible. I'm sure as soon as Sykes returns our fortunes will improve.

It's always disappointing losing to Batley but look at the two head coaches, one has had six months in charge, the other has had time to mould his squad. 

Lee has numerous contacts in the game, he's played at the very top level and he's close to a number of the biggest players in the country. I'm not suggesting that a host of Super League players will be signing for next season but don't be surprised if a couple of high profile players are wearing a Rams shirt in 2020.

Yes Sykes is a big miss but it seems to have gone unnoticed that we have also missed the passion, drive and leadership Chris Annakin gave the team... our fall off in performance has coincided with both Sykes and Annakin not being in the team ..... I notice that he has not been involved in the recent trinity squad ... so here's hoping we can have him back this week to give that aggression and determination that we have been sadly missing!  If he plays we might just get a positive result! 

If we could get this team on the pitch we would win more than we would lose!

Hooley  Morton Ryder Walshaw Worrincy Sykes Finn  Annakin Ward Garrett Trout Kibula Knowles ........ Day Igbinedion Andrade and Sherife ( unlucky for Gabriel who imo is pushing hard for a regular starting spot and Toby Richardson .... not seen enough of Kilner to assess) 

Although painful you have to allow for the fact that Lee was a late appointment and wasn’t able to sign a lot of the players he may have wanted, the club has to take a share of the blame for that as it appears we have been playing catch up since the beginning of the season . I don’t agree with all these loan signings although admittedly some of them have been our best players so far. I don’t see the benefit of loaning players to “have a look at” like  he has said previously. Surely there has got to be a good young half back out there that needs game time. 

players don’t seem the same either, I hated Knowlsy when he played against us , he was a grub and always got into a bit of biff which in turn fired his team up the knowlsy I remember would have put smeaton on his ###### for the he was pulling at the weekend. He has been nothing like that since he signed for us. I also think the Liam Finn of old is certainly better that the current Liam Finn.

big couple of weeks coming up . We need to win, no excuses. If we don’t then I could see us joining league 1 next year . Although my heart states it simply can’t happen my head says maybe we just have to accept that is now our level. I don’t know if I want to see the club I love so much get battered week in week out. 

34 minutes ago, SheffieldRam said:

big couple of weeks coming up . We need to win, no excuses. If we don’t then I could see us joining league 1 next year . Although my heart states it simply can’t happen my head says maybe we just have to accept that is now our level. I don’t know if I want to see the club I love so much get battered week in week out. 

To be honest since the salary cap was increased in the CH, the division has been nothing like as good to watch as it was. The top 2 or 3 have been so far in front of the rest, the whole division has been generally a pretty boring affair.

Maybe if SL take all of the funding, as per Lenaghan wishes, and they go to a 14 team SL, maybe it will re-balance things up in our division. Looking at the rest of the teams outside of the top 2, all of the teams look fairly evenly matched and beatable/capable of beating each other on the day.  

14 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

To be honest since the salary cap was increased in the CH, the division has been nothing like as good to watch as it was. The top 2 or 3 have been so far in front of the rest, the whole division has been generally a pretty boring affair.

Maybe if SL take all of the funding, as per Lenaghan wishes, and they go to a 14 team SL, maybe it will re-balance things up in our division. Looking at the rest of the teams outside of the top 2, all of the teams look fairly evenly matched and beatable/capable of beating each other on the day.  

That would mean, of course, that we would all fall to the same standards as the C1 clubs without having to go through the process of relegation. Good plan.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

That would mean, of course, that we would all fall to the same standards as the C1 clubs without having to go through the process of relegation. Good plan.

Whether it is a good plan or not, I can't help feeling with the current incumbents in charge at Red Hall, the "plan" to remove funding outside of SL has an air of inevitability about it. If not in the next round of negotiations, it feels like it is only a matter of time...

Whether that is a bad thing for clubs like Batley and Dewsbury remains to be seen, at least from a competitive standpoint, even if the overall standard will inevitably fall.

The championship between 2009-2014 was a close league between every club despite certain  clubs struggling the play offs were between different clubs every season same with the grand final results even though sheffield did play fev twice on the bounce.. the old nfp could come into play with a strong 16-18 big league for the championship 

On 21/05/2019 at 20:54, the old nine ole said:

If we could get this team on the pitch we would win more than we would lose!

Hooley  Morton Ryder Walshaw Worrincy Sykes Finn  Annakin Ward Garrett Trout Kibula Knowles ........ Day Igbinedion Andrade and Sherife ( unlucky for Gabriel who imo is pushing hard for a regular starting spot and Toby Richardson .... not seen enough of Kilner to assess) 

Can’t vote for any team with a second rower in the centre. Does my head in.  

I know Leeming is injured but hands up if you want to on the wing outside Lucas Walshaw.

18 hours ago, NickD said:

Can’t vote for any team with a second rower in the centre. Does my head in.  

I know Leeming is injured but hands up if you want to on the wing outside Lucas Walshaw.

Who would you play in that position then Nick?

On 20/05/2019 at 23:44, EQUALIZER said:

Out of interest, who do you reckon were the five players that tried?

From what I've seen of your lot this season, I'm guessing Iggy, Ryder, Morton, Walshaw & Trout?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

1 hour ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

From what I've seen of your lot this season, I'm guessing Iggy, Ryder, Morton, Walshaw & Trout?

Defensively Worrincy has been better than expected and runs the ball out well - must really wish he had some decent ball.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

14 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Defensively Worrincy has been better than expected and runs the ball out well - must really wish he had some decent ball.

Yes he had a half decent game at the bash defensively, under the high ball ..... and threatened to break on occasions! His pace and power are a real asset and need to be exploited more often.

2 hours ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

Those lads are playing up and beyond expectations. Theres an old saying they win as a team they lose as a team got to say it hurt did that one.Anyway its done now water under bridge.We move on to Swinton as a unit players and supporters.

Archived