Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Future is League

Catalan Dragons keen on Nou Camp return

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Jean is such an obvious troll. He's not even any good at it. Perpignan and Salford Quays 🤣🤣🤣

Jean used to troll on rlfans, he was known as the 'fake frenchman'. I'm guessing he's thinking by adding a y to the end of his rlfans username he is suddenly incognito! 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Jean is such an obvious troll. He's not even any good at it. Perpignan and Salford Quays 🤣🤣🤣

I think you have the wrong Jean there fella. Ask Manfred Mann where the real Jean/League Freak is.....🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jean Capdouzey said:

I think the Dragons can build momentum with this and aim for a 50K next year.  Send another club though please.....

Get sick of it over there dealing with the morons?  It could be a yearly event...its worth a try (pardon the pun).  Of course it should be a league game...worth a look see in the future anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope they do go back to the Nou Camp.

Next step should be a double header to include Toulouse and a well supported Championship club.

Smash the 40k barrier next year. Announce it even sooner and more people will be able to make the trip.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Get sick of it over there dealing with the morons?  It could be a yearly event...its worth a try (pardon the pun).  Of course it should be a league game...worth a look see in the future anyway.

Yes, definitely tired of the flatcap syndrome all around me.....the games has had 124 years to establish itself in these grimey northern villages and failed. Time for fresh new pastures of abundance my friend. Toronto, Ottawa, Toulouse and Perpignan are the seeds that are growing rather splendid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jean Capdouzey said:

Yes, definitely tired of the flatcap syndrome all around me.....the games has had 124 years to establish itself in these grimey northern villages and failed. Time for fresh new pastures of abundance my friend. Toronto, Ottawa, Toulouse and Perpignan are the seeds that are growing rather splendid.

Ahhh don't be so hard on the old timers....it takes many different  plant species to make a healthy forest.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Ahhh don't be so hard on the old timers....it takes many different  plant species to make a healthy forest.

Yes! Good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cdd said:

Really hope they do go back to the Nou Camp.

Next step should be a double header to include Toulouse and a well supported Championship club.

Smash the 40k barrier next year. Announce it even sooner and more people will be able to make the trip.

So that will be Catalans v Salford or London (if london are still up) and Tolouse v Sheffield if the RFL have anything to do with it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cdd said:

Really hope they do go back to the Nou Camp.

Next step should be a double header to include Toulouse and a well supported Championship club.

Smash the 40k barrier next year. Announce it even sooner and more people will be able to make the trip.

Why have a double header??

Small time thinking that.

They should commit to 1 game a season and have the date in the diary now! In fact they should have announced it at the game so people who enjoyed it could have bought a ticket for next year.

Think it was Saracens did this at Wembley and the crowd grew year on year.

What they could also do is to engage with the Rugby league clubs in Catalonia (spanish) think there are 2 from memory.

They should play before the game not a nonesical double header involving French team(s) who don't associate with Catalonia.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, RP London said:

So that will be Catalans v Salford or London (if london are still up) and Tolouse v Sheffield if the RFL have anything to do with it!

Salford may have a good following to Barcelona? Wigan only took 4k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, yipyee said:

They should commit to 1 game a season and have the date in the diary now! In fact they should have announced it at the game so people who enjoyed it could have bought a ticket for next year.

They can't commit to anything until Barcelona FC give them their permission.

  • Like 2

rldfsignature.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

They can't commit to anything until Barcelona FC give them their permission.

As long as the financial risk is for Catalans, then I don't see it being an issue considering Barca's season wraps up at the same time each year. Even if they relay the pitch, I doubt it would happen as early as May.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

They can't commit to anything until Barcelona FC give them their permission.

Of course not but they should have built that into any discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Salford may have a good following to Barcelona? Wigan only took 4k

Wigan may have sold 4k directly but took a fair bit more than this. I was in the opposite end from the Wigan allocation and there were quite a few Wigan fans, as there were scattered elsewhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Damien said:

Wigan may have sold 4k directly but took a fair bit more than this. I was in the opposite end from the Wigan allocation and there were quite a few Wigan fans, as there were scattered elsewhere.

Cool.

Wasn't a negative post just that Salford may take a few more than to say wakey on a Thursday evening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mr Wind Up said:

As long as the financial risk is for Catalans, then I don't see it being an issue considering Barca's season wraps up at the same time each year. Even if they relay the pitch, I doubt it would happen as early as May.

I doubt the financial risks or rewards of the game are of much interest to Barcelona either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yipyee said:

Why have a double header??

Small time thinking that.

When have you ever seen any other kind of thinking in British RL though?

Edited by Big Picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yipyee said:

Of course not but they should have built that into any discussion. 

How would that have panned out? "Would you like to play at the Nou Camp?" "Only if we can play there every year".


rldfsignature.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yipyee said:

Cool.

Wasn't a negative post just that Salford may take a few more than to say wakey on a Thursday evening

Thats still only about 5 :kolobok_ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Albert Rosenfeld/Paris Surtout/Jean Capdouzey 

Doesn't seem to have mastered the weird not-quite-English of Albert/Paris/Manfred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

How would that have panned out? "Would you like to play at the Nou Camp?" "Only if we can play there every year".

Do you work on the doors with that tone!

I would have said.. if it works well we could look at future events?

Or this could be the start of a beautiful partnership?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, yipyee said:

Do you work on the doors with that tone!

I would have said.. if it works well we could look at future events?

Or this could be the start of a beautiful partnership?

You’re not coming in dressed like that. Catalans were invited to play at the Nou Camp. If they want to play there again they may have said “could we look at future events” not “we could”. 


rldfsignature.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

You’re not coming in dressed like that. Catalans were invited to play at the Nou Camp. If they want to play there again they may have said “could we look at future events” not “we could”. 

It was portrayed to us as that being the conversation but if invited a bullish approach would be to ask about future deals... 

Boxers will write rematch clauses into contracts this would be no different.

Can't see Barca objecting as it's win win for them. They also host around 4 other sports at the camp so it's not like they mind the competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...