24-26 May: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

28 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Well done,  Fev. You were great and we were really really poor.

Indeed. Fev fully worth the win. We were lucky to get 4. No really.  Fev must have half an eye on a great season now.  Playing some really nice stuff.

In other news... more racist chanting towards us from their delightful fans. 

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Indeed. Fev fully worth the win. We were lucky to get 4. No really.  Fev must have half an eye on a great season now.  Playing some really nice stuff.

In other news... more racist chanting towards us from their delightful fans. 

I was at the game but didn't hear anything, can you shed some light on who was at the receiving end and the nature of the abuse?

19 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I was at the game but didn't hear anything, can you shed some light on who was at the receiving end and the nature of the abuse?

Yes. Second half. Fev fans chanting and pointing at the Bulls fans on the open terrace...

Your father is a P**i

Your mother is a slag

on more than one occasion. 

4 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Yes. Second half. Fev fans chanting and pointing at the Bulls fans on the open terrace...

Your father is a P**i

Your mother is a slag

Unacceptable. Was it reported at the time?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Your father is a P**i

Your mother is a slag

I was at the Railway end opposite where the majority of Bradford fans were second half so that's why I didn't hear anything. Totally unacceptable behaviour. We do appear to have a minority of idiots who are tarnishing our name at present. I make no excuses for them and wish that our club was more pro active in dealing with them in an appropriate way.

Just now, gazza77 said:

Who knows.  There were plenty of stewards standing around hearing it and taking no action.  I take the view that it’s acceptable and par for the course in that part of the world. Shame, but there you go. 

2 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Who knows.  There were plenty of stewards standing around hearing it and taking no action.  I take the view that it’s acceptable and par for the course in that part of the world. Shame, but there you go. 

What I will add is that in the second half when the majority of the Fev fans switched end from the Post Office Road end to the Railway end a good few of the Bradford fans (the lads with the drum) remained in the Railway end and supported their team throughout. The banter was good, the singing was loud, yes there were a few sweary words but nothing too distasteful, mainly aimed at Mr Chisholm for some strange reason. They even mocked their own fans who started to leave early! That's how it should be, fans mixing, sharing the banter without crossing the line. Please don't tar all Fev fans with the same brush as our Neanderthal element.

16 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

I was at the Railway end opposite where the majority of Bradford fans were second half so that's why I didn't hear anything. Totally unacceptable behaviour. We do appear to have a minority of idiots who are tarnishing our name at present. I make no excuses for them and wish that our club was more pro active in dealing with them in an appropriate way.

That's pretty much my view, as likewise I didn't hear anything from the Railway end in the 2nd half. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Fair doos, all fans are different.  But it’s becoming a recurring theme.

I’m sure the club will recognise it and take exactly the same action as Wakefield did. 

49 minutes ago, Konkrete said:

Well i can assure you it isn't acceptable in this part of the world. No need for it and please don't tar us all with the same brush. 

Toronto Scored their 100th try of the season at the weekend, and there have been 808 tries scored so far in the Championship, at 7.844 per game

Other high Try scorers are:

2. Toulouse 84

3. Featherstone 72

4. Sheffield 66

5. = Leigh & Widnes 56

15 hours ago, Private Baldrick said:

The Club should identify them and ban them from the ground.

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 03:52, SL17 said:

Full time V Part time.. Do you actually understand that or just ignorant to the fact?

Although Summer Bash beating a full time squad has probably taken its toll.

Weekend started badly when Fly Be decided to reduce the size of plane leaving 4 leigh players at the airport - leigh coaches and non playing offered to swap but not allowed to, so 4 spent all day flying to different airports to get to the team digs in the early hours. Leigh did look jaded, and failed to take advantage of an even first half by not scoring points when in good position to do so. TO started to bust us down the middle and got a great roll on. Fantastic ###### up with the TO fans before and after the game for the 300 or so Leythers in attendance.

5 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

And Barrow secured only their 1st Home win of the season

There have been 56 Home wins, and 38 Away wins, and 1 draw in the 103 games so far

That adds up to 105 games.

On 26/05/2019 at 20:42, Konkrete said:

Your father is a P**i

Your mother is a slag

Pretty embarrassing wasn't it? I was sat a few rows in front of them cringing.

Rest assured it was a small minority.  Disappointed the stewards did nothing.

I've made my feelings known to the club.  It's totally unacceptable. It won't be the 20 or so morons paying the fine when The RFL are forced to act.

On 26/05/2019 at 20:47, gazza77 said:

Dunno is the short answer to that. Someone must have said something as there was the usual RFL announcement over the PA about 'respecting everyone', though even that didn't happen until the last couple of minutes of the game. It's a shame really. We got stuffed, which was what we deserved, to be honest but no-one should have to listen to racist rubbish like that in 2019, I'm sorry but it's just unacceptable.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

14 minutes ago, Bulliac said:

Dunno is the short answer to that. Someone must have said something as there was the usual RFL announcement over the PA about 'respecting everyone', though even that didn't happen until the last couple of minutes of the game. It's a shame really. We got stuffed, which was what we deserved, to be honest but no-one should have to listen to racist rubbish like that in 2019, I'm sorry but it's just unacceptable.

I agree. The "rugby league is a family game" is played nearly every game at some point, so being so late in the game seemed fairly arbitrary at the time. No idea whether it was this or something else that triggered it however. 

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

On 26/05/2019 at 20:42, Konkrete said:

Your father is a P**i

Your mother is a slag

It’s not as if Fev are getting 5/6,000 a game, so surely it can’t be that hard for the stewards/club officials to have a rough idea who is giving Fev a bad name whether they are at home or away with their behaviour. Or is it typical of our sport who like to go on about it being a family game, and yet turn a blind eye to what goes on at times on the terraces at times. 

Archived