25-26 May: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

On 21/05/2019 at 22:43, OriginalMrC said:

I'm looking forward to a cracking game between Bears and Crusaders this weekend. I counted as many as 5 ex Bears in the Crusaders line up last weekend so it's sure to be hard fought! 

The mens game is actually part of a double header with Army RL women playing Wigan Warriors women in a challenge cup game (KO. 5pm). Am really looking forward to that too. 

Who are the five MrC? The obvious DMS and Ben Stead.

rldfsignature.jpg

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Unfortunately I’ve backed Skolars at 4/1 in a treble with Wire -6 and Oldham -6 so it’s only a matter of time before Whitehaven come back. Apologies. 

Damn you  -  although we are doing ok at the moment. I expect a donation to the club if you get your treble.   

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Unfortunately I’ve backed Skolars at 4/1 in a treble with Wire -6 and Oldham -6 so it’s only a matter of time before Whitehaven come back. Apologies. 

Sorry! Wasn’t to be today. Strong first half from London but faded in second with a few errors creeping in. 

4 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

I like Crusaders and you’ve got some cracking players but you are a million miles away from even thinking about promotion. You’ll be doing well to finish above Coventry.

Agreed, they was re building just missed out on play offs league one cup final but made a change so will need a bit more time in my opinion but yeh have some good players for sure. 

Good wins for Haven and Oldham today. Would not have said the top 2 at near the half way point of the season being Haven and Skolars. 

A big win against Keighley for Oldham. Not sure if that is Oldham being brilliant or Keighleys players being affected by the coach going. Makes Bears result against Oldham last week look pretty respectable. Still seems a crazy decision by Keighley when they were going well considering the disrupted preseason they had 

Oldham were excellent today, best away performance for a long time. Keighley weren't great tbf but I don't think the coach going had much effect. Oldham pretty much dominated throughout and could have had 2 or 3 tries more but for dodgy finishing . Didn't expect to put 50 on Keighley, suffice to say the travelling Yeds fans and the players were ecstatic at the final hooter. 

Shaping up to be a very interesting league, no clear favourite and most games are incredibly competitive, hold onto your hats from now til the end of the season! 

well im happy at the moment, so far the top 3 havnt beaten thunder this season, we beat scolars away, drew away at whitehaven and beat oldham at home, lots of games still to be played, game tomorrow is massive for both sides, come on thunder lets make it 5 games unbeaten!! 

A very flat performance from the Bears at home today. Spent most of the game waiting for the Bears players to spring to life and, aside from a mini fightback mid way through the second half, it never happened. Was a very scrappy game and Bears gave away countless penalties. 

Crusaders were fully deserving of their win though. More creative and defended very well. Think they'll likely push on a bit now

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

A very flat performance from the Bears at home today. 

Crusaders were fully deserving of their win though.

Good win NWC. 

Shame about Bears.  I nearly got to the game too but for a late change of plan.  Hopefully one of those days for Cov and nothing more 

On 25/05/2019 at 17:31, Moscow01 said:

I like Crusaders and you’ve got some cracking players but you are a million miles away from even thinking about promotion. You’ll be doing well to finish above Coventry.

A million miles??? List to Skolars by one point, lost to Oldham and Keighley by two. We've been poor are sei out games but we're definitely not a million miles away....

...and we are above Coventry after yesterday's win 

On 27/05/2019 at 13:50, gogledd said:

A million miles??? List to Skolars by one point, lost to Oldham and Keighley by two. We've been poor are sei out games but we're definitely not a million miles away....

...and we are above Coventry after yesterday's win 

Also won at Doncaster.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived