Learning Disability Rugby League

What a great story this is. It's great to see Rugby League growing like this and including everyone:

From being bullied for daring to dream about playing for St Helens, to scoring a hat-trick for the club on his Super League debut - Josh Taylor has proved to be one very determined teenager.

Taylor is a hard-running, energetic, home-grown Saints rookie who wears the red and white 'V' on his chest with the sort of pride that only a lifelong fan of the club can appreciate.

The 18-year-old is also autistic.

But his condition will not stop him from achieving his life's ambition, as he is one of the inaugural members of Saints' learning disability rugby league team, which plays in the Community Integrated Care Super League.

"At school, I was bullied about rugby," Taylor said. "I always said I wanted to play for Saints so this is like 'wow'.

"I'm walking in the footsteps of my heroes for my hometown club.

"This has been in my heart forever and ever. I love the history of this club and I added to that history when I scored the team's first hat-trick.

"I just love every minute of wearing this shirt."

That strength of feeling will reach new levels as Taylor and his Saints team-mates line up alongside 11 other sides for Magic Weekend at Anfield, home of Liverpool - the football club he grew up supporting.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/48024870

Archived